Where To Get a Passport Photo in Raleigh, NC, and a Few Extra Useful Tips
Having to prepare a passport application can be daunting. You need to check what documentation you need and mind the ever-changing photo requirements.
Where to get a passport photo in Raleigh, NC, is a no-brainer with DoNotPay! We’ve got the intel and are happy to share it with you. What’s more, DoNotPay has a smooth passport photo tool to help meet the necessary government standards.
Regardless of your state of residence, the passport application process and the necessary documentation are the same. If you’re taking a passport photo at home using a digital camera, phone, or tablet, you’ll need to meet the following size criteria:
- The passport photo must be 2 x 2 inches (51 mm x 51 mm)
- Your head image needs to be:
- Between 1 and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm–35 mm)
- 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of your chin to the top of the head
In case you’d like to save some money and take and print the photos alone, you have to pay attention to the:
- Background—You need to stand in front of a white background without any patterns, objects, or shadows in the picture
- Quality of the photo—Your digital image has to be in high resolution, and the printed pictures need to portray the correct skin tone
Consider having your photos printed by professionals if you don’t have a solid home printer. Don’t forget that your passport application might be rejected in case your photos don’t fulfill the requirements.
Besides the above-listed criteria, you need to pay attention to a few additional demands. Your passport photo needs to be:
- In color
- Current, i.e., taken within the last six months
Take into account the info in the following table before taking your photo alone, online, or having it taken by a friend, family member, or professional:
|You Have To
|Tilt your head or wear:
If you’re wondering what you should wear, your everyday clothes are acceptable.
Taking a photo at home can be tricky as you cannot take a selfie and will have to use a tripod or ask someone to help you. Instead, you can have your photo taken at a place that provides a passport photo service.
Here are some suggestions:
- Pharmacies—Your local pharmacy might offer this service. If there’s a Bartell Drugs, Walgreens, Rite Aid, or CVS store in your neighborhood, you can have your picture taken there
- Shipping companies—Your local PostalAnnex, FedEx, USPS, or UPS facility is also an option, but you should check whether you’ll have to make an appointment
- Retail stores—Some stores provide photography services, so you should try at Walmart or Target
- Photography studios—Professional photographers can take your photo, but you should check the price first because it tends to be pretty high
You can probably have your photo taken at the official passport acceptance offices in Raleigh. Here’s how to check that:
- Open the Passport Acceptance Facility Search page
- Enter your ZIP code
- Click the Search button
- Check out the provided contact information
You should get in touch with the facility to confirm that they offer an end-to-end passport application service.
Professionals charge around $15 or more for a passport photo. You can save some money if you because we’ll help you avoid:
- Not taking and printing the photo correctly at home
- Paying a considerable sum for a professional passport photo service
We’ll make sure your passport photos meet government requirements. Our AI-powered app adjusts the photo background, size, and lighting according to the official standards.
DoNotPay inspects your photo thoroughly and lets you know if you need to retake it.
We’re available 24/7, so you don’t have to fuss over the business hours of pharmacies, stores, or photo studios.
and follow these simple steps:
- Choose our Passport Photos feature
- Snap a new headshot or upload an existing photo
- Select if you’d like to get two physical photographs delivered via mail within three to ten business days, depending on the shipping option you pick. You’ll get a digital image by default
Find your place of residence in the table below to see where you can have your passport photo taken:
For an average Joe, any mention of legal terminology and complicated administrative processes is likely to cause a headache, and understandably so! Still, you don’t have to jump the gun and hire expensive lawyers for the smallest matters.
It’s the 21st century, and everything is automated. Why would it be different with bureaucracy? DoNotPay can help you draft efficient neighbor complaint letters, prepare you for a small claims court appearance, or create standardized legal documents and have them notarized online.
Our app is a great resource for fighting workplace discrimination, stopping stalking and harassment, protecting copyrights, securing compensation for victims of crime, and even reducing property taxes—all at a fraction of the price of traditional legal help.
Whether you’re saving for rainy days or a new gadget, DoNotPay can provide numerous options to save and earn more cash.
Do you need help with utility bills? Are you wondering how to get those few dollars left on your gift cards? Are you unsure about how to find your unclaimed money? If the answer is yes, our app can help.