Where To Get Passport Photos Taken in Chicago—What You Need To Know
The first step in your passport application process is taking your passport photo. It might seem easy in theory, but you have to make sure you follow all the standards set by the U.S. State Department, such as the size, resolution, and background color.
If you don’t know where to get passport photos taken in Chicago, look no further! DoNotPay provides the ultimate guide on how and where to get your passport pictures without a hassle. Sign up for our service and get the ultimate passport photo online without breaking a sweat.
Chicago is full of places where you can get your passport picture taken. Whatever location you choose, make sure to call before you go to get info about the cost, business hours, and printing time.
Check out the list below for locations you can visit:
- Pharmacies—Visit your local pharmacies, like CVS, Rite Aid, or Walgreens, to get your passport picture taken
- Retail stores—Go to stores, such as Walmart and Target. Make sure to call and check if the one near you is offering this service
- Courier service providers—Call FedEx or UPS to book an appointment or do a walk-in
- Photography studios—Opt for a professional photography studio if money is not a concern. Keep in mind that some photographers at photo studios might not be aware of the official passport photo requirements
- Passport acceptance facilities—Get your passport picture taken at passport application facilities, such as:
- Public libraries
- Court clerk’s offices
- Government offices
- Post offices
- Passport expediting services—Hire a passport expeditor to file your passport application if you’re in a hurry to get your passport. This service also includes getting your passport photo taken
Although you might feel that you’re getting a professional passport photo service, you also need to be aware of the following factors:
- Cost—Walmart charges approximately $7 for passport pictures, but other locations may charge as high as $20. In case you choose a photography studio, you might even have to pay double
- Time—When opting for passport photo service, you need to consider the business hours and printing time
- Satisfaction—You will need to ensure that the photographer is fully acquainted with the official passport photo requirements
Save yourself the hassle and take your passport picture at home!
Whether you want to have your picture taken or take it yourself, you need to meet the acceptable standards.
Take a look at the table below to get acquainted with the dos and don’ts of taking passport photos:
|What To Do||What To Avoid|
To take your passport picture at home, you need to follow these instructions:
- Find or set up a white background
- Place your camera on a tripod, ensuring there are no shadows or uneven lighting
- Sit or stand in front of the camera with a natural expression
Take multiple photos so that you have options to choose from.
If the process of getting your passport photos seems too complicated, we’re here to help you out! Our Passport Photos tool can adjust your digital passport photo according to national standards. Here’s what you need to do once you access DoNotPay from your web browser:
- Select the Passport Photos feature
- Take your photo or upload an existing one
- Enter your email address
- Confirm whether you want to get your photos shipped
You can also choose a shipping option (rush, expedited, or economy) in case you want the pictures delivered. Once the process is completed, you will receive your photos via mail in three to ten business days.
Find your place of residence in the table below to see where you can have your passport photo taken:
One of our app’s best qualities is its versatility. You can use your personal AI-powered assistant to overcome both legal and bureaucratic obstacles without breaking a sweat. No more waiting in lines or breaking the bank due to sky-high lawyer fees!
Take a look at what you get access to for a low monthly fee:
- Finding ways to connect with a loved one in prison
- Composing a demand letter to a noisy neighbor
- Protecting your creative work from copycats
- Sending any document through online fax
- Drawing up tailor-made legal documents
- Applying for property tax exemptions
- Filing warranty and insurance claims
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Appealing your parking tickets
- Getting airline compensation
- Submitting a FOIA request
- Getting a burner number
The world’s first robot lawyer is capable of so much more! No matter if you want to find your unclaimed money, apply for clinical trials, get rid of email or text spam, prepare for a government test, fight workplace discrimination, or get gift card cash back, DoNotPay can help!
What are you waiting for? Sign up for DoNotPay now to enjoy our nifty products!