How To Take a Passport Photo Online Without Breaking a Sweat
When was the last time you went to get your passport photo professionally taken? In the digital age, it is a hassle to waste time going to a store, getting your photo taken, and then waiting for it to get printed. What if we told you there was another way?
DoNotPay will show you how the process of taking your passport photo online works and provide you with the easiest way of getting a digital passport photo. Subscribe to our app, get your photos, and get the best advice on where to take passport photos and how to print passport photos on 4 x 6 paper.
There are many pros and cons of taking and editing a passport photo yourself versus hiring a professional to do it for you. See the table below for the detailed breakdown:
|Digital Passport Photo||
|Physical Passport Photo||
To create your passport photo, you need to make sure that you meet all passport photo requirements, such as:
- The photograph should be taken within the last six months
- The size must be 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 cm)
- The applicant’s head must be between 1 and 1 ⅜ inches (2.5 to 3.5 cm) vertically
- The photo must have a white background
- You need to look straight into the camera
In case you want a digital passport photo for your online application, here are some additional requirements:
- The image dimensions should be at least 600 x 600 pixels and 1200 x 1200 pixels at most
- The color should be 24 bits per pixel in sRGB color space
- The file should be saved in JPEG format
- The image size shouldn’t be more than 240 kB
- If the size of the image is large and you need to compress it, the compression ratio should be less than or equal to 20:1
Figuring out what to wear for your passport photo can be tricky. To understand what you are allowed to wear, take a look at the table below:
|What To Wear||What Not To Wear|
Your hair should be properly tied or held back so that facial features are not obscured.
If going out to spend money on passport photos seems like too much of a hassle, you also have the option of taking the photo at home and uploading it online. To get started, follow the instructions below:
- Find a place in your home that has a white background and good lighting
- Set your phone or camera so that it zooms on your face properly—alternatively, you can also ask someone to take your picture
- Sit up straight, hold a pose, and give a slight smile to the camera
If you have a printer at home, you can print your passport photo with ease. On most computers connected to a printer, the printing process entails these steps:
- Transfer the photo from your camera or phone to your computer
- Right-click on your photo
- Click on Print
- Select the printer, format, and paper type
- Check the preview before pressing going ahead
- Hit Print again
Do you need to take a passport photo but don’t want to waste your time and money? We can help you take the photo that will meet all passport requirements from the comfort of your home in a few easy steps! Here is how you can do it:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Choose the Passport Photos product
- Snap or upload your headshot
Our AI program will automatically adjust the photo according to the passport department’s requirements. After making the required adjustments, DoNotPay will email the photo to you. In case you want a physical copy, we will mail two copies to your U.S. address. We offer economy, expedited, and rush shipping options, depending on your urgency level.
Find your place of residence in the table below to see where you can have your passport photo taken:
One of our app’s best qualities is its versatility. You can use your personal AI-powered assistant to overcome both legal and bureaucratic obstacles without breaking a sweat. No more waiting in lines or breaking the bank due to sky-high lawyer fees!
Take a look at what you get access to for a low monthly fee:
- Finding ways to connect with a loved one in prison
- Composing a demand letter to a noisy neighbor
- Protecting your creative work from copycats
- Sending any document through online fax
- Drawing up tailor-made legal documents
- Applying for property tax exemptions
- Filing warranty and insurance claims
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Appealing your parking tickets
- Getting airline compensation
- Submitting a FOIA request
- Getting a burner number
The world’s first robot lawyer is capable of so much more! No matter if you want to find your unclaimed money, apply for clinical trials, get rid of email or text spam, prepare for a government test, fight workplace discrimination, or get gift card cash back, DoNotPay can help!
What are you waiting for? Sign up for DoNotPay now to enjoy our nifty products!