Where To Get Passport Photos in Charleston, SC—Everything You Need To Know
For international travel, one of the most important tasks is getting a photo taken for your passport application. That means you need a photo that complies with all the government requirements.
Lots of places offer professional photography services that adhere to these standards. In this guide, DoNotPay explains where to get passport photos in Charleston, SC. In case you’re looking for an easier solution, and get a professional passport photo in less than five minutes!
Passport photos differ from other photographs because they have a specific set of guidelines that you need to follow or risk having your passport photo rejected. If you want to get your passport application to the next step quickly, here are some basic requirements you need to be aware of:
- The photo should not be older than six months so that it can reflect your current physical appearance
- The photo’s measurements should be 2 x 2 inches (5.1 x 5.1 cm)
- You should print the photo on high-quality photo paper, without any smudges or greasy spots
- Your head should measure between 1 to 1 ⅜ inches (2.5 to 3.5 cm) from the top of your head to the bottom of your chin
- You must be facing the camera directly, with both ears visible
- Your expression should be neutral with a natural smile
- Everyday clothes or business attire are recommended
- Many clothing items are prohibited, such as:
- Jewelry that obstructs your face
- Hats and headscarves
- The background should be plain white
If you want to get your picture taken in Charleston, SC, here are a few locations you can visit:
|Passport Photo Locations||Explanation|
|Shipping centers||Many shipping centers provide passport photography services. Popular examples include FedEx and UPS stores|
|Pharmacies||You can get your passport photo taken at pharmacies, such as CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens|
|Retail stores||You may be able to get your passport photo taken at retail stores, including:
Call beforehand to schedule an appointment or check the photographer’s availability
|USPS offices||USPS offices are convenient for passport photo services because you can apply for your passport at the same place. You will need to pay a lot of money to get both done at the same time|
|Photography studios||Photography studios offer professional photography services, but:
Although you have multiple options for getting your passport photo taken, there are some factors that you should consider:
- Time—How much time does the store take to print your photos? If it is more than an hour, move to the next place
- Cost—Is the photographer charging you a higher amount than usual? Passport photos shouldn’t cost you a lot, so check the price before booking an appointment
- Location—Is the location too far from your home? It’s better to go to a place that is convenient for you instead of wasting time on the road and in bad traffic
You can save some time and money by taking a digital passport photo from the comfort of your home. Here is what you need to do:
- Find a place with a white background—A wall or a door are good examples
- Set up your camera on a tripod since you need to be facing the camera directly. If you don’t have a tripod, ask someone to take the picture
- Make sure there is appropriate lighting where you set the camera
- Sit or stand in front of the camera with a natural smile
- Take multiple photos so that you have more options in case you don’t like the first one
- Adjust the photo online according to the official standards
Does the process seem like a hassle? Use DoNotPay and get the perfect passport photo quickly!
Taking digital passport photos at home might sound easy in theory, but when it comes to actually following the requirements, it becomes quite complicated. Why go through the trouble yourself when you have DoNotPay to do the hard work for you?
All you have to do is follow these instructions:
- in your web browser
- Choose the Passport Photos feature
- Take a picture of yourself according to the official requirements
- Provide your email address
After editing the photo, we will email it to you. In case you want printed copies, we can mail them to you within three to ten business days.
Do you want to know more about passport photos before you start posing for the camera? Our knowledge base answers a lot of commonly asked questions, such as:
- What happens if your passport photo is rejected?
- How can you scan passport photos?
- What are the passport photo requirements for minors?
- Can passport photos be printed on regular paper?
- Do you need a new passport photo if you have a beard?
- How can you take a passport photo with an iPad?
- How can you print a passport-size photo on an HP printer?
- Why are passport photos so unflattering?
Find your place of residence in the table below to see where you can have your passport photo taken:
DoNotPay is the perfect solution whenever you need to resolve legal or bureaucratic matters. Here’s a fraction of what our AI-driven app can help you out with:
- Jumping the phone queue when reaching out to reps
- Scheduling a DMV appointment in an instant
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Getting robocall compensation
- Fighting email and text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Lowering your property taxes
- Dealing with stalkers and harassers
- Composing a child travel consent form
- Getting college application fee waivers
- Getting a refund for a late or missing delivery
- Suing any company or individual in small claims court
Do you have a bunch of subscriptions that you waste money on but don’t even use? We can help you cancel them effortlessly! After that, our app can initiate a refund request and make sure you get your money back.
For a low monthly fee, you’ll get access to our impressive range of products, so sign up now!