Where Can I Get a Passport Photo in Boston—Your Questions Answered!
Having a passport is an essential requirement for traveling internationally. You need to get your passport photo taken according to the updated government requirements first.
There are a lot of places you can visit to get a professional passport photo taken in Boston. Before you go to one of them, call them to confirm the cost, business hours, and printing time. Such factors vary by state and vendor, so it’s better to know your options before going to the nearest location. See the table below for more details:
|Where To Get Passport Pictures||Brief Explanation|
|Retail stores||Check out the nearest retail store to see if they provide passport photo services. Next time you go out, visit Walmart, Target, or any nearby store to ask them if they can help you out|
|Pharmacies||Get in touch with pharmacies like CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens to determine the cost and procedure of getting your picture taken|
|Shipping centers||Get your picture taken at shipping centers, such as UPS, USPS, FedEx, and PostalAnnex|
|Photography studios||Although professional photographers are experts at taking pictures, they might not want to bother with passport photos or can be too expensive for your pocket|
|Passport offices||Some places where you submit your passport application also offer passport photo services|
If going out to get your passport photo taken seems too much of a bother, take your picture at home, especially if you have a good camera. If you don’t have one, you can take a digital photo using your phone or iPad. Here is what you need to do:
- Set up the camera on a tripod in front of a white background
- Check the camera settings and make sure the lighting is good
- Set the self-timer
- Sit or stand in front of the camera with appropriate attire and expression
If you don’t have a tripod, ask a friend or a family member to take the picture for you.
Once you’re done, you can either print the picture at home or go to the nearest print shop to get it done.
Taking passport photos at home is not all that difficult if you are acquainted with the basic requirements. To prepare for the process, here is what you need to know:
- The background of the picture should be plain white or off-white. Any other color or pattern is not allowed
- You should be facing the camera directly, with your face completely visible
- Your facial expressions should be neutral, but you can have a slight, natural smile
- Wear everyday clothing or business attire unless it’s a uniform
- You should avoid wearing accessories, such as:
- Jewelry that obstructs your features
- Hats or head coverings unless you’re wearing them due to religious or medical reasons. You need to provide a signed statement confirming this
- Heavy makeup that changes your features
- Sunglasses or tinted glasses—You are allowed to wear anti-glare prescription glasses
- Scrunchies or headbands
- The photo should measure 2 x 2 inches (5.1 cm x 5.1 cm) and should be printed on high-quality photo paper
- The image needs to have high resolution. Acceptable values range between 600 x 600 and 1200 x 1200 pixels
Want an easy solution to get your passport photos? Use DoNotPay!
Our app works based on the latest passport photo requirements to ensure that your picture fulfills them. Our Passport Photos feature can make the required adjustments by cropping the photo, fixing the lighting, and making the background of the picture white so that it meets the official standards.
In case there are issues that can’t be fixed, we’ll request you to take another picture instead of working with one that might cause problems for your application.
The best part is that we’re available to help you out 24/7! You don’t have to wait in lines or pay too much to get a passport photo.
All you need to do is follow these easy instructions:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Type Passport Photos in the search bar
- Take a headshot from your phone’s camera. If you’ve already taken a picture, upload it
- Choose whether you want your photos mailed to you
Our AI-powered program will email the photo once it is edited. In case you choose to have it mailed, provide us with your address, and we’ll send it your way. You should receive the photo within three to ten business days, depending on your shipping choice.
We have created a vast knowledge base to provide more tips on creating passport pictures. Check out the table below for handy guides, including:
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Find your place of residence to see where you can have your passport photo taken:
Using DoNotPay comes with plenty of advantages, the main one being that you can resolve just about anything in a matter of clicks. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Do you need to fax a document, draw up an agreement, submit a FOIA request, get a contract notarized, file a warranty or insurance claim, get a burner number, schedule a DMV appointment, or appeal a parking ticket as soon as possible? Sign up now and clear out your schedule because we’ll handle it all!
Even though paperwork belongs in the past, we have to keep dealing with it almost daily. To avoid this annoyance, you can just use DoNotPay!
If you need to compose a demand letter to a rude neighbor, submit a claim for a late or missing package, request compensation from an airline, or sue any company in small claims court, we have your back!
All you need to do is sign up, tell us what you need, and resolve any issue in a matter of minutes!