The Best Walmart Return Policy Guide
How much time do you have to return dissatisfying products to Walmart? Can you return any item, or are there any exceptions? What’s the easiest way to take the goods back? Find the responses to these and many other questions in our detailed guide to deciphering the Walmart return policy! We will also show you how to deal with returns to eBay, Target, Costco, and many other companies without administrative hurdles by using DoNotPay!
Walmart offers you to return the items that aren’t what you are looking for by mail or to a store. Whichever method you opt for, make sure you have the original sales receipt or your Walmart order number when starting the process.
The company provides a 90-day return window for most offered products. The exceptions to this rule are listed below:
|Product Category||Return Deadline|
|Wireless phones||14 days|
||90 days but only if mailed by freight shipping|
The products you can return within the standard time frame but under special conditions include:
- Tires—can’t be mounted or installed
- Unopened tobacco and alcohol—must be returned to the original store where it was purchased
- Home and garden gear—can be returned only if you drain gasoline or flammable materials before you take the gear back
- Personalized gifts and items—can’t be returned by mail
Yes, there are. Due to safety reasons, the company won’t accept the returns containing the following product categories:
- Snow tires
- Trading cards
- Pepper sprays
- Air and BB guns
- Hygienic medical gear
- Diabetic supplies
- Sex toys
- Pregnancy and ovulation tests
- Home diagnostics testing kits
- Gas-powered recreational vehicles
- Prescription devices and medications
- Used or opened RV sewer lines
- Items bought from dealers or resellers
- Products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine
One of the quickest ways to take the goods back is in-store returns. Before you bring the items to the nearest shop, you must submit an online return request in the following way:
- Sign in to your Walmart account
- Click on your initials in the top right corner and choose Account
- Locate the specific item you want to return and tap on Start a Return
- Pick the reason for returning the product and click on Return
- Choose Return to Store and then Continue
- Tap on Finish
- Hit Print Barcode
You can also perform this procedure by starting the Walmart app and scanning the store receipt code.
After getting the store return receipt, pack the products and visit the shop to confirm the return and get a refund. Make sure you also bring the original order invoice or the sales receipt, depending on the purchase method you used.
You should know that Walmart stores can’t issue replacements. This means that you must return the products by mail if you want to replace your purchased item.
The first steps of the mail-in return procedure are the same as with in-store returns. You only need to pick Return by Mail instead of Return to Store and choose if you want a refund or replacement.
You will receive an email from the company containing a Walmart return shipping label. Once you print it out, stick it on the box in which you placed the unwanted items and ship it with FedEx or USPS. The procedure will take two to three weeks from the reception date to be finalized.
|Can You Return Products to Walmart Via||Yes/No|
Yes, you can. If you lose your proof of purchase or forget it at home, you can disclose other information to help the shop staff locate the order or store purchase in question. They can:
- Check your credit or debit card transactions
- Find your order using your phone number or email address
Does the Walmart return policy seem like a real nightmare to you? Too many details and unclear explanations can make the procedure even more difficult. If you want to skip such inconveniences, subscribe to DoNotPay and have your return request created in up to five minutes!
We raise a return claim in your stead by forwarding your purchase details and photo evidence to the merchant. Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit DoNotPay and log in to your account
- Search for Item Return Request
- Add the necessary information about the product(s) you want to return
- Attach the photos showing the damage or reason for returning the item(s)
Upon creating a return request letter, our system will forward it to the retailer in a matter of minutes with a special demand for limited-time processing.
Here’s a table showing some of many other companies we can help you demand returns from:
Don’t Tolerate Corporate Attitudes—Request What’s Rightfully Yours
DoNotPay is known for being the champion of customer advocacy because we help our users claim what’s rightfully theirs, and we don’t tolerate big corporations taking people’s hard-earned money.
If you feel like you’re overpaying certain subscription services, we can help you cancel them. Also, if you want to test a subscription before you start paying money for it, don’t connect your credit card to the free trial page! You can sign up for free trials using our virtual credit card. That way, companies won’t be able to charge you auto-renewal fees because the card has no funds.
DoNotPay has many different areas of expertise—helping you return your faulty items is only one of them.
Check out how our app can assist you in:
- Getting compensation for victims of crime
- Protecting your work from copycats
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Getting access to public records
- Getting free raffle tickets
- Fighting noisy neighbors