Menards Return Policy Explained—How To Return Menards Merchandise Effortlessly
Menards return policy should serve the clients, securing fair return and exchange conditions. Despite the company’s good intentions, returning Menards items can be a complicated endeavor. We’re here to take the weight off your shoulders and offer an easy solution to your return problems.
We will break down Menards return policy and walk you through the process. Subscribe to DoNotPay, and we can handle the entire procedure for you.
If you wish to return an item to Menards, you have a 30- or 90-day return window, depending on the product. Customers can return purchased goods in the following ways:
- In a store
You can also return items purchased online to a Menards store, but the store keeps the right to refuse the return.
We listed the refund options below:
|Payment method||Refund option|
|In-store credit, coupons, and gift cards||
Unlike any other company, Menards allows its customers to make a return even after 90 days of purchase. Although you can’t get your money back, you’ll receive in-store credit in the amount of the original purchase price.
Menards return policy also depends on product type. Check out the details in the table below.
|Product Type||Return/Exchange Policy|
|TD (30-day over-the-counter exchange)||
|ND (90-day over-the-counter exchange)||
|GP (Gas-powered items)
(Including lawnmowers, snow throwers, tillers, log splitters, chipper shredders, generators, pressure washers)
|SV (Service items)||
|MA (Major appliances)||
|SB (Special order items)||
|HI (Holiday items)||
|PG (Plant guarantee)||
|CI (Chemical items)||
|BA (Bargain area/clearance)||
|HP (Handling and packaging)||
To complete your return, keep the following requirements in mind:
- Products missing the original Universal Product Code can only be exchanged for an identical product
- Returned merchandise bought on a rebate must have the original rebate receipt. Otherwise, Menards will deduct the value of the rebate from the return amount
- Sale price adjustment is allowed during the sale of an item when purchased up to 14 days before the sale. In-store credit will be issued for this balance
- End-of-season discounts, closeout items, and special promotions are not eligible for sale price adjustment
- Returned products must be unused, in the original packaging, and contain all accessories, paperwork, and parts
- The cost of the return shipping is deducted from your refund amount unless you’re returning defective merchandise
- Cut or altered stock merchandise is subject to a 25% restocking fee
Menards doesn’t accept returns for:
- Custom windows or window treatments
- Custom exterior shutters
- Steel door glass
- Replacement table tops glass
- Building plans
- Blueprint sets
- Study sets
- Reproducible masters
If you lost your receipt, you can print a Return Receipt only in case the purchase was made by check or credit card. To do so, visit the Return Receipt Kiosk located by the Customer Service Desk at any Menards store. For your convenience, you can print the Return Receipt online from your Menards account as well.
To look up a receipt online, you have to:
- Sign in to your account
- Select My Account from the dropdown menu
- Choose Lookup Receipts under the Recent Purchases section
- Specify the credit card you used for the purchase
- Check the box next to the desired receipt in the Select column
- Click on Save, and you’ll be able to view the receipt as a PDF and print it as needed
In case your items are on order, you will be issued in-store credit for the lowest price, including discounts. Keep in mind that Menards reserves the right to refuse any refund without a receipt. When trying to return an item without a receipt, a driver’s license or state ID is required to complete the process.
You can return the products by mail if you don’t want to visit a Menards store. All you have to do is:
- Contact Menards Guest Service Representative
- Explain the reason for reaching out, and a representative will answer your query
- Follow the detailed return instructions
Returning your package via mail is at your cost. Menards will also deduct a 25% restocking fee.
With 335 locations in 15 states, there’s a fair chance you can find a Menards store in your neighborhood. To return the items, you must:
- Find a location that best works for you
- Bring the confirmation email or purchase receipt with you
- Show the order details at the Service Deck usually located by the entrance
With our Item Return Request feature, you can return Menards items with a push of a button! File a return request within minutes and get a refund or have the goods replaced in the shortest possible time.
To start using this service, you should:
- Create a DoNotPay account
- Navigate to the Item Return Request feature
- Answer our chatbot’s questions regarding your purchase
- Upload pictures to prove your products’ condition if necessary
Our AI-powered app will generate a customized return letter and send it to Menards. You get to pick if you want to receive a refund or exchange your product.
Learn about the return policies of other popular retailers.
|Guitar Center||Sam’s Club||Lulus|
Apart from being your shortcut through returning your faulty items to merchants, our app can do so much more! From helping you request a refund, get extended warranties, file insurance claims, and find clinical trials in your vicinity to assisting you in creating legal documents, notarizing them, and faxing them—DoNotPay can do it all.
Do you think you’re eligible for a victims of crime compensation program? Our app can help you apply for it. Do you want to get revenge on persistent robocalls, report someone for stalking or harassment, or get your noisy neighbors to be quieter? We got your back!
Returning an item may require you to wait in endless lines, but if you sign up for our AI-driven app, you will be able to skip all kinds of queues! You won’t have to spend ages waiting in lines at the DMV or in customer support phone queues because DoNotPay will provide an easier way to get what you need.
If you want to skip the hassle of waiting on the phone when canceling a service, requesting refunds or compensation from airlines, requesting a college fee waiver, or connecting with a loved one in prison, you can count on DoNotPay to provide easy solutions.