How Can the REI Return Policy Help You Deal With Dissatisfying Purchases?
Not every purchase in REI has to be a success. Faulty merchandise and order errors can kill your excitement and make you search for the quickest way to return unwanted products.
The company’s return terms and conditions are quite complicated and insufficiently explained, but we have found a way to simplify the procedure for you.
This article will introduce you to the ins and outs of the REI return policy and explain the steps you should take. Find out how to file a flawless return request in less than five minutes using DoNotPay!
REI provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee for all the products purchased online or in store. This applies to:
- Damaged items
- Products that don’t match the description provided
- Incorrect products in terms of size, color, or model
- Items that didn’t meet your expectations for any other reason
- Goods with manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship
Different product types available in REI have different return deadlines. Check them out in the table below:
|Return Window||Product Type|
|One year||New gear (excluding outdoor electronics)|
|Three months||New used outdoor electronics, including:
|One month||Used gear|
REI proposes certain restrictions regarding the product types that can be returned. The existing return policy applies to all items, except for passes, lift tickets, gift cards, and REI Store Garage Sale merchandise.
It’s also impossible to use the mail-in service when sending back the products from a few specific groups, including:
- Corporate items
- Group Sales items
- Some oversized items
- Hazardous materials
Whether you ordered goods via the REI online store, purchased them in a local shop, or got them as a gift, you can return them by:
- Taking the items to the nearest REI store
- Shipping the products back to the retailer
If you opt for bringing unwanted goods to the store, find the nearest facility using the company’s store locator. Note that you must also disclose valid proof of purchase when requesting an in-store return. All the products must be in their original packages, and the tags must still be attached to them.
When returning online orders this way, you must complete an online request before visiting the shop. Here’s how you can do it:
- Access the REI website
- Find the Return Instructions option at the bottom of the homepage
- Select Return Online Purchases under the How To Return to a Store section
- Input your order number and billing ZIP code
- Click on Start Your Return
- Follow the prompts to finalize the request
Handling mail-in returns also requires starting an electronic claim first, but there are some differences between the procedures for online and in-store purchases:
- Returning an online order via mail—The procedure of filing an e-request is the same as the one that should be done before returning the products to the store. Once you submit the form, you will receive an email containing a prepaid shipping label. Print it out, attach it to the returning parcel, and bring the package to the nearest post office
- Returning items purchased in store—Complete the return form for retail purchases by entering the details from your store receipt. The mailing procedure after receiving the prepaid shipping label remains the same as with an online order
|Can You Start the REI Return Procedure Via||Yes/No|
In-store returns are processed within 24 hours. If you opt for a refund, the money should be back to the original payment method within this time frame as well. When it comes to the mail-in option, it takes a little bit longer—up to three weeks after REI receives the goods back.
DoNotPay has a perfect way to turn your return into a no-brainer! Our AI-powered system needs only a few essential purchase details and less than five minutes to generate a personalized return request on your behalf.
To use this service, follow the steps below:
- Open DoNotPay and access your account
- Select Item Return Request
- Provide some basic information about the unwanted items and explain why you want to return them
- Attach photos in case the product is damaged or incorrect
The letter gets mailed automatically along with a special notice that requires the company to process your demand within a limited period. You will also receive a free return label and avoid paying for shipping!
Check out some more handy guides for returning the items to other shops and companies:
|Sephora||Michaels Stores||Hobby Lobby||Dell||Petco|
If you want to both return your item and get a refund for it, you can count on your personal AI-powered assistant. These two products aren’t the only tricks DoNotPay has up its sleeve, though!
With our app, you can also claim insurance, get an extended warranty, find your missing assets, request refunds from airlines, reduce your property taxes, lower your utility bills, sign up for free trials without getting charged, get free raffle tickets, and a lot more.
If you want to avoid wasting your money, DoNotPay can cancel any subscription or membership in your stead and provide you with a virtual credit card that will prevent auto-renewal charges once your free trials expire!
Are you sick of waiting in lines? So are most of our app’s users! You can say no to endless lines at the DMV if you sign up for a DoNotPay account. Our app can also help you jump the phone queue when you need to get in touch with a customer service representative.
If any company refuses to cooperate with you, our app will prepare all of the necessary legal paperwork and help you sue it in small claims court. Need to have any of your documents notarized? No worries—DoNotPay will employ an online notary and help you schedule your appointment. You can also e-sign and send the document to anyone using our Online Fax product.