Everything You Wanted To Know About the Harbor Freight Return Policy
Receiving a faulty tool from Harbor Freight Tools or noticing that they sent you the wrong piece of hardware is a special kind of disappointment. Nobody has too much time for deciphering complicated return rules, especially in the middle of a super important DIY project or any similar task.
This is why we made the ultimate guide to the Harbor Freight return policy—to help you deal with the problem successfully and get what the retailer owes you in record time! Read all our tips and find out how using DoNotPay can help you file return requests with Harbor Freight and any other company in no time.
Harbor Freight products that didn’t meet your needs or expectations can be returned within 90 days from the purchase date:
- To the nearest retail location
- By mail
Here are the most important return rules you should be aware of:
- You need a valid proof of purchase regardless of the return method
- You can choose whether you want to receive a full refund or a replacement upon returning a faulty or incorrect item
- Some products, such as sprays, pumps, and other items containing oil or gas, have a modified return policy
- There are items for which you may need to pay a 20% re-stocking fee—the criteria depend on the issue you faced
- The company won’t refund shipping costs or any other handling charges
|Can You Return Items to Harbor Freight Via||Yes/No|
When it comes to returns, the first option is sending the goods you are unhappy with back to the retailer. To be able to do it, you must obtain special authorization from the company. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Call Harbor Freight customer support at (800) 444-3353
- Provide the agent with your order number and tell them the reason for returning the product(s)
- Pack the goods according to the agent’s instructions and ship them to the merchant
You can get in touch with the company’s customer service Monday through Sunday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you have a Harbor Freight store in your neighborhood, you may find returning the items there more convenient than shipping them at your cost. The best way to find a nearby retail location is to input your ZIP code in the online store locator on the company’s website. Make sure to bring the order packing slip with you to help the shop assistant locate your purchase in the database.
No proof of purchase for the order you want to return? In such cases, it’s necessary to obtain the same type of phone authorization you need for mail-in returns. Once the customer care reps manage to find your purchase in their system, you will be able to proceed with your return.
Due to safety concerns, you may not be allowed to take some types of pumps and sprayers back. To check whether the items you purchased are eligible for a return, do the following:
- Download and print out the Pumps and Sprayers Warranty Returns Submission Form
- Check page two to see if you can return the particular products by verifying their SKU
If your items are on the list, fill out all the required fields and email the completed and scanned form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If standard return processes proposed by Harbor Freight are giving you a tough time, we have a solution!
You don’t have to wait in long shop queues to take back the goods you are dissatisfied with. DoNotPay will help you start your return from home by creating and sending a return request letter on your behalf. Besides informing the merchant about the problem you are facing, the request we generate will also require the company to process your return in a specified amount of time!
What you need to do is:
- Access your DoNotPay account from any web browser
- Select Item Return Request
- Tell us about the faulty/incorrect items by answering some questions from our chatbot
- Attach some photos if applicable or necessary
We will make sure the retailer receives your request as soon as possible!
Have you had similar issues with other merchants? Check out our learning center for more handy guides to initiating returns with:
Is whatever company you’re dealing with not being a good sport? Don’t worry—the world’s first robot lawyer is here to help. Our app can prepare all the necessary paperwork and provide guidance if you want to sue the company in small claims court.
Our AI-powered app is versatile—you can complete many tiresome, daunting tasks that you wouldn’t want to tackle by yourself. You can use DoNotPay to:
- Learn how to reduce your property taxes
- Apply for crime victims compensation
- Figure out how to reduce your bills
- Prepare for any government test
- Find clinical trials in your area
- Get access to public records
- Connect with an inmate
- Get free raffle tickets
If you want to get access to all of our nifty products, sign up now!