Understanding the Sephora Return Policy From A to Z
What’s the catch with the Sephora return policy? Can you return or exchange the products if you lose the original receipt? Are there any non-returnable items? Find the answer to all these questions in our guide!
The first detail that makes Sephora’s return policy quite complicated is the return window. Typically, you can return the items that didn’t meet your needs within 60 days from the purchase date.
If you are quick enough and send or take the goods back within the first 30 days from purchase, you will receive a refund to the original payment method. Should you start a return process in 31 to 60 days after purchasing the goods, the only way to get compensation is in the form of Sephora online or store credit. Sephora won’t process any returns started after the expiration of the 60-day deadline.
The company may also refuse to accept your return if it includes:
- Almost empty products
- Items not purchased directly from Sephora
- Products without the Sephora original package slip
- Goods that got damaged after you received them
Sephora can also set some restrictions if it believes you are misusing the return option in any way. The company has a special program tracking all return procedures and can easily notice if you take products back frequently.
The answer is—it depends on the level of use. The company usually accepts returns including slightly used products, but it will probably reject half-used items.
Like most companies, Sephora offers two return methods:
- Bringing the items to a Sephora store
- Shipping the items back to Sephora
Taking products back to the nearest Sephora guarantees a fast-processing refund or replacement. Here’s how you can do it:
- Search for a Sephora in your vicinity
- Visit the shop and bring the items you want to return along with the original packing slip and the credit card you used
An employee should locate your purchase in the company database and process a refund.
The products purchased in store can’t be returned via mail. You can only return the goods bought online this way. There is some good news, though—all mail returns are free.
To start a mail-in return process, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Returns page
- Enter your order number and ZIP code
- Click on Next
- Print out the prepaid return label Sephora will send you and stick it to the package in which you placed the goods
- Mail the parcel via USPS
Sephora will send you an email confirmation once it processes your return. In most cases, it needs up to 30 days for this.
|Can You Return a Sephora Item Via||Yes/No|
Yes, you can, as the company has other ways to confirm your purchase and find you in its database, such as:
- Checking your credit card transactions or another payment method you used
- Tracking your order via your Sephora Beauty Insider account (if you purchased online)
Note that if you don’t have a receipt, you can’t get a refund in cash or to the original payment method. The only way Sephora can reimburse you is to offer you store credit in the paid amount.
You don’t need to give up on returning defective items to Sephora just because its return policy is difficult to understand. It’s enough to provide the basic purchase information to DoNotPay, and we will create a proper return request on your behalf in less than five minutes!
Wondering how? and check out the steps below:
- Choose Item Return Request
- Tell us a little bit more about your purchase and state the return reason
- Attach some pictures if there are visible defects on the product
- Add an electronic signature on your claim and submit it
Not only do we generate a return request letter, but we also include a special demand that requires Sephora to solve the issue within a limited period. This will help you avoid going back and forth with the company and prevent it from prolonging the return procedure.
The table below shows other companies we can request returns from in your stead:
|Costco||American Eagle||T.J.Maxx||Victoria’s Secret||Overstock|
|Adidas||Office Depot||Barnes & Noble||Staples||Samsung|
If you visit our learning center, you can also:
- Learn everything about Sephora’s customer service
- Find out where to get a Sephora gift card and check the balance on it
Aside from helping you send a return request to any company, DoNotPay can also assist you in getting a refund in a flash! We can also help you request a refund for any late, missing, or damaged delivery.
If you want to discover some forgotten assets you may have, we can help you find them in just a couple of minutes. With DoNotPay, you can both save money and earn it!
Once you sign up, you can report text and email spammers, annoying robocalls, and real-life stalkers and harassers and earn off them. We can also help you sue any company or individual in small claims court if you feel like they did you dirty.
The process of composing a return request letter is tiring, which is why you should turn to DoNotPay for help. Our app will assist you if you want to avoid similar bureaucratic hassles, such as:
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Skipping the customer service phone queue
- Drafting legal documents
- Getting documents notarized
- Claiming extended warranties
- Filing DMCA takedown notices
Sign up for DoNotPay to utilize all of our nifty products!