A Thorough Explanation of the Petco Return Policy
Did you plan on treating your pet or getting another one at Petco? If you got faulty products or lost your new animal friend too soon, DoNotPay offers a complete guide to the Petco return policy so you can initiate a return request and get your money back!
To receive a full refund for your faulty item, return it to Petco within 60 days of purchase. The company will refund you to the payment method you used during the purchase except for checks, which the company will refund using cash or a corporate check.
Returns without a receipt or after the 60-day deadline are possible, but you can only receive in-store credit as a refund. The credit will equal the item’s lowest selling price.
Check out these exceptions to the Petco return policy:
- Prescription food
- Prescription medicine and pharmacy products
- Petco animals
- Cali Vinyl Pet-Friendly Flooring
You can’t return Petco prescription items in store—you must send them to the online distribution center instead:
257 Prospect Plains Road, Ste. B
Cranbury, NJ 08512
You will get a refund as soon as the company receives your shipment.
You can’t return prescription medicine in store or by mail.
Customer service will help you submit your return request—dial 1-877-738-6742, explain what’s wrong with the products, and provide the necessary information about your order.
Petco may issue refunds for damaged or incorrect prescriptions.
The company guarantees that your live fish and invertebrates will stay alive for at least 30 days from the day they arrive at your home.
You can return the freshwater fish you bought in store within 30 days of purchase with a receipt, and you will receive a full refund on the payment method you initially used.
You can’t return any live fish and invertebrates if there’s nothing wrong, but you don’t want them anymore.
The only way to initiate a return request is to call customer service at 1-877-738-6742 if you experience a loss of live fish or invertebrates you bought online. Customer service representatives will ask you for your order information and photographic evidence of your loss, which you should send via email.
To initiate a return request for Cali Vinyl Pet-Friendly Flooring, you must meet the following criteria:
- The packaging must be unopened and in resellable condition
- Returns must include a printed copy of Cali Bamboo’s Return Authorization form you received with your package
- The company requires you to package and palletize your return carefully for transit and provide photographic evidence of you doing so. You must send the photos before shipping your return
- Flooring returns require a minimum of five boxes bought, while transition returns require a minimum of five pieces bought
Petco won’t accept returns for sales that occurred more than 60 days ago, and you will suffer a 25% restocking charge.
You can contact Cali’s Petco support team at (888)788-2254 if you fulfill all the terms. They will give you further instructions, and Cali Vinyl will arrange your return shipments.
To return your Petco products, you can:
- Return your Petco products in store
- Ship your items back to Petco
- Initiate a return request with DoNotPay
You can initiate a return request in any of the 1,500 Petco locations. If you paid for your products using cash and the store doesn’t have enough money to refund you, you will receive a corporate check.
For Petco to process your return and issue a full refund, you need to prepare a valid government-issued ID and one of these two proofs of purchase:
- Store return receipt—Print it at home or show it on your phone using the Petco website or app. To find it on the website, locate the order you’re returning on the Order History page and click View Details. In the app, you can view the store return receipt under the My Orders section
- Purchase confirmation email—Print it out or show it on your phone
To return your item:
- Visit your nearest Petco store
- Find a staff member and tell them about your return
- Show them the receipt and your ID
You can return both in-store and online purchases to Petco by shipping them to the address on the packing slip or:
257 Prospect Plains Road, Ste. B
Cranbury, NJ 08512
DoNotPay offers a more speedy alternative to lengthy, tiresome return forms. Our Item Return Request product does the hard work for you and ensures you get the quickest response possible by imposing a deadline.
To return your items to Petco, follow these steps:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Open our Item Return Request product
- Answer all the questions regarding your purchase
The product will generate a letter based on your answers and mail it to Petco on your behalf.
If you’re dissatisfied with merchandise from other popular retailers, we can help. Check out the table below for detailed guides:
DoNotPay is known for being the champion of customer advocacy because we help our users claim what’s rightfully theirs, and we don’t tolerate big corporations taking people’s hard-earned money.
If you feel like you’re overpaying certain subscription services, we can help you cancel them. Also, if you want to test a subscription before you start paying money for it, don’t connect your credit card to the free trial page! You can sign up for free trials using our virtual credit card. That way, companies won’t be able to charge you auto-renewal fees because the card has no funds.
DoNotPay has many different areas of expertise—helping you return your faulty items is only one of them.
Check out how our app can assist you in:
- Getting compensation for victims of crime
- Protecting your work from copycats
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Getting access to public records
- Getting free raffle tickets
- Fighting noisy neighbors