All You Need To Know About DSW’s Return Policy
Did you get your dream pair of shoes from DSW, but they’re the wrong size or—even worse—damaged? DoNotPay offers a complete guide on how the DSW return policy works, how to submit a return request, and how to get your money back!
The DSW return policy has the following terms:
- Returns and exchanges that breach the deadline will only be eligible for merchandise credit as a form of refund
- DSW requires you to present a government-issued ID for all returns
- Specialty products, such as dry shampoo and nail polish, can only be returned in DSW stores with intact packaging and seal
- You can return items you bought with DSW rewards or special offers for a refund that equals the item’s final price
- You must submit a return within 90 days (or 365 if you’re a DSW VIP elite member) of purchase
- DSW based its exchange process on refunding you for the product you’re returning and charging you for the product you’re receiving. Items you pay using PayPal should be exchanged in store because customer representatives aren’t authorized to log in to your PayPal account to make a new purchase
- The company takes about seven to ten business days to process your return or exchange request and issue a refund
You will receive a full refund on your original payment method if your return fulfills the following criteria:
- Merchandise mustn’t be used or worn
- You must return the merchandise in the original packaging
- The return must include proof of purchase, whether it’s a receipt or a shipping invoice
DSW in-store returns and exchanges are always free, while online return fees depend on your DSW membership tier.
Here’s a brief summary of the return policy terms, depending on the membership tier:
|DSW VIP Membership Tier||In-Store Returns||Online Returns||Return Deadline||Exchanges|
|Non-members||Free||$8.50 shipping fee||90 days||Free|
|DSW VIP club||Free||$8.50 shipping fee||90 days||Free|
|DSW VIP gold||Free||Free||90 days||Free|
|DSW VIP elite||Free||Free||365 days||Free|
You can, but the only refund you can receive is in the form of merchandise credit. DSW won’t include any rewards or special offers in the refund.
You can submit a return request in three ways:
- In store
To return your products in a DSW store, do the following:
- Visit your nearest DSW store
- Go to the checkout counter and ask a staff member to initiate your return request
- Present the product you’re returning, your ID, and proof of purchase to the staff member
To return your DSW items online, follow these steps:
- Open the Returns page on the DSW website
- Enter your order number and email address
- Click on the items you wish to return
- Select the reason for your return
- Use a prepaid shipping label and bring your package to the nearest FedEx
- Check your email for shipment tracking information
Depending on your DSW VIP membership tier, the company may deduct $8.50 from your refund to cover the shipping costs.
Note that you can return online DSW purchases in store, but you can’t initiate a return request for in-store purchases online.
You don’t need to have a high-tier DSW membership to ship your items back to the company for free! After sending your return request to DSW, we will give you a free shipping label so you don’t have to break the bank to return your products! Subscribe to DoNotPay and follow these steps to initiate a return to DSW:
- Open DoNotPay in any web browser
- Select the Item Return Request feature
- Provide essential information about your purchase
- Attach photographic evidence of product and shipment faults, if necessary
We will mail a custom letter including all your purchase information to DSW. The letter will include a date by which you demand the company to finalize the return process, so it will be quick and easy!
Do you need more assistance with returns? Rely on our knowledge base for expert guidance on returning products to the following companies:
|Abercrombie & Fitch||eBay||T.J. Maxx||Macy’s|
When DSW approves your return request, our Chargeback Instantly feature can help you get a refund in the blink of an eye. Submit a refund request and save time you’d otherwise have to spend going to a DSW store by following these steps:
- Open DoNotPay
- Select the Chargeback Instantly product
- Click on Get Protected
- Provide all the information regarding your request to our chatbot and sign your request electronically
Is whatever company you’re dealing with not being a good sport? Don’t worry—the world’s first robot lawyer is here to help. Our app can prepare all the necessary paperwork and provide guidance if you want to sue the company in small claims court.
Our AI-powered app is versatile—you can complete many tiresome, daunting tasks that you wouldn’t want to tackle by yourself. You can use DoNotPay to:
- Learn how to reduce your property taxes
- Apply for crime victims compensation
- Figure out how to reduce your bills
- Prepare for any government test
- Find clinical trials in your area
- Get access to public records
- Connect with an inmate
- Get free raffle tickets
If you want to get access to all of our nifty products, sign up now!