Get Inspired at the North Carolina Homeschool Convention!
Homeschooling your child can become a treadmill of the same routine, activities, and lesson ideas.
Whether you are a newbie homeschooler or a teacher with years of experience, you may find yourself needing ideas or inspiration to give your child an education that is significantly better than traditional schooling.
Conventions are an opportunity to meet like-minded people, get new input, and check out innovations in the homeschooling world, and Thrive! North Carolinians for Home Education (NCHE) conference ranks among the best.
DoNotPay takes you through the benefits you can get from the North Carolina homeschool convention!
- Dissatisfaction with their local school district
- Religious convictions
- The cost of homeschooling versus public or private education
- A child’s special needs
The barriers to entry can be tough, though.
Where better to find out how to get started in homeschooling than at a convention?
Thrive! The NCHE homeschool conference takes place every year in May in a convenient location in North Carolina.
The conference is designed to be a one-stop shop for all your homeschooling needs and aims to “Equip, Encourage, and Connect” anybody involved in homeschooling.
The event offers:
- Trade fair
- Events for children
- College fair
- Workshops and breakout sessions
The speakers at each annual conference are recognized experts in their field, and they include:
- Education experts
- Experienced homeschoolers
- Faith-based experts
There is also ample opportunity to engage with the speakers on more informal terms.
The trade fair features vendors and providers from across the range of homeschooling, such as:
- Curriculum vendors and developers
- Faith-based organizations
- Activity and event organizers
- Homeschool co-ops and associations
- Specialist providers for each homeschooling subject
- Legal advisors specialized in homeschooling
The conference organizes fun activities for kids that allow you to get the most out of the program without having to worry about your children.
Over 25 colleges and tertiary education institutions are represented at the college fair, meaning that you—and older students—can check out further education opportunities after graduation.
The conference program includes a raft of smaller workshops dealing with all aspects of homeschooling.
Workshop topics include sessions for:
- Parents of preschoolers
- Parents of gifted children
- Homeschooling with a chronic illness
- Multicultural homeschoolers
- Homeschooling with a home business
- Adoptive parents
- New homeschoolers
- Homeschooling special needs children
- Military families
- Homeschooling as a single parent
There are usually also opportunities to learn about various curriculums, such as:
Breakout sessions also allow interaction on hot topics for homeschooling parents, including:
One of the most challenging areas of your homeschooling journey is how to deal with your school district to make sure you’re legally compliant.
Homeschool legal experts are always on hand at conventions, but signaling your intent to homeschool your child is a fairly straightforward procedure in most states.
In NC, you have to send a letter of intent to homeschool in advance of taking your child out of school.
The good news is that DoNotPay can help you with the most important part of ensuring your legal compliance—we can generate the letter of intent to cover your state’s requirements and even send it automatically if you choose!
If you are starting out in homeschooling, our app can get you over the first hurdle!
We can create the letter you need to make sure your school district knows of your plans—leaving you to concentrate on the challenges of teaching and nurturing your child.
Here’s what you need to do to get your letter of intent to homeschool:
- Sign up with DoNotPay in your web browser
- Click on the Notice of Intent to Homeschool feature
- Answer a few questions about your child and homeschool
That’s it—your letter will be ready in no time. You can print it out or let us deliver it automatically.
Do you believe you may have some missing assets? Use DoNotPay’s nifty product before the government claims them! Have you ever wanted to enter sweepstakes without purchasing anything? Our app will sign you up for them instantly! Trying to figure out how to reduce your property taxes or utility bills? DoNotPay can show you the way. Want to avoid getting charged for free trials that never fail to auto-renew into paid subscriptions? We’ll help you cancel them before they expire.
Anything else you may need? Check out how our app can:
- Create legal documents, including marital settlement agreements and powers of attorney
- Jump the phone queue when reaching out to customer service
- Discover and apply you for no-essay scholarships
- Help you apply for any clinical trial hassle-free
- Help you contact government representatives
- File an item return request in your stead
- Draft a notice of intent to homeschool
- Get you a chargeback or refund
- Appeal any banned account
It doesn’t stop there—DoNotPay can help you send a defamation demand letter, create passport photos, get gift card cash back, get any document notarized, request access to public records, claim insurance and warranty, request a college application fee waiver, appeal parking tickets, and much more.
Sign up now to get access to any of our products for one low monthly fee!