What Is a Secular Homeschool Curriculum, and Where Can You Get One?
If you’re looking for a secular homeschool curriculum, you’ve come to the right place! We’ll dissect this type of curriculum and help you find one in no time!
DoNotPay can also give you answers to popular homeschool-related questions you may have, such as:
- How much does homeschooling cost?
- What are the easiest states to homeschool in?
- How do I withdraw my child from school?
A secular homeschooling curriculum is not written from a religious worldview and it:
- Only contains religious discussions from an anthropological perspective
- Isn’t faith neutral in subjects such as science and history
- Doesn’t present religious and biblical beliefs as historical fact
Non-religious homeschool curriculums are for parents (religious or not) whose beliefs don’t fit a specific doctrine or they:
- Believe most religious curriculums are biased and make the teaching about other cultures or beliefs difficult
- Want a secular curriculum because they want to teach religion as a separate subject from academics
- Want to use a free homeschool curriculum provided by publicly funded charter schools, and these curriculums don’t have religious materials
To help you pick a secular homeschool curriculum, we’ve taken some of the most popular curriculums and reviewed them by category. Check out the list below:
- Complete secular homeschool curriculum
- Secular science homeschool curriculum
- Secular high school homeschool curriculum
- Secular language arts homeschool curriculum
- Secular math homeschool curriculum
- Secular arts homeschool curriculum
The most commonly used complete secular homeschool curriculums are:
- Blossom & Root—This is an all-in-one curriculum that has materials up to third grade
- Deep Thought: A Secular High School Curriculum—Deep Thought is made with the idea that students need to learn how to write, read, and think critically
- Oak Meadow—This curriculum is based on rigorous academic standards and is led by teachers who provide one-on-one support
- Wildwood—A Charlotte Mason based comprehensive curriculum suitable for ages six to 14
If you’re looking for a reliable secular science homeschool curriculum, check out the following ones:
- Scientific Connections Through Inquiry (SCI)—SCI is an interactive science curriculum that makes it easy for students to learn by providing pictures, activities, book lists, and more
- Real Science Odyssey—This is a perfect science curriculum if you don’t have any certifications or a science background
- Mr. Q Science—Mr. Q is your go-to curriculum if you want materials that are easy to explain and have loads of experiments and science-related notes
Need a secular high school-level homeschool curriculum? Here are some that you might find useful:
- Bozeman Science—This curriculum was created by Paul Anderson, an educational consultant who’s been teaching science for 20 years. He provided hundreds of science resources for high schoolers on various topics such as biology, physics, earth science, and more
- CK12—CK12 is a foundation that provides a vast library of online textbooks, videos, flashcards, and more for high school homeschoolers
Check out the following curriculums if you want to teach your child language arts:
- Literary adventures for kids—This curriculum is for you if you want to provide your child with countless easy-to-follow online literary lessons
- All about reading—This is a program that covers phonics, vocabulary, and comprehension through 20-minute lessons over the required span of homeschool hours
- Brave writer—Brave writer offers user-friendly materials and online classes to help you turn your child into an expert writer
Once you decide to homeschool your kid and find the best curriculum, you will also need to obtain a letter of intent to homeschool. Filing this document to the superintendent of your school district will notify them of your wish to homeschool your child. You have several methods of getting one, including:
|Hire a lawyer||If you want to hire a professional to draw up the letter for you, be prepared to spend a lot of money on their expensive fees|
|Write one yourself||Writing one yourself is a viable option, but it’s incredibly time-consuming, especially if you haven’t written a similar document before|
|Our AI-powered app can create this crucial document for you in a snap, and we can even send it in your stead|
Obtaining the letter of intent to homeschool is a piece of cake with DoNotPay! Whether you’ll homeschool your child or hire someone else, you can count on our help.
You won’t have to waste your time and money. Instead, you can get this document in only a few clicks. Here’s the drill:
- Locate our Letter of Intent to Homeschool product
- Answer our chatbot’s questions about:
- Your child
- The homeschooling plan you intend to use
We will generate the letter for you in a snap, and you can choose whether we forward it or send it to you via email in PDF form. DoNotPay can also connect you with an online notary so that you can get your letter notarized with ease.
Our product range doesn’t end there—we can also help you sue anyone in small claims court, cancel any subscription, start a free trial risk-free with our virtual credit card, get refunds and chargebacks, send anything through online fax, pay your utility bills, demand airline compensation, and deal with your annoying neighbors.
As soon as you sign up, we can also put an end to robocalls, copyright infringement, email and text spam, and stalkers and harassers. Our app’s abilities don’t stop there either—get perfect passport photos, free raffle tickets, compensation for victims of crime, or insurance or warranty quickly!
Check out how else we can help—DoNotPay can:
- Help you jump the phone queue when contacting reps
- Keep you up to date with sex offenders in your area
- Check any gift card balance and turn it into cash
- Find any unclaimed assets you may have
- Book a DMV appointment in your stead
- Get any document notarized remotely
- Draw up a financial aid appeal letter
- Get rid of stalkers and harassers
- Stop email and text spam
Sign up now to take advantage of our nifty products!