Everything You Should Know Before Choosing the Montessori Homeschool Curriculum
Once you decide to take your child out of school to homeschool them, you need to research the available options for home-based education thoroughly. It is important to explore various learning methods and curriculums you can use. The choice you make should match your child’s learning needs and your schedule and teaching style.
If you decide to use the Montessori homeschool curriculum, you can consult for the essential info about this program. We can also help you create a notice of intent to homeschool and take some of the extensive paperwork related to homeschooling off your back!
The Montessori learning approach was created by an Italian doctor Maria Montessori with a focus on early childhood education. This method is child-centered and highlights the uniqueness of each student. The Montessori approach also values curiosity and creativity, prompting children to appreciate and seek knowledge independently.
The distinctive characteristics of this practice are:
- Active learning methods
- Mixed-age classrooms
- Options for students to choose learning activities
- Teachers who demonstrate the behaviors and values that they want children to adopt and mimic
- Cooperation and collaboration among students
- Understanding and making connections between traditional subjects
- Respect for every student’s unique learning style
- Guidance on positive behavior and conflict resolution
Even though the Montessori method was initially created to be used in classrooms, parents have soon realized how beneficial it would be to incorporate it in homeschooling because it allows designing a customized education plan for their children.
As long as you facilitate an inviting learning environment, Montessori will work regardless of the physical surroundings. To achieve this, you must get the essential Montessori homeschool materials, such as:
- Craft supplies
- Athletic equipment
- Imaginative playwear
- Building tools
Most Montessori curriculums are recommendations rather than strict programs because the learning method in question is more of an educational philosophy than a defined program. As a homeschool teacher, you can create a personalized curriculum aligning with the essential Montessori postulates.
This program is mostly used for:
- Montessori preschool homeschool curriculum
- Montessori homeschool curriculum for kindergarten
Numerous families mix and match the sources and materials to offer their children the best learning experience. You can figure out what works for your child by trying out various options.
If you can’t decide whether the Montessori method is the right option for you, check out the table below for a list of benefits and downsides:
|Montessori Pros||Montessori Cons|
Before you decide what curriculum to use or subjects to cover, it is important to notify the authorities of your decision to start teaching at home and meet other state-specific requirements related to home-based education. It usually entails drafting and sending a letter of intent to homeschool to the superintendent of your school district.
Some homeschool-friendly states don’t impose this requirement, but most homeschooling laws mandate it. The good news is that you don’t have to write the notice yourself—DoNotPay can help every step of the way!
Writing a notice of intent yourself is a dull and time-consuming task, so don’t hesitate to ask DoNotPay for help! We will include all the relevant information and deliver a top-notch legal document. All you have to do is:
- Choose our Notice of Intent to Homeschool product
- Answer a few questions about your school district
- Enter some info about yourself and your child
DoNotPay can also help you get your letter of intent notarized using the same tool. We can mail the document on your behalf, or you can download the file and send it yourself.
DoNotPay is your source of reliable homeschool information. Get straight answers to the following questions in our helpful guides:
- Should you homeschool your child?
- Can you start teaching at home in the middle of the year?
- Do homeschooling parents get financial assistance?
- What are the reasons for homeschooling your child?
- How can you make sure that your homeschooled child is socialized?
- Can working parents homeschool?
- Can homeschooled children play sports?
Our app is adept at solving numerous issues and completing various tasks in your stead.
Through the same app, you’ll be able to skip many bureaucratic hurdles. Here are more tasks DoNotPay can help you with:
- Requesting a refund for:
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Claiming your insurance or warranty
- Drawing up legal documents, such as:
If your friend or family member is in jail, we can help you locate them and send and receive letters with ease. Do you need to send other letters but hate going to the post office? You can use our Mailing Service product and save time.