Follow Our Step-by-Step Guide To Sell or Trade a Macy’s Gift Card for Cash
Gift cards are great presents because they leave options open for the recipient, but what if you don’t like the retailer whose gift card you received? What happens if you’ve used up most of your Macy’s gift card balance and don’t want to or can’t buy anything else with it? Whether you have a new or used card, you’ll want to know how to trade your Macy’s gift card for cash.
DoNotPay is here to tell you how to exchange gift cards with zero effort and help you get your money back instantly.
Macy’s offers two types of gift cards:
- Physical gift cards
- Electronic gift cards
These cards don’t expire. You can redeem them in Macy’s stores and online.
Check out the table below for instructions on using Macy’s gift cards:
|Online Purchases||In-Store Purchases|
If you no longer have use for your Macy’s gift card, the next logical step is to check if you can return it for money. Officially, Macy’s doesn’t exchange gift cards for cash.
If you want to get cash for your Macy’s gift card, you can consider some of the following options:
- Finding a gift card exchange kiosk—Look for a kiosk that will accept new or used gift cards in exchange for cash in a mall or a grocery store in your area
- Selling the gift card—Find a website for selling and buying gift cards and sell your card there. Note that these websites:
- Are usually unreliable
- Can potentially be scams
- Don’t pay a full gift card value but only around 80–90%
- Trading your gift card for a card from another merchant—Visit online platforms or stores dedicated to trading gift cards. While you won’t get any cash, you might find another gift card you could use. Check if your local Target or Walmart offers the service of gift card exchange and trade your Macy’s gift card for a Target or a Walmart one
Most companies make it abundantly clear that they won’t reimburse gift cards for cash. While Macy’s might claim that they don’t provide gift card cash backs, there is a way you can get your money back.
By law, companies in Puerto Rico and 11 U.S. states are obligated to have a gift card cash back policy that forces them to give cash back to customers. If you have a remaining balance on a used gift card, you can get anywhere between $1 and $10 back, depending on the state you live in.
Check out the following list to see how much money you can get for your half-used gift cards:
- Rhode Island—$1
- Puerto Rico, Colorado, Maine, Montana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington—$5
The process of filing cash back requests is different with each vendor, which can be challenging. If you’re not sure how to request cash back from Macy’s, you can subscribe to DoNotPay and get your money back the easy way.
DoNotPay is an easy-to-use platform that can help you get your money back in a few clicks. If you want to avoid the complicated process of filing a cash back request by yourself, sign up for DoNotPay and take care of everything in under five minutes!
Follow the steps below to file the request:
- Type in Gift Card Cash Back into our search field to find the product
- Enter all the information regarding your request—your gift card number, remaining balance, and similar
- Click on Sign and Submit
Once you complete all the steps, DoNotPay will check your state’s laws to see if you have the right to request cash back. Don’t worry if your state doesn’t have a cash back policy because we will locate a Macy’s office in one of the states that do and file your request with them.
You should receive cash or a check within 14 business days.
Apart from helping you get your money back, DoNotPay has a learning center that you might find useful. With our platform, you’ll learn how to:
- Get free gift cards
- Check balance on your gift cards and request reimbursement from many different companies, including:
Have you ever had to deal with complaints about lost, late, or damaged parcels? Is reaching customer service over the phone always a pain? Don’t you wish there was an easier way to request refunds and chargebacks for bad purchases?
Shopping can easily turn into a nightmare, but DoNotPay will take away some of that stress. We can help you with all of these issues and more!
If you need to file warranty claims for any kind of product, our AI bots will make the process painless. Those who like to try out new services will fall in love with our virtual credit cards and foolproof methods of signing up for free trials without risking charges.
There are already so many ways you can use DoNotPay to improve your daily life, but we keep developing more and more features that will make our subscribers even happier.
On our platform, you can find useful resources to:
- Lower your property taxes
- Get compensation for victims of crime
- Create legal documents without paying lawyers
- Prepare for various government tests
- Submit a FOIA request
- Protect your creative work
- Fight workplace discrimination