Check Your Target Gift Card Balance and Get Cash Back in No Time!
Did you receive a Target gift card without the disclosed value, or did you use the card and would like to know how much money you have left? Whichever the case may be, you’re probably wondering how you can check your Target gift card balance effortlessly. DoNotPay is here to help you out!
In our guide, you’ll find out:
- What the easiest way to check the balance on your Target gift card is
- How to redeem the remaining balance on your used gift card
You can check the balance on your Target gift card in two ways—online and over the phone.
To check a Target gift card balance online, follow these steps:
- Visit the Gift Card Balance page on the Target website
- Type in the 15-digit gift card number in the first field (you can find this number under the barcode on the card)
- Enter the access number in the second field
- Hit the Check Balance button
If you choose to perform a Target gift card balance check over the phone, do the following:
- Dial 1-800-544-2943
- Press 1
- Follow further instructions
If, after purchasing your desired items, you still have a few dollars on your Target gift card, you shouldn’t throw the card away. You can use the remaining amount to buy something affordable, such as a cup of coffee at Target Café.
Another solution is to combine the gift card in question with:
- The remaining balance on your other Target gift cards—You can use up to ten gift cards per purchase. The good news is that, by law, gift cards cannot expire for at least five years from the date of sale. This means that you can save your old gift cards and use them all together to buy something
- Your credit card—Target will use the funds on your gift cards first, and then it will charge your credit card
The third option is to exchange the remaining Target gift card balance for cash.
Target has a different cashback policy depending on whether a gift card was purchased before or after October 1, 2020. Check out the following table to see if you can get gift card cash back:
|Cards Purchased on and After October 1, 2020||Cards Purchased Before October 1, 2020|
|Target doesn’t allow you to exchange gift cards for cash unless required by law||Target doesn’t offer cash back for eGiftCards and Mobile GiftCards unless required by law.
You can get your money back for unused physical Target GiftCards if you return them at a store and provide a receipt
In some states—including Oregon and California—retailers are required by law to reimburse clients for gift cards that are under a specific balance. In most states with cashback policies, the limit is $5. This might seem like a small amount, but if you have multiple half-used Target gift cards, the total sum could be far from modest.
Filing a cashback request can be a lengthy and complicated process. Instead of having to go to your local Target and waste time waiting in long lines, you should rely on DoNotPay. We will help you establish whether your state has a cashback policy and get your Target gift card money in under five minutes.
To redeem your remaining Target gift card balance in cash, follow these steps:
- Access your DoNotPay account
- Open our Gift Card Cash Back product
- Answer our questions
We will send your cashback request to Target right away.
Do you live in a state without a cashback policy? You don’t need to despair, as DoNotPay can help you get your money back hassle-free in that case too! We will search for a Target store in a state with a cashback policy and send your request there.
Target isn’t the only retailer DoNotPay can help you with. You can use our app to get your money back from other companies, such as:
Other than helping you get your money back with zero effort, DoNotPay can also provide valuable info regarding gift cards. Subscribe to DoNotPay to find out the answers to various gift-card-related questions, such as:
- How can you get an eBay gift card refund?
- Can you exchange your gift card for cash online?
- What is the fastest way to get a free gift card?
- Is it possible to get a Vanilla gift card refund?
- Where can you sell gift cards for cash instantly?
- Where can you get Amazon gift cards?
Dealing with everyday issues can become overwhelming, especially if they include bureaucracy. DoNotPay can help you handle numerous problems in a few minutes. With us, you can schedule your DMV appointments, get documents notarized remotely, and create various legal documents—including child travel consent statements and demand letters for neighbor complaints—in a snap.
Do you need help paying your bills, disputing parking tickets, or getting cash back for your gift cards? Once you register for DoNotPay, you’ll be able to manage all of these and many more issues in no time.
Besides helping you handle tedious administrative hurdles, DoNotPay can do much more for you! You can use DoNotPay to:
- Deal with stalking and harassment and protect your privacy
- Prepare for and ace your government tests
- Get a college application fee waiver and save some money
- Fight workspace discrimination
- Send a FOIA request and get access to public records
With us, you can send online faxes or mail letters from the comfort of your home. Do you have friends or family members who are serving time? We can help you connect with inmates in a flash by enabling you to locate them and send them letters.