Get Walmart Gift Cards Cash Back With a Few Clicks
Walmart doesn’t offer the option to return the gift card for money or get the leftover balance in cash. Luckily, there are other ways to get the gift card cash reimbursement.
In this article, DoNotPay will break down the best ways to get Walmart gift cards cash back!
Walmart gift cards can be eCards or traditional plastic cards.
Standard plastic cards can be loaded with a minimum of $10 and have to be activated for any amount higher than $250. eCards can be loaded with any amount from $5 to $200 and come with instructions and a PIN code sent by email. You can check the balance on your gift card in any Walmart store or on the company’s website by providing your gift card number and a PIN code.
Walmart also offers specialty gift cards that you can use for retail, travel, restaurants, movie theaters, and more.
If you don’t want that Walmart gift card somebody gave you as a gift, you can try the following:
- Selling the gift card online—Many websites can help you sell your unused gift cards. Bear in mind that the process is far from simple since you will have to:
- Find a reliable website
- Be willing to lower the price significantly
- Have patience since the procedure may take some time
- Buying items for your friends and family—Many of your loved ones may need items from Walmart. You can make the purchases with your gift card and then ask for reimbursements in cash
- Selling the gift card to someone close—If one of your friends or relatives needs a Walmart gift card, you can sell it to them. You will almost certainly get a much better deal from them than a stranger
If you are not dead-set on selling the card but also not keen on letting it go to waste, you should consider:
- Exchanging the Walmart’s for another company’s gift card—You may be able to trade your gift card for the one you will actually use. Make sure to perform a thorough research of the websites that offer these exchanges
- Giving the card to someone who will use it—Including the card into someone’s birthday present or giving it for no particular reason is much better than letting it sit unused
People who have small amounts left on their gift cards tend to let the money go unused. Even if a couple of dollars you have left are not enough to make a purchase, that doesn’t mean you should give them away to the retailer.
Some states require companies to reimburse the customers for the remaining balance if it’s not higher than $5 or even $10, like in California. That means that Walmart will have to provide the leftover money in cash if the law says so.
However lawful your request may be, it is highly unlikely the employees at Walmart are familiar with it. Instead of researching state laws and fighting the battle with Walmart employees alone, you can use DoNotPay to do all the legwork for you!
Your used Walmart gift cards might still have some life left in them! DoNotPay will help you get the remaining gift card money back in a few clicks. All you have to do is:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Pick our Gift Card Cash Back tool
- Provide our chatbot with crucial details, such as:
- Company’s name
- Remaining amount on your card
- State where you bought the gift card
Once you complete the steps, we will check if your state has the gift card cash back policy. If it does, we will send them your request.
If you don’t live in one of the states where gift card cash reimbursement is a legal requirement, our app will:
- Find out if the company has offices in one of the states with a gift card cash back policy
- Send the request to one of those offices directly
You can expect to get the cash or check via mail in 14 business days tops!
Check out the table below to discover what other gift cards we can help you with:
DoNotPay is a multifunctional app that can solve numerous everyday challenges swiftly.
We have created many useful products to help our users take care of their issues through the same app. With us, you can:
- Request a refund for:
- A faulty or returned item
- Delayed or canceled flight
- Late delivery
- File a claim with the small claims court or your insurance and warranty providers
- Write any legal documents—including child travel consent statements—without wasting money on a lawyer
Sending letters to inmates can be difficult since you have to follow certain rules to a T to avoid having your letter rejected. The situation is even more complicated if you don’t know where your incarcerated loved one serves time. DoNotPay’s app can help you locate prisoners and correspond with them without worrying whether you’re breaking any rules.
Do you want to send a letter, but you don’t feel like heading over to a post office? By using our mailing service, you can mail as many letters as you want from the comfort of your home. With DoNotPay, you can also send online faxes in under five minutes!
Email and text spam is something that everyone experiences at least once in their lives. DoNotPay has a solution for that too. Access your DoNotPay account and count on us to help you block spam and get compensation by reporting pesky robocalls.