Redeeming Gift Cards—The Ultimate Guide
Gift cards are an awesome way to surprise anyone who loves shopping for free. Depending on the company that issued the card, you can redeem them for all sorts of goodies—from movie tickets to groceries and luxury clothing.
The tricky part is that even the most popular companies have complicated methods for redeeming their gift cards. That’s why DoNotPay is here to make things easy! Our article will tell you how to check your remaining gift card balance in a snap and then spend it hassle-free.
Gift card technicalities vary from company to company, but most gift cards:
- Come in physical and electronic form
- Can have any amount between $5 and $2,000 loaded on them, depending on the company
- May be redeemed online and in stores at the cash register
- Can be loaded with more funds once the original amount is spent
- Can’t be returned if they are damaged
Every company has a different procedure for gift card redemption. That’s why we’ll show you how to redeem some of the most popular gift cards:
|Gift Card||How To Redeem It|
|Amazon gift card||Amazon gift cards add funds to your account, which are automatically applied to your next order. To the company’s gift cards:
You can also redeem your gift card on the checkout by entering the claim code in the Gift Cards & Promotional Codes
|Gyft gift card||If you purchased a digital Gyft card, you will receive a notification email. Open the link inside it, and your Gyft card will be automatically redeemed.
In case you have a physical Gyft card:
|Google Play gift card||Open the Google Play app and:
|Apple gift card||Open the App Store app and:
If you’re on Mac:
For Android devices:
You’ve used your gift card once or twice, and now you think you have some remaining funds on it? Use DoNotPay and find out how much money you have left on your used gift card. To see your remaining balance:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Select the Check Gift Card Balance feature
- Upload photos of your gift card from both sides
- Enter your email address
We’ll contact the company that issued your gift card and let you know how much balance you have remaining in no time. Some other popular companies that offer gift cards we can help you with include:
Although you can’t redeem your gift cards from most companies unless required by law, everything is possible with DoNotPay. Puerto Rico and 11 U.S. states have policies that allow gift card cash backs, and they are:
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
To claim your money if you’re in a cash back state, you’ll have to:
- Contact the customer support of the company which issued your gift card
- Explain the state laws to the customer service rep
Not located in any of these states? Don’t want to do any explaining? DoNotPay can help! We’ll reach the company in your stead and ask them to return your remaining balance.
Whether you have a gift card from eBay or Adidas, DoNotPay is able to help you redeem it for cash. All you have to do to claim your money is:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Select the Gift Card Cash Back product
- Enter the necessary gift card information, such as:
- Name of the company that issued the gift card
- Date you purchased your gift card
- How much remaining balance is on the card
And that’s it! You should have your money within two weeks. Need more help regarding gift cards? We can teach you all about exchanging gift cards, getting cash for gift cards or:
- Selling gift cards instantly near you
- Getting free gift cards
- Buying something with gift cards and returning it for cash
- Checking if a gift card has money
- Converting gift cards for cash
Tired of brainstorming the easiest way to deal with administrative issues? We know how you feel, and we’re here to take the burden off your back!
Once you subscribe to our app, you’ll be able to resolve an abundance of bureaucratic issues with ease.
Taking a valid passport photo, reporting workplace discrimination, reducing property taxes, preparing for a government test, applying for a college fee waiver, and appealing a parking ticket are some of the many tasks we assist you with.
Are you dissatisfied with a certain company and/or its products? You don’t have to stay quiet! Use DoNotPay to file your insurance, warranty, or missing/late parcel claim effortlessly! We’ll also show you how to request an item return in a few steps.