DoNotPay—The Best Passport Photo App You Will Ever Come Across!
Taking passport photos used to mean going to a studio to get your photo taken and waiting for hours to get them printed. Now you can easily do it online on your own!
DoNotPay is the passport photo app you need. Subscribe to our service and get your passport photo in the blink of an eye.
Taking a passport photo might seem easy, but it comes with a lot of requirements. If you don’t fulfill a single requirement, you risk getting your passport application rejected. Here is a list of government-ordained parameters that you need to keep in mind:
- Date of the photo—The photo should be taken within the last six months
- Paper quality—The photo needs to be printed on good quality matte or glossy paper and should not be greasy or smudged
- Measurements—The size of the photo should be 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 cm)
- Pixels and resolution—The photo should have high resolution, between 600 x 600 and 1200 x 1200 pixels
- Background—The background should be white
- Filters and digital enhancers—You cannot use filters or digital enhancers on your picture. In case you are not satisfied with the picture, you need to retake it
- Selfies—You can’t take a selfie. If you are unable to take the photo yourself, ask someone else to take it for you
Here are some additional requirements that you need to pay attention to when taking your passport photo:
|Pose||You need to be sitting up straight, facing the camera directly, with your face and ears visible|
|Expression||Your facial expression should be neutral, but you can still show a natural smile. Try not to look sullen or grim in your picture|
|Clothes||You can wear everything from business attire to everyday clothes. There are some restrictions on clothing, though. You shouldn’t wear:
|Accessories||The following accessories are strictly forbidden:
To take a good passport photo at home using your phone, here is a step-by-step guide that you can follow:
- Ensure that you’re wearing the proper passport photo attire and remove any unnecessary accessories
- Choose a white wall or door as your background
- Set up proper lighting and ensure that there are no shadows or uneven lighting—avoid using flash on your phone
- Set up your phone on a tripod—if you don’t know how to take the picture yourself, ask a friend or family member to take your photo
- Take multiple photos and choose the one that fulfills all the requirements
Once you’ve selected the photo, transfer it to your computer, and edit it according to the requested parameters.
Although it goes without saying, you need a phone with a good camera. Whether you own an iPhone or an Android, your phone camera needs to have the following features:
- The ability to take high-resolution photos—ten to twelve megapixels will be more than enough
- Good zoom
- Decent sensor size
Even though taking your passport photo at home might seem unprofessional, it has its advantages, as presented in the list below:
- Time efficiency—You don’t have to wait for hours to get your printed photo
- Availability 24/7—You don’t need to figure out shops’ business hours when you can get your photo taken and printed at home
- Cheaper alternative—Most shops and professional photographers charge more than they should for passport photos
Why pay unreasonable amounts of money for a couple of passport photos when we can help you at a fraction of the cost? Sign up for our app and get your passport photos within minutes!
If you’re worried that you will end up making an irreparable mistake while taking or editing your photo, use our app to get an ideal headshot instantly. By making the necessary adjustments, we ensure that your passport photo gets approved on the first try!
All you need to do is follow these instructions:
- Access DoNotPay from the web browser
- Search for the Passport Photos feature
- Take a photo using your camera or upload an already existing one
- Provide us with your email address and specify whether you want to receive printed copies as well
If you want us to email the photo, you will receive it in minutes. In case you want physical copies, we will send them to your address in a few days. We provide the following shipping options:
- Rush shipping (three business days)
- Expedited shipping (four business days)
- Economy shipping (up to ten business days)
DoNotPay’s knowledge base can provide other helpful info on passport photos, such as:
- Where to take passport photos
- How to take a passport photo online
- What a digital passport photo means
Find your place of residence in the table below to see where you can have your passport photo taken:
Using DoNotPay comes with plenty of advantages, the main one being that you can resolve just about anything in a matter of clicks. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Do you need to fax a document, draw up an agreement, submit a FOIA request, get a contract notarized, file a warranty or insurance claim, get a burner number, schedule a DMV appointment, or appeal a parking ticket as soon as possible? Sign up now and clear out your schedule because we’ll handle it all!
Even though paperwork belongs in the past, we have to keep dealing with it almost daily. To avoid this annoyance, you can just use DoNotPay!
If you need to compose a demand letter to a rude neighbor, submit a claim for a late or missing package, request compensation from an airline, or sue any company in small claims court, we have your back!
All you need to do is sign up, tell us what you need, and resolve any issue in a matter of minutes!