Auburn University Scholarships Balance Diversity, Merit, and Inclusion
Auburn University (AU) is one of Alabama’s premier educational institutions providing multiple academic programs to over 30,000 students each year.
Currently, there are hundreds of Auburn University scholarships and grants based on diversity, merit, inclusion, low income, and field of research—but you cannot claim more than one for an academic year.
Do you feel lost in the maze of scholarship options for AU? In this article, DoNotPay will help you evaluate which type of financial aid available at Auburn University will serve you the best. We can also apply for selected ones on your behalf!
- Merit and achievement scholarships
- General scholarships
- Departmental scholarships
- Alumni scholarships
- Diversity and inclusion scholarships
Upon admission, all incoming freshmen, transfer students, and international students are automatically considered for the following:
- Merit scholarship
- Achievement scholarship
This table will help you understand the differences between a merit and achievement scholarship:
|You will be evaluated based on your high school senior year GPA and standardized test score
|You will be evaluated according to your competitive academic test taken before admission
|Scholarships are awarded in November, December, and January
|Scholarships are awarded in late January
|Number of active programs
|There are three active annual merit scholarships:
|There are two active annual achievement scholarships at the moment:
If you qualify for both academic and merit scholarships, you’ll be awarded the one that holds greater financial benefit for you.
Note that these scholarships may be exclusively earmarked for students of a particular high school, town, county, or state. The university authorities may also prioritize students who have:
- A GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Major financial setbacks
- Never received a scholarship
Departmental scholarships are awarded to the tune of $1,500 to $2,000 a year and are issued individually by AU’s 13 colleges and schools.
Depending on your major or interest, you may find departmental scholarships for subjects such as:
- Computer Science
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Veterinary Studies
- Environmental Science
- Media studies
- Liberal arts
- Creative writing
These scholarships are awarded by the Auburn Alumni Association, but there are no clear-cut criteria for selecting the winners.
Every year, alumni scholarships are offered to numerous students based on their merit, geographical origin, or financial situation. The reward amount is usually between $1,000 and $2,000.
Currently, you will find four different alumni scholarships issued annually:
- Auburn Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship
- Golden Eagles Annual Scholarship
- Student Alumni Association Annual Scholarship
- Auburn Club Scholarship
You can find several AU scholarship management unions catering to different demographic groups. Here are some examples:
- The Auburn University’s Veteran Resource Center provides several scholarships to veterans who are disabled, as well as their dependents
- The Auburn University Strategic Diversity Plan tries to launch programs to help underrepresented minorities like Hispanics, Filipinos, Indians, Africans, Asians, Muslims, Catholics, Christians, or Jews
You constantly need to check with the administration or search the internet to learn about the available scholarships at Auburn University, and this complicates your scholarship search to no end. Since you can only win one AU scholarship, you need to spend hours assessing the financial benefits of each option to pick out the best one.
If you hate spending your precious free time hunting for scholarships, consider using DoNotPay’s scholarship finder tool. Our app simplifies the scholarship search process and gives you relevant results in under five minutes. All you need to do is provide your student details—like GPA score, hobbies, location, diversity, and special qualifications—to our chatbot, and we will curate a comprehensive list of all the scholarships available to you right now!
today to view your personalized list!
You are required to take certain steps before you apply for any Auburn University scholarship. Here’s what you need to do:
- Calculate your estimated course expenses through the university’s tuition fee calculator (as you won’t be awarded a scholarship higher than the tuition amount)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form
- Prepare the following:
- Verify your latest admission as an Auburn student at the university’s student portal
The university authorities recommend students to maximize their financial aid by looking for external scholarship opportunities—you can do this by:
- Checking federal, state, and private scholarships websites individually
- Using scholarship search engines
Auburn University may limit your scholarship options to one at a time, but you can still get all the financial support you need by applying for external scholarships.
DoNotPay is your one-stop solution to finding all scholarships available to you, whether sponsored by a university or another organization in the country. If you use our app, you won’t be limited to Auburn scholarships—you will get access to numerous other ones in the U.S.!
Our AI-powered app helps you by:
- Giving you an informative list of all scholarships you can apply for
- Segregating all no-essay scholarships from the essay ones
- Letting you apply for no-essay scholarships directly through the app
Our app quickly applies for the no-essay scholarships you selected in your name. That leaves you with enough time and energy to work on all the essay scholarships available to you!
To use our seamless scholarship support services, do this:
- and click on Apply for Scholarships
- Enter your student details through a quick questionnaire
- Tell us if you want to view all scholarships or apply for no-essay ones
Make sure to use our app regularly to get updates on all recently announced scholarships!
Tired of dealing with bureaucracy? We understand the struggle, and that is why our app makes handling administrative tasks a breeze!
Regardless of whether you need to compose a legal document, such as a power of attorney or a child travel consent form, appeal property taxes or your parking tickets, file a financial aid appeal and a FOIA request, or get a document notarized, DoNotPay has got you covered!
In case you also need to submit anonymous HR complaints, our app will provide you with the easiest way to do so!
Do you like to shop until you drop? With DoNotPay, you won’t have to worry about dropping! We’ll make sure you can:
- Reach customer service without the long wait
- Sue companies in small claims court and seek the justice you deserve
- File an insurance or warranty claim in a snap
- Request gift card cash back
- Send item return requests
- Get a refund from any company in no time