All You Need To Know About Environmental Science Scholarships
As the climate changes before our eyes and the number of endangered species increases daily, protecting the environment is more important than ever. Should you decide to pursue a degree in environmental science, you’ll be happy to know that many organizations offer college scholarships that can support your decision financially.
Some of the resources that can help you find environmental science scholarships and grants include:
- Federal and state agencies
- Associations dedicated to environmental science, such as:
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP)
- American Academy of Sanitarians (AAS)
- Air and Waste Management Association (A&WMA)
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Minority Environmental Leadership Development Initiative (MELDI)
- Garden Club of America
- Online search tools
- Your school’s:
- Guidance counselor
- Financial aid consultant
- Previous scholarship recipients
Compiling information from these resources and checking whether you qualify for any of the opportunities you find is an exhausting process, but it doesn’t have to be. DoNotPay can provide a list of scholarships you surely qualify for so that you only need to check out the application requirements and apply for them. Sign up to get your custom list of scholarships and save time!
You can qualify for various scholarships for environmental science, depending on your specialization. The six significant fields in environmental science are:
- Social sciences
- Atmospheric sciences
- Environmental chemistry
- Water science
The vast majority of available scholarships are either general or for multiple subdisciplines, which makes them more competitive.
Suppose you want to get more significant amounts of financial aid—in that case, you can always opt for more general and less competitive awards (non-field-specific), including no-essay scholarships, which work like raffles.
If you’re studying or planning to study social sciences, you can specialize and apply for scholarships for the following subdisciplines:
Colleges and other donors usually offer general environmental science scholarships to ecology students rather than having awards dedicated to that field in particular.
Students looking for geoscience scholarships typically have to apply for more general ones, such as Earth or physical science scholarships. Fewer scholarships are available for particular geoscience subdisciplines, such as sedimentology, paleontology, geomorphology, and more.
There aren’t many scholarships for atmospheric sciences or meteorology available to students. Some of the donors that offer scholarships for atmospheric sciences include:
- American Meteorological Society (AMS)
- Women in Aerospace Foundation
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Meteorological companies
If you search for scholarships for environmental chemistry, you will find out that there aren’t many available. Private donors offer environmental chemistry scholarships in select schools, and they are primarily for graduate students.
Numerous associations and foundations help students pursue a degree in water sciences. Some of them are:
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation (NGWREF)
- American Ground Water Trust (AGWT)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- American Water Resources Association (AWRA)
- Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS)
The table below has some of the best scholarships for environmental studies in different categories to help you choose the best ones:
|Environmental science scholarships for undergraduates||
|Environmental science scholarships for high school seniors||
|Environmental law scholarships||
|Scholarships for women in environmental science||
The requirements for environmental science scholarships typically require students to submit the following paperwork:
Whether you’re still in high school or starting doctoral studies, DoNotPay can find scholarships and grants to help you reduce your educational costs. All you need to do is answer a few questions and tell us whether you fall under a particular student category, such as international students or veterans. Our app will then generate a list of scholarships you qualify for.
To start looking for scholarships for environmental science or any other field of study:
- Log in to DoNotPay
- Navigate to the feature called Apply for Scholarships
- Answer a few questions
If you want the app to apply for no-essay scholarships on your behalf, you can select that option as well.
Are you overwhelmed by your never-ending to-do list? We’re happy to jump in with a perfect solution to deal with everyday tasks the easy way!
If you are looking for further assistance, our app will show you how to deal with the following tasks effortlessly:
- Taking your passport photos at home
- Joining any giveaway or sweepstake
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Stopping annoying email and text spam
- Filing FOIA requests with ease
- Creating legal documents, including powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
If a company refuses to cooperate, use DoNotPay—the world’s first robot lawyer—to sue it in small claims court! Getting the justice you deserve is only a few clicks away!
You can also use our app’s various features to do the following:
- Find unclaimed funds
- Demand refunds
- File warranty claims
- Cash out used gift cards
- Submit insurance claims
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify different mailing services