A Simple Guide to Finding a San Antonio Scholarship
With all the scholarships and grants available, finances should not stop you from attending your first-choice university. Scholarships have a wide range of eligibility requirements which means you may qualify for a few programs—you just need to know where to look. Discover how you can find a San Antonio scholarship with little to no effort using DoNotPay.
Students in San Antonio can apply for scholarships from the following sources:
- Federal and state governments
- Universities and colleges
- The San Antonio Area Foundation
The eligibility criteria vary from one program to another, but most federal and state programs award students who demonstrate financial need. Here is a list of a few scholarships for San Antonio students sponsored by the state and federal government:
|Scholarship||Amount||Who Is It For?|
|Texas Educational Opportunity Grant Program (TEOG)||
||Texas residents enrolled in public two-year higher learning institutions in the state who demonstrate financial need|
|Toward EXcellence, Access, and Success Grant Program (TEXAS Grant)||Maximum of $5,195 every semester||Students enrolled in baccalaureate programs in state’s public schools or health-related institutions|
|Kenneth H. Ashworth Fellowship Program||Award amount is determined each year by the selection committee||Graduate school students pursuing public affairs, public service, or public administration programs|
|Education and Training Vouchers for Youths Aging Out of Foster Care in Texas||Up to $5,000 per academic year||Foster youth from ages of 16 up to 23 who are eligible to enroll in a Texas university or college for a bachelor’s degree|
|Texas Public Educational Grant Program (TPEG)||The award amount depends on the applicant’s financial need||Texas residents, out-of-state students, and international students who can prove financial need|
|Fifth Year Accounting Student Scholarship Program||Up to $5,000||Residents of Texas state who have applied for the CPA Examination with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy|
|Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program||$10,000||Graduating high school seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0, and scores of 1070 in SAT or 23 in ACT|
To apply for most of these scholarships and grants, you will need to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you do not qualify to file the FAFSA, you can complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). The applications open on October 1 and close by January 15 each year. The awards are administered by schools. You should confirm with your school’s financial aid office if they participate in the federal and state programs.
The San Antonio Area Foundation offers about 100 scholarships for graduating high school seniors and current college students. Each program has its own application guidelines and eligibility requirements. You can confirm the available scholarships and details by visiting the official website.
You can apply for the San Antonio area foundation scholarships by completing:
- The Universal Application (this allows you to apply for 25 different scholarships)
- The Common Application (you can apply for 57 different scholarships)
- The individual application (this option allows you to apply for the programs you qualify for)
Schools in San Antonio offer scholarships to their enrolled students. For instance, Texas A&M University, San Antonio Scholarships include:
- Texas A&M San Antonio Scholarship Fund ($500–$1,000 annually) for undergraduate and graduate students
- Academic Achievement Scholarship ($2,000–$4,000 annually) for high school seniors who will enroll at A&M-SA immediately after high school graduation
If you wish to find more scholarship opportunities, you can follow these search tips:
- Find the programs offered by your school through the financial aid office
- Consult your high school guidance counselor
- Use scholarship search engines
- Refine your internet search in the following ways:
- Look for opportunities aimed at your student profile, for instance, women in STEM, first-generation college students, disabled students, veterans, women, legal immigrants, teenage moms, etc.
- Search based on your field of study, for example, mathematics, music, science, environmental science, dentistry, arts, mechanical engineering, physical therapy, nursing, creative writing, and speech-language pathology
- Search for minority programs, such as those for Africans, Filipinos, Indians, Hispanics, Asians, etc.
You can also use a more efficient approach. DoNotPay can help you discover all the programs you can apply for in less than five minutes—your only task is to .
While every program has its own application process, most require submitting the following documents:
DoNotPay is the game-changer for finding scholarships. Instead of wasting your time behind a computer trying to find all the scholarships you could apply for, you can use our app and let us perform the search on your behalf. We give you a complete list of all the scholarships you are eligible for based on the information you provide.
Discover your opportunities in a minute by following these steps:
- Find the Apply for Scholarships product
- Answer a few questions
We can also help you apply for no-essay scholarships automatically in a few taps.
The world’s first robot lawyer is capable of tackling any legal or administrative task in your stead. We can draw up any legal document for you—including a power of attorney, child travel consent form, and divorce settlement agreement, to name just a few—help you sue any company or individual in small claims court, send a letter of warning to your noisy neighbors, help you reduce your property taxes and utility bills, and a lot more.
Sign up now if you want to stop email and text spam, claim any insurance or warranty, appeal parking tickets, schedule a DMV appointment in a flash, mail anything worry-free, find your missing assets, create passport photos, or contact embassies and consulates effortlessly.
Are you tired of corporations not taking their customers seriously? So are we, and that’s why our nifty product will assist you in suing any company or individual in small claims court!
If you don’t want to have any online service take advantage of you, you can sign up for any free trial completely risk-free with our virtual credit card’s help, cancel any membership on time, and demand a refund or chargeback in a split second. DoNotPay can also draw up an airtight return request and send it to a company of your choice quickly.