Is There an Easy Way To Get a Scholarship for Indian Students?
The high cost of living coupled with even higher costs of education can leave a big dent in your pocket, which is why most international students look for scholarships before making the big move.
Is it easy to find a scholarship for Indian students? Yes, if you have the patience to spend numerous hours sifting through multiple websites. Fortunately, there is a better way! You can skip the hassle entirely and use DoNotPay to simplify your scholarship search!
Specialized scholarships such as those for Indian and Indian American students might require a little digging to find. Grants and scholarships are awarded based on:
- Extracurricular and social achievements
- Financial need
There are several government and non-government scholarship opportunities available for Indian students. The following table contains information about scholarships that may fit your needs, including Indian government scholarships for studying abroad:
|Tata Scholarship for Cornell University||Varies||The applicant must be an Indian resident who has accepted an undergraduate offer at Cornell University|
|Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships||$12,000–$25,0000||The candidate must be a resident of a country where rotary clubs are present and must have completed at least two years of college|
|Inlaks Scholarship||Up to $100,000||The candidate must be a graduate or doctoral student and must not be over 30 years of age|
|Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Scholarship||$25,000||Varies|
|Gunvant and Bharati Parekh College Scholarship Award||$1,000||The student must be of Indian origin and demonstrate exceptional academic and leadership skills|
|LSEF—UMass Scholarship||$29,500||The applicant must be a postgraduate student studying Public Policy, Data Analytics, or Applied Economics at the University of Massachusetts Amherst|
|S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program for Indian Students||Varies||The recipient must be an Indian undergraduate or graduate student studying Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Atmospheric and Earth Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Mathematical and Computational Sciences|
|Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program||$150,000||The applicant must be enrolled in the two-year business management course at Stanford Graduate School of Business|
The Fulbright Scholarships program is designed to enable international students from over 155 countries to attend esteemed schools in the USA. With the aim being cultural and academic exchange, Fulbright Scholarships have helped numerous students graduate debt-free.
Here are a few Fulbright opportunities that are available to Indian students:
- Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program
- Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship
- Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Program
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers
- Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program
There are several scholarships available for Indian American students. These scholarships include opportunities open to high school seniors, college sophomores or juniors, and women studying in various fields. These include:
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund
- Chicago Booth School of Business
- Matt Fong Asian Americans in Public Finance Scholarship
- Upakar Indian Scholarship Foundation
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- AEF Scholarship
- AAUW International Fellowships
- DMA Scholarship
- Endowment for South Asian Students of Indian Descent Scholarship Fund
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
- Gunvant & Bharati Parekh College Scholarship Award
- NASRA Foundation
- Oregon-Idaho Conference Ethnic Leadership Award
Your scholarship application process will vary based on the kind of opportunity you are applying for. A few documents that might be needed to apply for every type of scholarship are the following:
- Cover letter
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic certificates and mark sheets
- Valid passport or ID
Looking for scholarships especially for a certain group of students can be extremely time-consuming. If you factor in the time you need for research and the number of websites you have to visit and read through, you may feel overwhelmed.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to DoNotPay in any web browser
- Look for the Apply for Scholarships product
- Tell us about your current level of education and the kind of degree you want to pursue
Our app will show you a customized list of scholarships that you can apply for! We can also apply for the no-essay scholarships on your behalf—all you have to do is select the ones you like!
DoNotPay has many tricks up its sleeve—no matter the admin or legal issue at hand, our AI-enabled app can power through it in a split second. Look into our product range to find out how you can:
- Protect your original work from copyright infringement
- Compose a bulletproof financial aid appeal letter
- Get your college application fees waived
- Sue any company in small claims court
- Get in touch with a loved one in prison
- Look up sex offenders in your area
- Practice for any government test
- Fight workplace discrimination
- Draw up any legal document
- Mail anything hassle-free
If you want to cancel a subscription before your free trial expires so that you don’t get charged, you can count on our virtual credit card to do it in your stead! We can also make sure that you get what’s rightfully yours—be it a refund, insurance, warranty, unclaimed money, flight refund, raffle ticket, or gift card cash back.
You no longer have to go through legal or administrative hurdles on your own—as soon as you sign up for DoNotPay, you’ll get access to our app’s assistance and will be able to use it to fight injustice.