Everything You Should Know About Syracuse Financial Aid
Syracuse University (SU, Syracuse, or 'Cuse for the cool kids) was established in 1870. This private research university in New York has around 22,000 students. The tuition for this school is high—$53,849 per year. Most students can’t pay that much for education expenses and need to apply for Syracuse financial aid.
In case you are among the majority, on how to apply for financial assistance and see your options. If Syracuse rejects your application or you get an unsatisfactory offer, we can help you file an appeal!
For any questions regarding financial aid, you should turn to Syracuse’s Financial Aid Office. The advisors are at your disposal from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Here is the contact information you will need:
- Address—700 University Ave Room 107 | Syracuse, NY 13244
Syracuse University offers its students multiple options when it comes to financial aid. Take a look at the table below to see what types of financial aid you can apply for:
|Type of Aid
|Is Repayment Required?
|What You Can Apply For
If you want to apply for financial aid at ‘Cuse, you need to complete the following forms:
- Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA)—This form is used to determine your financial aid eligibility. You need to submit the FAFSA each academic year. The FAFSA school code is 002882
- College Scholarship Service (CSS)/Financial Aid Profile—While FAFSA provides more general info, a CSS Profile is used for more detailed research. You need to complete this form for most university-awarded aid options. The Syracuse school code is 2823
In addition to FAFSA and CSS Profile, you may need to submit other forms, such as:
- Income tax forms—The school will notify you if your income tax returns are required
- Noncustodial Profile (NCP)—If your parents were never married to each other or are separated or divorced
Independent students (due to age) may need to provide more parent information.
It’s important to respect the set deadlines if you want to receive financial aid. Take a look at the table below to see relevant deadlines for the 2021-2022 academic year:
|Type of Decision/Student
|You Should Submit Your FAFSA and CSS Profile By:
|2021–2022 Early Decision First-Year
|November 15, 2020
|2021–2022 Regular Decision
|January 1, 2021
|2021–2022 Transfer Students
|July 1, 2021
|2021–2022 Returning Students
|February 1, 2021
|2021–2022 EDII First-Year
|January 1, 2021
If Syracuse rejects your financial aid application or is not generous with its offer and you need more money, you can count on DoNotPay to file an appeal. Our app will generate a financial aid appeal letter in a few minutes after you follow these simple steps:
- Choose the Appeal for More Financial Aid product
- Provide us with the info about financial aid offers from all the schools you applied for
- Inform us about your family’s income and financial status
DoNotPay will mail the financial aid appeal letter on your behalf to Syracuse as soon as possible.
DoNotPay can also answer the following questions related to financial aid:
- Do you apply for financial aid before or after acceptance?
- When will you receive your financial aid award letter?
- Do part-time students get financial aid?
- When and how often do you have to apply for financial aid?
- How long can you keep receiving financial aid at a community college?
It is possible to get a better financial aid offer from a different school. Check out the table below to see options available for graduate and undergraduate students at some of the most popular universities:
Did you manage to solve the issue with our app? If the answer is yes, you may also be interested in checking out other interesting features we offer. DoNotPay can help you:
|Get Rid of Spammers By
|Deal With Uncooperative Merchants By
|Get Help With Your Studies By
Are you having a hard time drawing up a contract due to insufficient legal expertise? Say goodbye to failed drafts—DoNotPay can generate divorce settlement agreements, powers of attorney, child travel consent forms, and many other legal documents in under five minutes!
We will also help you create anonymous HR complaints and demand letters for your neighbors if you are experiencing any issues with them.