Compare the Cost of Homeschooling vs. Public School With DoNotPay
Steering your child’s educational path is a demanding task. You need to get fully informed about the process if you’d like to choose an optimal course of action for your kid.
In case you’re wondering whether you should homeschool your child or let them stay in public school, you should analyze both educational options.
Since education is not free of charge, you should also compare the cost of homeschooling vs. public school to determine which option fits your budget.
While many believe that enrolling your child in public school is free, it’s not true. You’ll have to set up a budget even if you opt for this less expensive option.
To understand what expenses you need to take into account when preparing the budget for your child’s forthcoming education, you should check out the breakdown of:
- The cost of public school
- The cost of homeschooling
Here’s a list of various costs families need to cover when sending their kid to public school:
- Home equipment—For your child to be able to do research and complete assignments, you should provide:
- A computer
- Stable internet connection
- A printer
- Extracurricular activities—While public schools provide their students with free sports teams, art and science associations, and other activities, parents still need to pay for uniforms and costumes and cover associated costs
- Childcare—Since many parents stay at work after their children finish the school day, they might need to include after-school care. Depending on your city, you can end up paying more than $3,500 per year for this service
- Tutoring—If your child needs help with particular subjects or college preparation, you might have to hire a tutor. The sessions can go from $25 to more than $150
While homeschool parents spend about $600 per child every year, this amount can be significantly higher depending on the family, student’s age, and other factors.
Take a look at the following table to see what can affect the total cost of home-based education:
|The Cost of Homeschooling
|Parents need to select a homeschool curriculum to:
Depending on what curriculum a family chooses or creates, it can cost from $50 to more than $500
|Homeschool children need to take part in extracurricular activities. While some public schools let homeschool students join their sports, art, and other groups free of charge, other activities come at a cost, including:
|Membership in homeschool organizations
|Families often join homeschool associations, co-ops, and groups since parents need to:
When comparing homeschool and public school, the cost is just one of the aspects you’ll need to consider along with:
- Your kid’s needs—Some children:
- The whole family’s specific circumstances—Homeschooling might be challenging if:
Keep in mind that homeschooling requirements depend on the state you reside in. Some U.S. states have:
- Strict regulations, i.e., you must follow pre-set steps and provide a specific number of hours every day
- Lenient laws on homeschooling, i.e., you—or another person who’s teaching your kid—have a lot of freedom to manage your child’s education
, and we’ll handle the task efficiently!
Homeschooling comes with various administrative tasks that can be overwhelming, especially in the beginning. DoNotPay jumps in to help you start teaching at home stress-free.
We can compose and send the letter of intent to homeschool instead of you so you can focus on other, more rewarding aspects of home-based education. and:
- Go for the Notice of Intent to Homeschool product
- Enter information about your child
Once you’ve provided the necessary data, we can:
- Help you get the notice of intent notarized online
- Send the letter in your stead
- Create a PDF file you can print and submit yourself
If you’d like to delve into the homeschooling topic, you should explore our learning center. We offer various helpful guides, such as:
- When to create a homeschool portfolio and transcript
- How to homeschool for free
- When to start homeschooling
- What percentage of homeschooled students attend college
DoNotPay’s robust products can assist you in fighting companies, individuals, and institutions that have wronged you in any way. Once you subscribe to our platform, we’ll ensure that you never have to deal with any of the following again:
- Workplace discrimination
- Stalking and harassment
- Sky-high property taxes
- Copyright infringement
- Spam texts or emails
- Banned accounts
- Parking tickets
- Phone queues
- Item returns
Subscribing to DoNotPay will bring you peace of mind as you won’t have to go through tedious task completion on your own anymore. With our AI-powered app, you can get what’s rightfully yours in the blink of an eye.
If you want to claim warranty or insurance, find your missing assets, get compensated for a canceled flight or a violent crime that you were a victim of, track your missing parcel, or draw up a child travel consent form, divorce settlement agreement, power of attorney, or any other legal document, you can count on us to lend you a helping hand.
Sign up today to get access to the entirety of our product range and forget about dealing with time-consuming and energy-draining chores!