Hiring a Professional Tutor—How Much Does a Homeschool Teacher Cost?
How much does a homeschool teacher cost? Find the answer in the following lines. Learn everything you need to know about homeschool teacher prices.
The price range of homeschooling teacher services in the U.S. varies between $26 and $40 per hour. If you decide to hire entry-level teachers for the entire year, you will have to pay somewhere around $22,000. In case you have to hire a more skilled, well-versed, and experienced tutor, you may have to pay up to $83,000 annually.
- School equipment and supplies
- Curriculum—programs, educational games, and books
- Extracurricular activities—additional programs, sports activities, and field trips
Selecting a homeschool teacher is one of the most important choices you’ll make when it comes to the academic future of your child. To find your perfect fit, you should look for someone who is:
- Passionate about teaching and education
- Able to use the latest technology for education purposes
- Confident while presenting the subject to the students
These traits are also essential if you decide to become a homeschool teacher.
The homeschool teacher should also have:
- Leadership skills
- Physical fitness
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills
- Emotional intelligence
You may get a homeschool teacher to teach some or all subjects to your child. If you are wondering whether hiring a homeschool teacher is a good choice, take a look at the advantages that come with it:
|Taking pressure off of you||You will not have to deal with subjects you’re not familiar with|
|Improving grades||Extra help and undivided attention will help your child achieve academic success|
|Improving self-esteem||If your child is struggling in a certain class, this may affect their self-esteem. Support from a teaching expert can improve that|
|Removing frustration||If your teaching methods aren’t working, it’s good to have someone with fresh ideas|
|Having someone to rely on||You and your child will have the option to ask questions and get comprehensive answers|
|Using a homeschool curriculum more effectively||Sometimes, it isn’t enough to have great materials and subjects adjusted to your child's interests. A homeschool teacher can make the curriculum more engaging and turn homeschooling hours into quality time|
The requirements to become a homeschool teacher are regulated by homeschool laws. These laws can be different from one state to the other, so you should learn what is allowed in your state before hiring someone else to educate your child.
Basic requirements for a homeschool teacher may be one or both of the following:
- Owning a high school diploma
- Having a teaching certificate for certain subjects or a state license
Whether you choose to homeschool your child yourself or with someone else’s help, you might need to notify the school authorities about your decision to start homeschooling. This notification should be in the form of a letter of intent to homeschool.
Even if you decide to start homeschooling your child in the middle of the year, DoNotPay will be there to help. Our app can draft the letter of intent to homeschool in a matter of minutes, and all you have to do is:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Navigate to our Notice of Intent to Homeschool feature
- Provide us with basic info about your child
- Enter the details about your school district
When you answer all of our questions, you can choose whether you’d like to receive your letter in PDF version to mail it yourself or let us send it to the school district or Department of Education instead of you.
You can also count on us if you need to get this document notarized right away. Let us know, and DoNotPay will connect you to an online notary.
- Homeschool portfolios
- History of homeschooling in the United States
- Percentage of homeschooled students that go to college
- Financial assistance for homeschooling parents
- Number of students that are homeschooled in the United States
- Homeschooling in Spanish
Discover DoNotPay’s Solutions to Mundane Tasks
Our product range doesn’t end there—we can also help you sue anyone in small claims court, cancel any subscription, start a free trial risk-free with our virtual credit card, get refunds and chargebacks, send anything through online fax, pay your utility bills, demand airline compensation, and deal with your annoying neighbors.
As soon as you sign up, we can also put an end to robocalls, copyright infringement, email and text spam, and stalkers and harassers. Our app’s abilities don’t stop there either—get perfect passport photos, free raffle tickets, compensation for victims of crime, or insurance or warranty instantly!
Check out how else we can help—DoNotPay can:
- Help you jump the phone queue when contacting reps
- Keep you up to date with sex offenders in your area
- Check any gift card balance and turn it into cash
- Find any unclaimed assets you may have
- Book a DMV appointment in your stead
- Get any document notarized remotely
- Draw up a financial aid appeal letter
- Get rid of stalkers and harassers
- Stop email and text spam
Sign up now to take advantage of our nifty products!