All About Finding a Notary in Carlisle, PA
When getting your documents notarized in Pennsylvania, it’s crucial to get familiar with specific notarization rules proposed by the state. If you are looking for a notary in Carlisle, PA, this guide is all you need. to learn how to avoid the bureaucratic hassle and set an appointment with a notary in less than five minutes!
What Can Notary Publics in Carlisle Do?
As per Title 57 of Pennsylvania Statutes, all notaries in this state can perform the following acts:
- Verifying and attesting signatures on various legal documents, including:
- Executing acknowledgments
- Certifying document copies
- Administering and verifying oaths and affirmations
- Making protests of negotiable instruments
What To Expect From the Notarization Procedure?
During the notarization procedure, the officials must:
- Confirm your identity by checking your ID, driver’s license, passport, or any other document containing your photo or signature
- Check whether you are signing the document voluntarily and are mentally stable
- Be present during the signing—they must be able to hear and see the client
- Put their signature and stamp on the document
- Make a notary journal entry containing:
- Date and time of the notarial act in question
- Notarial act type
- Brief description of the case
- Methods of identification
- Notary fees
What Types of Notary Services Does Pennsylvania Offer?
The state offers five types of notary service to its residents:
- Standard notaries can be found in various organizations or facilities, such as banks, financial institutions, hotels, universities, and UPS objects. They may also run an independent office. To have your documents notarized by them, you must go to their workplace
- Online notaries notarize your documents remotely, during a video appointment. They put a digital stamp and signature on your document to enforce it. It’s one of the most convenient options since you don’t have to leave your home
- Electronic notaries require your presence at their location, but they notarize only digital copies of the documents
- Mobile notaries go to their clients’ preferred locations and notarize their documents there
- Notary signing agents usually notarize loan documents only, but unlike other notaries, they provide additional instructions and advice to their clients
What Are the Maximum Costs of Notarial Acts in Carlisle?
The Pennsylvania Department of State determines the maximum fees a notary can charge in this state. The officials have the right to set their prices as long as the costs don’t exceed the proposed amounts.
Here’s a list of the most common notarial acts performed in Carlisle and the imposed maximum prices:
|Notarial Acts||Maximum Notary Costs|
|Oaths and affirmations||$5.00|
|Affidavits||$5.00 (regardless of the number of signatures)|
|Acknowledgments||$5.00 for the first name and $2.00 for each additional name|
|Certificates||$5.00 per certified copy|
|Depositions||$3.00 per page|
|Witnessing a signature||$5.00 per signature|
|Protests||$3.00 per page|
Some additional costs may include travel or postage fees, which are considered clerical and are not limited by the state.
Use DoNotPay To Get a Notary’s Signature in a Snap!
The notarization procedure doesn’t have to be a daunting and time-consuming experience for you. DoNotPay helps you match with notaries that operate 24/7 and notarize your legal documents remotely. The service lets you:
- Schedule a video appointment with a notary in a few taps
- Avoid paperwork and administrative issues
- Get your documents notarized from home using any preferred device
- Avoid fuel and travel expenses
The procedure can’t be simpler. All you should do is:
- Go to the Notarize Any Document section
- Attach the document you need notarized
- Input your email address
When you receive an email from us, follow the link and pick the most convenient time for your online appointment with a notary.
Another tool we offer, Standardized Legal Documents, lets you draw up state-specific legal documents in the blink of an eye! Rely on our customizable templates and create:
- Parenting plan (child custody)
- Intent to purchase real estate
- LLC operating rules agreement
- General business contract
- Residential lease agreement
- Child care authorization form
- Independent contractor agreement
- Prenuptial agreement
- Estoppel certificate
- Promissory note
- Non-disclosure agreement
- General affidavit
- Bill of sale
- Quitclaim deed
- Non-compete agreement
More Notary-Related Questions? Explore Our Learning Base
If you are having your documents notarized for the first time, you may not be familiar with the procedure or the specifics of notarization. This is why the articles from our learning center will answer all your questions, such as:
- Where can you find a notary?
- Is it possible to have a document notarized without being present?
- Can a notary notarize for a family member?
- How long is a notarized document valid?
- Is it necessary to get affidavits of domestic partnership notarized?
Let DoNoPay Help You With Your Paperwork
Why waste time on bureaucracy if you can rely on DoNotPay to handle pesky tasks for you? Cancel all your subscriptions at once, find unclaimed funds in a matter of minutes, appeal parking tickets hassle-free, and discover the best way to get your documents notarized remotely.
Fighting workplace discrimination is of utmost importance, but the entire procedure seems rather complicated. The same goes for the crime victims compensation application in most states. DoNotPay is here to change that. We will help you file a report, request compensation, and create numerous other documents.
Keep Your Online Safety in Check!
While internet safety should be one of your top priorities, staying anonymous while surfing the web is almost impossible. If you want to avoid giving out your number when registering for services, you should try out our Burner Phone product.