Weekend Notary Service From A to Z
Do you need to get a contract notarized outside of business hours? Even though most local notaries operate Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., finding a weekend notary service isn’t impossible. Learn how to notarize documents any day of the week by reading our comprehensive guide. Create your contracts and get them notarized quickly from any device.
Is a Notary Open on Sunday and Saturday?
Many notaries choose to work outside of regular business hours, which means that you’ll probably be able to find a notary on weekends. To get your documents notarized on Saturdays and Sundays, you can:
- Check if your bank operates on Saturdays—Some bank branches are open for a few hours every Saturday. You can call your bank to check which branch offers notary services and schedule an appointment with their notary public
- Visit a shipping store that’s open on weekends—UPS, USPS, FedEx, and other shipping service providers usually operate on weekends. Since most of their stores employ a notary, you can get your contracts notarized there
- Hire a mobile notary—Most mobile notaries work outside of common business hours, which means that you can hire a traveling notary public after 5 p.m. and on weekends. A traveling notary can come to your office, house, or any other place you choose. While traveling notaries usually notarize real estate contracts, you can also hire them for other legal documents, including wills, affidavits, and trusts
- Sign up for one of the online notary services—If you prefer getting your documents notarized from the comfort of your home, you should consider using an online notary service. On most platforms, you can get remote notarial services any day of the week
Do Notaries Charge More for Weekend Notary Services?
Notaries should charge the same fee regardless of their working hours. State laws usually dictate the maximum amount of the fee, but some states allow notaries to determine the notary service costs independently.
If you choose to hire a mobile notary, you will have to cover his or her travel expenses as well. The notary’s duty is to inform you about the fee before he or she performs a notarial act.
Traditional Notarization Process vs. Online Notary Services
The current notarization procedure can be tiresome because you need to:
- Find an available notary
- Schedule an appointment
- Bring your documents to the notary’s office
- Wait while the notary verifies your identity
- Pay for notary service fees
- Wait until the notary public completes the certificate and notarizes your contracts
Since the traditional process can last for a few days, online notary services are a more efficient and simpler alternative. You can notarize your contracts in a few clicks from your preferred device. The only drawback of most online notary platforms is the high notarization fee (up to $25 per document).
DoNotPay Takes Care of Document Notarization All Day Every Day
Do you like the convenience of online notary services? If you find the price of the majority of platforms to be too high, we have a user-oriented and wallet-friendly solution for you. DoNotPay’s Notarize Any Document feature is one of the most affordable online notary apps on the market. Once you pay our low monthly fee, you’ll be able to get an unlimited number of contracts notarized and have access to all of our other features.
DoNotPay will connect you with a notary public open on Saturday or Sunday and help you get your contracts notarized quickly without breaking the bank. If you’d like to get your legal documents notarized with us, log in to your account and follow these steps:
- Open our Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload the agreement you wish to get notarized
- Type in your email address
We will email you a link that will enable you to set up a meeting with a remote notary public. The notary will witness your signature and verify it online. He or she will write the notarial certificate and mark it with the official electronic notary signature and stamp. You can rely on our online notarization process regardless of the state you live in, be it:
Draw Up Legal Documents in Two Minutes With DoNotPay
Should you need help writing contracts before getting them notarized, has developed a handy feature for that too. You don’t have to hire expensive lawyers for every legal document or waste time trying to figure out contract templates. With us, you can create documents and have them notarized in a few clicks through the same platform.
To ensure you get the required contracts, DoNotPay will ask you a few questions and create a personalized and professional legal document based on your answers. The following table shows some of the documents DoNotPay can help you draw up in no time:
|Real Estate Agreements
What Else Can Our Award-Winning App Do for You?
If you think that's impressive, wait until you've heard about other features we boast!
Our services have been recognized by the esteemed ABA Brown award, serving as a testament to our abilities to assist you with your small claims issues, free trial auto-renewals, college fee waivers, public records, copyright protection, and much more!
More Benefits of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a useful tool for handling many otherwise annoying life's trifles, including:
- Setting up DMV appointments without a fuss and fighting unfair parking violations
- Getting refunds for canceled or delayed flights that disrupted your travel plans
- Reaching customer services without listening to the annoying elevator music yourself
- Signing up for free trials without revealing your real credit card info
- Verifying accounts with temporary phone numbers, shielding you from unsolicited spam texts and phishing emails
- Finding the highest-paid clinical trials in your area