Get Acquainted With the University of Denver Financial Aid Program
Are you a prospective student considering the University of Denver (UD), but the tuition and attendance fees, which can sum up to over $63,500, hinder you from applying?
Before you make your choice, use this guide to find out how the University of Denver financial aid program works, how to apply for it, and how to appeal the University’s unfavorable decision, if necessary!
Check out the types of financial aid you can get from the University of Denver:
- Work-study programs
Current and prospective UD students can qualify for the following grants:
|Federal grants||Federal Pell Grant||$6,345|
|Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)||$4,000|
|Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant||$5,983|
|Federal TEACH Grant (for graduate students)||$3,772|
|Institutional grants||DU Educational Grant (DUEG)||The amount depends on financial need|
|Residence Hall Grant||$3,000|
|Colorado grants||Colorado Student Grant||Up to $3,000|
|College Opportunity Fund (COF)||$13.33/credit hour|
|Colorado "Critical Career" Graduate Grant (for graduate students)||From $1,000 to $5,000|
Take a look at the table below to find out what scholarships you can apply for at UD:
|Institutional scholarships||Merit scholarships:
||Up to $30,000 (for tuition and campus housing)|
|Talent scholarships||Determined on an individual basis|
|Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships (for transfer students)||$2,500|
|RaiseMe Micro-Scholarships||Depends on the goals you achieve|
|Native American Community Scholarship||Covers all tuition and attendance costs|
|Federal scholarships||Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship||Up to $6,345|
If you qualify for a private scholarship, UD requires you to complete and submit a Private Scholarship Form and send the scholarship check to the following address:
University of Denver
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80208-9403
If grants and scholarships don’t cover all of your expenses, you can opt for one of the following loans at UD:
- Loans for undergraduate students:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan
- Loans for graduate students
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan (law students are eligible automatically, while all other students have to submit a separate application)
Student employment allows UD attendees to earn up to $5,000 per year by working up to 20 hours per week. UD prohibits students from having a work-study job and a graduate teaching/research assistantship at the same time in one quarter.
To apply for financial aid, the University of Denver requires you to submit the following forms:
- FAFSA—UD school code is 001371
- CSS Profile—UD school code is 4842
- Noncustodial Parent CSS Profile—this form is necessary for students whose parents separated, divorced, or don’t live together
Try to complete your application before the priority deadline, which is usually around March 15th, to get as much aid from UD as possible.
Students who want to attend classes and receive aid during summer need to apply using the PioneerWeb student service.
If you’re having trouble with the application process, contact the University of Denver financial aid office for assistance by sending an email including your questions to email@example.com.
If you feel like the financial aid offer you got from the University of Denver doesn’t cover enough of your expenses, you can file an appeal by:
Convincing the University of Denver to give you more aid can be challenging, but we can help you choose the right words to do it!
With DoNotPay, you can request more aid from the University of Denver in three simple steps:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Type Appeal for More Financial Aid in the search bar
- Answer a few brief questions about what your financial situation is like and why you need more aid
After you complete the final step, we will generate your appeal letter in a matter of moments and send it to the University of Denver right away!
If you’re still deciding what schools to apply to or you need a backup plan in case UD rejects your application, here are some options you can explore:
DoNotPay is an AI assistant that is able to solve almost all issues you’re facing. Whether that be your noisy neighbors, the annoying text and email spam you’re receiving, or the frustrating robocalls that won’t leave you alone. We’ll even cancel your unneeded subscriptions and get you a few extra bucks you’ve been cheated out of.
The world’s first robot lawyer app can help you get:
- Compensation if you’re a victim of crime
- In touch with your locked-up relatives
- Your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- A temporary phone number to ensure your privacy
- Unclaimed money
- College fee waivers
- Virtual credit cards for avoiding scams
- Tailor-made divorce settlement agreements
Tedious administrative tasks are always headache-inducing, but they don’t have to be if you use DoNotPay. With our AI-powered app, you will be able to:
- File insurance and warranty claims easily
- Get compensation from airline companies
- Appeal parking tickets anywhere in the U.S.
- Get refunds and chargebacks from various companies
- Schedule appointments at the DMV
- File FOIA requests
- Fight discrimination at your workplace