UCSD Summer Session Financial Aid—What You Need To Know Before You Apply
Do you want to apply for UCSD Summer Sessions, but you’re not sure about how the University’s financial aid program works during that quartal?
Check the following table to see the steps you need to take to apply for Summer Session financial aid at UCSD depending on your student status:
|Student Status||Application Process|
|Continuing students||You must have been enrolled during the winter or spring quarter of the ongoing academic year to be eligible for summer aid.
UCSD requires you to:
|Pre-matriculated first-year students||You need to file your Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) as soon as possible or by the final deadline—June 30|
After you take all the required steps, you should check TritonLink—the UCSD Financial Aid Tool—regularly during late April/early May for your award letter.
Check the table to find out when UCSD disburses Summer Session financial aid:
|Summer Sessions||Disbursement Date|
|Special Session||Depends on when the session is scheduled, but usually falls two days before instructions start|
You can apply for the following types of financial aid to meet your UCSD Summer Session expenses:
- Federal Pell Grant—Note that the Federal Pell Grant is prorated depending on the number of enrolled units. Students who enrolled in 6–8 units for Summer Session will receive half of the accepted grant, and students who took on 9–11 units will get a disbursement equal to 75% of the award
- UC San Diego Summer Grant
- External scholarships
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loans
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Dream Loan
UCSD students who got loans during the ongoing academic year can cover Summer Session costs by taking any leftover amount up to the annual limit. If you are not a financial aid recipient, you can contact the UCSD Financial Aid Office to apply for parent loans and direct unsubsidized loans to afford Summer Session costs.
UCSD states the following about Summer Session tuition and fees:
- Undergraduate students must pay $279 per enrolled unit
- Graduate students have to spend $349 per enrolled unit
- All Summer Session attendees are subject to the following mandatory fees:
- ICA Student Activity Fee (for undergraduates)—$129.52 per session
- Recreation Facility Fee—$58.50 per session
- University Center Fee—$50.73 per session
After you calculate your Summer Session tuition and fees, don’t forget to include other expenses such as books, housing, transportation, etc.
Since summer sessions are an excellent opportunity to make significant academic progress, it can be discouraging for students to find out that they will miss it because UCSD offered them insufficient aid.
- Family Contribution Appeal
- Dependency Appeal
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
If you’re a pre-matriculated student, resort to sending a financial aid appeal letter and explain the circumstances that interfere with your ability to afford UCSD Summer Session tuition. If you need assistance with your appeal, and let our app create a rock-solid request letter for you!
You can convince UCSD to reconsider your financial aid application in three steps:
- in your web browser
- Type Appeal for More Financial Aid in the search bar
- Explain the financial circumstances that affect your ability to afford UCSD Summer Session tuition
After you complete all required steps, decide whether you want DoNotPay to send the letter to UCSD on your behalf or you want to do it yourself.
Use our comprehensive guides to resolve any financial-aid-related doubts you have about:
- The amount of financial aid you can receive
- The number of years you can receive financial aid for
- Financial aid calculators
If UCSD doesn’t offer you enough financial support for the Summer Session, we picked out some schools for you that may have more generous programs, such as:
Tedious administrative tasks are always headache-inducing, but they don’t have to be if you use DoNotPay. With our AI-powered app, you will be able to:
- File insurance and warranty claims easily
- Get compensation from airline companies
- Appeal parking tickets anywhere in the U.S.
- Get refunds and chargebacks from various companies
- Schedule appointments at the DMV
- File FOIA requests
- Fight discrimination at your workplace
DoNotPay is an AI assistant that is able to solve almost all issues you’re facing. Whether that be your noisy neighbors, the annoying text and email spam you’re receiving, or the frustrating robocalls that won’t leave you alone. We’ll even cancel your unneeded subscriptions and get you a few extra bucks you’ve been cheated out of.
The world’s first robot lawyer app can help you get:
- Compensation if you’re a victim of crime
- In touch with your locked-up relatives
- Your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- A temporary phone number to ensure your privacy
- Unclaimed money
- College fee waivers
- Virtual credit cards for avoiding scams
- Tailor-made divorce settlement agreements