Get Your Ticket to the Good Life With Soccer Scholarships for College
Soccer is one of the top five most popular sports for high school students across the U.S. Playing it also helps students do better in academics. As per a high school survey, students who doubled up as athletes had higher GPAs than their non-athlete counterparts!
- A real chance to network and pursue a glorious career in soccer
- Complete access to high-end academic programs that lead you to great jobs
In this article, we will help you explore the existing soccer scholarship opportunities available to you!
If you have it in you to bend it like Beckham, you should apply for soccer scholarships without a shred of doubt!
Many high school senior year players overlook a soccer college scholarship even when they have roaring passion and talent for the sport. That’s because they want to prioritize getting accepted at a college of their choice. While it’s a practical decision, it can cause you to miss out on many lucrative opportunities.
The primary reason you should look for soccer scholarships is that they can help you get a full-ride scholarship to your favorite college!
Premier colleges want the best players on their team. If college coaches and recruiters like your skills on the field, they’ll offer you a robust scholarship and invite you to join their soccer squad as a freshman! You’ll also get unparalleled exposure to the world of professional soccer, so getting selected is a win-win deal!
College soccer scholarships and grants are offered by educational institutes affiliated with one of the following athletic bodies:
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
Refer to the table below to understand how a college’s affiliation to one of these organizations impacts the quality and quantity of scholarships offered:
|College Is a Member Of||Details|
|NCAA||Schools and colleges offer soccer scholarships based on the NCAA division classification:
The scholarships sponsored by NCAA colleges cover full tuition fees, boarding costs, and such
NAIA schools are less likely to offer full-ride scholarships
Colleges under NCAA, NAIA, or NJCAA also offer scholarships for other sports like volleyball, cheerleading, track, golf, rowing, and basketball. Certain NCAA-affiliated schools may offer scholarships to students with disabilities—physical or mental—like autism, hearing loss, anxiety, or any learning disability.
If you are serious about getting a soccer scholarship, you need to start keeping track of colleges belonging to the NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA from your sophomore or junior year. You should analyze your skills and make a list of the colleges you have a shot with. For example—some colleges prioritize soccer skills, while others demand high GPAs from their athlete scholars.
Checking out individual scholarship criteria for different schools can be a rough and time-sapping chore, especially for a busy student in a super intense learning or sporting environment. Keeping that in mind, DoNotPay offers you a nifty Apply for Scholarships tool that lets you keep tabs on all scholarships you’re interested in!
All you need to do is enter your student details, such as grades, interests, hobbies, potential veteran background, and other qualifications, including being an international student. We will match your data with our latest scholarship database to give you a list of all scholarships you qualify for!
Sign up for our app to view your customized list within five minutes!
Before you search for scholarships, know that soccer scholarships are always merit-based. If you want to increase your chances of winning them, abide by the following tips:
- Develop a good mentor-mentee relationship with your high school coach—many college team recruiters rely on their verbal or written recommendation
- Reach out to college coaches to assess what they want in potential players
- Don’t neglect your academics—many talented players have lost good scholarship offers due to slipping scores in science or math
- Brush up on your writing skills as some colleges may also ask you to write a qualifying scholarship essay
- If your current school soccer team isn’t too skilled, consider joining off-season private clubs to improve your competitive performance
Keep in mind that many NCAA, NAIA, or NJCAA colleges divide their total scholarship fund to accommodate awarding more students. For example—a college allowed to issue $10,000 full-ride scholarships to nine players may choose to offer $5,000 partial scholarships to 18 players.
If you want better coverage for your tuition costs, use DoNotPay to search and apply for other scholarships.
As a soccer scholarship aspirant, you may have to wait for over a year to see if you’re admitted to a college. Since your odds of winning a scholarship are up in the air, it’s smarter to keep your eyes on multiple options at once.
If you think scholarship applications take time and energy—DoNotPay has a perfect solution for you! Our Apply for Scholarships tool not only lets you browse for scholarships but also helps you apply for them within seconds.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log in to DoNotPay
- Find our Apply for Scholarships tool
- Fill in the student questionnaire
- Choose if you want to view scholarships or apply for them
If you choose to view, we will give you a list of all scholarships you are eligible for.
When you use our apply feature, we will curate a list of no-essay scholarships for you. You can select the ones you like, and we will apply for them on your behalf automatically! That way, you can ensure you’re registered as an applicant for the maximum number of scholarships. As many scholarships are awarded based on a minority or ethnic background—you can earn them without moving a muscle!
DoNotPay is not done helping you! We offer you assistance in completing a variety of tasks quickly and efficiently, such as:
- Simplifying mailing services
- Lowering your property taxes
- Writing letters to your incarcerated loved ones
- Getting your documents notarized
- Taking a passport photo at home
- Demanding gift card cash back
- Signing up for various clinical trials
- Filing insurance and warranty claims
- Getting compensation and refunds from airline companies
- Requesting an item return
- Appealing your parking tickets
If you keep getting charged a monthly subscription fee even though you no longer want to use a certain service, don’t let your money go to waste! Some companies tend to renew your subscription automatically, but that doesn’t mean you have to put up with it—use our app to terminate your membership or subscription in a few clicks!
Do you want to sign up for free trials and create a virtual credit card or a burner phone number to protect your sensitive info? Once you subscribe to DoNotPay, we will walk you through the process of doing all of the above in no time!