How To Get a Volleyball Scholarship—The Ultimate Guide
Many athletes get gift aid based on their contribution to sports. As a volleyball player, you are on the right path of getting away with debt-free studies.
If you want to keep playing the sport you love and work on attaining your degree, you can have the best of both worlds with the help of sport-specific financial aid.
Learn how to get a volleyball scholarship, where to find the best programs, and how DoNotPay can automate your search.
From half a million high school volleyball players, only about 5.8% of them compete in college, and 1% play at the Division I level. To incentivize young athletes, colleges and universities offer specialized scholarships for students who are dedicated to this sport.
The award can cover your full tuition or part of it or provide compensation for your living expenses. How much you’ll need to invest in your studies depends on the location of the school as well. Education costs for out-of-state students are much higher, so the award you receive may not be enough.
When it comes to athletic programs, there are three main governing bodies:
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)—made up of:
- Division I
- Division II
- Division III
- The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)—for two-year community or junior colleges, made up of:
- Division I
- Division II
Here is the basic info regarding college volleyball programs supported by governing bodies:
|Governing Body||Number of Schools||Scholarship Programs||Award|
|NCAA Division I||
|NCAA Division II||
|NCAA Division III||
|NJCAA Division I||
|NJCAA Division II||
||Full tuition coverage|
Numerous schools participate in rewarding volleyball players and funding their studies.
Here are a few top-ranked schools with great teams that volleyball scholarships can get you in:
- Stanford University
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Brigham Young University (BYU)
- Michigan State University
- The University of Texas, Austin
- Southern Methodist University
- The University of Denver
- The University of Florida
If you are determined to take advantage of your talent and score an award, get ready for the application procedures. What you need to do to become a candidate depends on the aid type you want to apply for.
Keep the following tips in mind to maximize your opportunities:
- Browse schools that offer volleyball scholarships and single out the ones you are interested in
- Read each scholarship description with care
- Pay attention to academic and other requirements
- Contact the coaches of the programs you want and let them know of your interest
- Invite college coaches to watch your games
- Uphold specific criteria set by the institutions you will enroll in and play for
- Register with Eligibility Centers of the corresponding association (NCAA or NAIA)
If you have any questions, get in touch with financial aid representatives at your prospective schools or funders of the program.
Keep in mind that not all volleyball programs will cover your college expenses in full.
Think about the specific groups you belong to based on your beliefs, characteristics, financial situation, and so on if you want your search to be more diversified.
Here are some unique scholarship categories that can get you more aid:
|Students with a learning disability||Low-income students||People with anxiety|
|Foster youth||Children of single parents||Christians|
Finding the right scholarships among so many different opportunities is a hassle. If you want to simplify this process, .
You only need to and follow these steps:
- Open the app in a web browser
- Enter Apply for Scholarships in the search bar and select this tool
- Answer our chatbot’s questions
Based on the information about your level of study, grade, and special qualifications—such as being a veteran, nurse, or Native American—we will generate a customized list in a couple of minutes.
You can rely on our nifty app throughout your studies. It will help you surface scholarships for high school seniors, undergraduates, or graduates.
If you find any no-essay scholarships you like, we can apply in your stead!
Completing mundane tasks doesn’t have to be a nightmare! With our help, you can relax and finish them in a few taps! All you need to do is register for DoNotPay and let us help you with:
- Reaching out to embassies and consulates
- Appealing a low or rejected financial aid offer
- Sending refund, late delivery, and FOIA requests
- Contacting incarcerated loved ones
- Appealing property tax assessments
- Gathering paperwork for tourist visas
- Setting up DMV appointments without breaking a sweat
If you need to draft a legal document, such as a divorce settlement agreement, power of attorney, or a child consent form, hiring a lawyer to assist you is probably the first thing that comes to mind. What if we told you that spending hundreds of dollars on services is unnecessary? Not only can DoNotPay draft contracts and agreements in a few minutes, but it is also your most affordable and effortless option!
The benefits our app provides don’t stop there! After we generate your document, we’ll connect you with a remote notary and show you how to get it notarized online without leaving the comfort of your home! You can even fax the document online and skip dealing with outdated fax machines.