Top Tips on How To Get a Football Scholarship
Around 11,000 students get college scholarships from the 254 D1-level and 170 D2-level football teams that offer them every year. If you want to be one of those students, check out this guide to learn how to get a football scholarship that works for you!
You will also find out:
- Where to look for football scholarships
- What the application process entails
- What makes someone eligible for a football scholarship
High school students seeking college football scholarships need to start searching for opportunities as soon as they enter freshman year. If you wait for your senior year to start contacting football teams, the chances are that you’re too late.
Unlike regular scholarships, you need to reach out to numerous football teams on your own to find scholarship opportunities, so it’s best to start your research early. There’s no workaround to that process. If you use a scholarship search tool to search for football scholarships, you will get a list of scholarships for athletes in high school and college and awards for students seeking a degree in coaching.
A good practice is to look for external scholarship opportunities to further reduce your educational costs. Whether you’re a woman, a graduate student, an international student, a dependent of a veteran, or fall under any other student category, DoNotPay can help you find external scholarships to support your athletic career! to get a list of available options based on your qualifications!
To make sure coaches notice and recruit you, you need to meet specific academic and athletic requirements of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the division you want to play in.
To become eligible for recruitment at any college football team, you need to meet the following basic requirements:
- Graduate from high school
- Earn a minimum grade point average in core courses and minimum test scores
- Division 1—2.3 GPA and a 900 SAT or 75 ACT sum score
- Division 2—2.2 GPA and an 840 SAT or 70 ACT sum score
- Division 3—no GPA and test score requirements
- Earn a combined SAT or ACT sum score that matches your core-course grade-point average and sliding scale for each division
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Send test scores to the Eligibility Center
If you ever wondered how to get a D1 scholarship for football, check the following table to learn more about the core classes you need to take to play in your desired division:
To make a football coach notice you, you will need to prepare:
- Your academic information
- A highlights video
- Your best athletic statistics and achievements
- Your contact information
Contacting football team coaches as early as your freshman or sophomore year is vital to getting a football scholarship. You can use various means to keep in touch with your future mentors, including:
- Social media
Some football scholarships offer a full ride, while others don’t. If you’re left with a financial gap after receiving a football scholarship, you can apply for external scholarships and grants to try and cover the remainder of your expenses. In that case, you might need:
- A resume for scholarships
- Letters of recommendation from your mentors
- A scholarship essay or personal statement
- Additional documentation, such as:
- Proof of heritage
- Proof of residency
DoNotPay filters all available scholarships using your qualifications to create a unique list of opportunities for you. Our app can help you learn more about scholarship requirements and the awards you can win.
Are you a prospective or current college football player? If so, you can find opportunities to fill the financial gap left in three simple steps:
- in any web browser
- Enter Apply for Scholarships in the search bar
- Tell us more about your qualifications
Are you tired of completing dozens of identical forms for no-essay scholarships? Don’t fret—our app can handle them automatically! That way, DoNotPay saves you the precious time you need for football practice.
DoNotPay Offers Quick Solutions to Tedious Problems
Are you overwhelmed by your never-ending to-do list? We’re happy to jump in with a perfect solution to deal with everyday tasks the easy way!
If you are looking for further assistance, our app will show you how to deal with the following tasks effortlessly:
- Taking your passport photos at home
- Joining any giveaway or sweepstake
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Stopping annoying email and text spam
- Filing FOIA requests with ease
- Creating legal documents, including powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
If a company refuses to cooperate, use DoNotPay—the world’s first robot lawyer—to sue it in small claims court! Getting the justice you deserve is only a few clicks away!
You can also use our app’s various features to do the following:
- Find unclaimed funds
- Demand refunds
- File warranty claims
- Cash out used gift cards
- Submit insurance claims
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify different mailing services