Homeschooling in WV Can Be an Excellent Option for Your Family
Teaching your child at home can be a life-changing experience for the whole family. All you need is the right information about state laws to know how to get started, what is required, and how much it will cost.
If you’re wondering what you should know about homeschooling in WV, this article outlines the regulations and offers a few practical tips for teaching at home in West Virginia.
If you’re thinking about homeschooling in WV, you have two options to kickstart it:
- Get approval from a school board for homeschooling
- File a notice of intent to homeschool
Check out the table below for more details:
|Get Approval From a School Board for Homeschooling||Submit a Notice of Intent to Homeschool|
Keep in mind that:
Keep in mind that most homeschool parents in WV choose to send a notice of intent because this option:
To fulfill WV homeschooling requirements, you must:
- Keep copies of your child’s education assessment for three years
- Submit the results of the assessment for grades 3, 5, 8, and 11 to the superintendent of your county by June 30
You can create a homeschool portfolio to keep track of your child’s progress. Here’s what your portfolio should include:
- Test results
- Covered instruction
- Samples of your kid’s work
- A list of covered homeschool subjects and topics
If your child is in high school, you might also want to create a homeschool transcript because it will be handy when the time comes for college.
If you choose the second option according to WV homeschooling laws—i.e., filing a homeschool letter of intent—include the following details:
- Your child’s name, age, and address
- A homeschool teacher credentials (a high school diploma is a minimum)
- An outline of your instruction plan together with a statement confirming that your kid will study:
- Social studies
- Confirmation that your student will get an annual assessment in the form of a:
- Nationally normed standardized achievement test
- Standardized test provided in your local school system
- Evaluation by a certified teacher
Keep in mind that you should:
- Send the notice of intent to either the county’s board of education or superintendent of education
- Formally withdraw your child from their current school when you start homeschooling
With so many administrative tasks to handle, you may need some help at the beginning of your homeschool journey. Register for DoNotPay to generate a letter of intent in a matter of minutes!
If you’re not familiar with state and local homeschool regulations, you should turn to DoNotPay.
We know what requirements you need to meet and will ensure your notice of intent ticks all necessary boxes.
Your only task is to:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Choose the Notice of Intent to Homeschool product
- Enter information about your child and yourself
Besides providing a PDF version of the document, DoNotPay can also:
- Help you have the notice of intent notarized online
- Send your letter of intent to the appropriate institution on your behalf
Whatever the reason behind the decision to take your child out of traditional school, teaching at home can be highly beneficial and rewarding, but you should understand that the process is demanding and requires dedication.
Would you like to learn more about homeschooling before you decide? DoNotPay offers definitive answers to many burning questions about home-based education, including:
- What are the best states for homeschooling?
- How many hours a day do you have to teach your child at home?
- Can you switch to homeschooling in the middle of the year?
- Is homeschooling good for a child with anxiety?
- Should you use a DVD homeschool curriculum?
- Why are homeschool co-ops useful?
- How many homeschooled children attend college?
- Should you consider homeschool dual enrollment?
DoNotPay’s robust products can assist you in fighting companies, individuals, and institutions that have wronged you in any way. Once you subscribe to our platform, we’ll ensure that you never have to deal with any of the following again:
- Workplace discrimination
- Stalking and harassment
- Sky-high property taxes
- Copyright infringement
- Spam texts or emails
- Banned accounts
- Parking tickets
- Phone queues
- Item returns
Subscribing to DoNotPay will bring you peace of mind as you won’t have to go through tedious task completion on your own anymore. With our AI-powered app, you can get what’s rightfully yours in the blink of an eye.
If you want to claim warranty or insurance, find your missing assets, get compensated for a canceled flight or a violent crime that you were a victim of, track your missing parcel, or draw up a child travel consent form, divorce settlement agreement, power of attorney, or any other legal document, you can count on us to lend you a helping hand.
Sign up today to get access to the entirety of our product range and forget about dealing with time-consuming and energy-draining chores!