The Practical Guide to Filing the California Homeschool Affidavit
If you’re not sure how to notify the California Department of Education (CDE) of your intent to homeschool in California, don’t worry. In this guide, DoNotPay will provide you with details about the California homeschool affidavit. With this document, you’ll be able to make a smooth transition from a public school to homeschool and start homeschooling your child.
- Create or choose a homeschool curriculum—Plan your budget as curriculums can be pricey, organize homeschool hours, and pick the subjects you’ll teach
- Choose your resources—Schools, homeschooling parents, public libraries, and online resources
- Decide who will homeschool your child—If a parent wants to teach their child, the CDE only requires them to be “capable of teaching” with no educational requirement, such as a teaching certificate. You can also hire someone else to homeschool your child
To homeschool in California, you will have to choose whether you’ll:
- Establish your homeschool as a private school
- Educate your child at home through an independent study program operated by public schools
- Join a private school that offers the Parent Satellite Program (PSP)
Once you have your homeschooling plan in place, you need to submit the Private School Affidavit (PSA) to the CDE. You can fill out a PSA form on the CDE website and file it right away. If you’re unable to submit the document online, you should contact the CDE:
- Via email—email@example.com
- By phone—916-319-0317
The filing period is between October 1st and 15th each year you plan to continue with homeschooling. In case your homeschool is established earlier, you need to wait for the filing period to submit the PSA.
To complete your PSA correctly, you should provide the details listed in the table below:
|Type of Information||Explanation|
|Home school district info and homeschool type||
|Address of the home school||
Besides completing the PSA, you can also write a letter of intent to homeschool. You should send this letter to your school district superintendent to inform them of your plan to homeschool your child. You can also send them a copy of your PSA.
If you’re not sure how to write this letter or don’t have the time, . Our app will create a customized letter of intent to homeschool your child and make sure it meets all the California state requirements.
Even though California is not one of the easiest states to homeschool in, and you may be overwhelmed with all the info and requirements, with DoNotPay’s help, the process will be much simpler.
To save yourself some time, money, and nerves, let our app create the letter of intent to homeschool instead of you.
We will draft this document in no time, and you only have to do the following:
- in your preferred browser
- Open the Notice of Intent to Homeschool feature
- Enter the info about yourself, your child, and your school district
- Click on Sign and Submit
Our app will generate a professional and personalized letter of intent, and you can choose whether you’d like us to send the letter on your behalf or receive it in PDF form so you can print and mail it yourself.
If you have some doubts about whether you should homeschool your child, you can do a quiz to figure it out. DoNotPay also provides you with an opportunity to explore homeschooling even further in our learning base.
- Does homeschooling disadvantage students?
- Can homeschool students attend college?
- Can you start homeschooling in the middle of the year?
- Is homeschooling good or bad?
- Are homeschooled students smarter?
- What is a homeschool portfolio?
- Is homeschool better than an online school?
Our product range doesn’t end there—we can also help you sue anyone in small claims court, cancel any subscription, start a free trial risk-free with our virtual credit card, get refunds and chargebacks, send anything through online fax, pay your utility bills, demand airline compensation, and deal with your annoying neighbors.
As soon as you sign up, we can also put an end to robocalls, copyright infringement, email and text spam, and stalkers and harassers. Our app’s abilities don’t stop there either—get perfect passport photos, free raffle tickets, compensation for victims of crime, or insurance or warranty quickly!
Check out how else we can help—DoNotPay can:
- Help you jump the phone queue when contacting reps
- Keep you up to date with sex offenders in your area
- Check any gift card balance and turn it into cash
- Find any unclaimed assets you may have
- Book a DMV appointment in your stead
- Get any document notarized remotely
- Draw up a financial aid appeal letter
- Get rid of stalkers and harassers
- Stop email and text spam
Sign up now to take advantage of our nifty products!