All the Info About Filing a UNCG Financial Aid Appeal
Even though the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) is not among the State's most costly universities, its tuition is still sky-high for most students. Unless they qualify for a certain form of financial help, they typically cannot afford to pay for their education.
If you are in the same position, read this guide and find out how to make an appeal and get more financial aid.
if writing a UNCG financial aid appeal letter seems like too much hassle, and let our app take care of everything for you! We can even help you figure out how much financial aid you can get and for how many years!
Students at UNC Greensboro who need help paying their tuition can apply for a variety of financial aid options:
- Federal student loans
- Federal grants
- State grants and scholarships
- Federal work-study
- UNCG scholarships
- Outside scholarships
- Emergency aid
- Private loans
Check out the category details in the table below:
|Type of Aid||Explanation||Available Programs||Is FAFSA Required?|
|Federal student loans||They are determined based on the student’s FAFSA report and have to be repaid||
|Federal grants||In general, this type of aid doesn't have to be repaid. The majority of grants are given to students who demonstrate financial need on their FAFSA||
|State grants and scholarships||Intended specifically for North Carolina State residents||
|Federal work-study||Undergraduate students may be eligible for this type of support as part of their overall financial aid package||
|UNCG scholarships||Institutional scholarships designed for students that are enrolled in a certificate or degree program at UNC||
||In most cases|
|Outside scholarships||Scholarships from an outside entity||Reputable outside scholarship sources:
||In some cases|
|Emergency aid||For true financial emergencies||
To qualify for most types of aid at UNCG, students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To be considered for financial aid through the FAFSA, students must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible certificate program or degree
- Take up courses that are necessary for them to complete their certificate or degree
- Make good progress toward earning a certificate or degree
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
Noncitizens who qualify for financial aid at UNCG are:
- Permanent aliens lawfully residing in the U.S.
- Aliens that were granted refugee or asylum status in the U.S.
- Conditional resident aliens with an authorized admission stamp and an I-551 card or MRIV in an unexpired foreign passport
- Cuban-Haitian immigrants
- Victims of human trafficking
- Battered immigrant-qualified aliens
- Aliens paroled into the United States who aim to become citizens or permanent residents and stay in the country for more than a temporary reason
Not all types of students are offered the same aid options. Those eligible for financial aid are divided into the following categories:
- Graduate and undergraduate students
- Students in certificate and licensure programs
- Online students
- Returning students
- Beyond academics students
- Military-affiliated students
To find out more about eligibility for financial aid for each of the student categories mentioned above, visit UNCG’s Eligibility For Student Types page.
To apply for financial aid at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, you should take the following steps:
- Create an FSA ID
- Complete the FAFSA application each academic year (the deadline is October 1–January 15)
- Receive your award notice
- Accept or decline your award
If you were offered an amount that is not sufficient for your needs, don’t forget you have the right to appeal.
If you want to appeal for more financial aid or you faced unforeseen circumstances that resulted in the loss of your financial support, you can submit an SAP appeal that consists of:
- Appeal Form and Success Plan
- Official Documentation
- Explanation Letter
- Graduation Plan Template and Grad Plan 101 instructions (only for juniors and seniors)
If the appeal procedure seems too complicated, you’ve come to the right place. Sign up for our service and avoid all the hassle. DoNotPay will generate and send a personalized appeal letter in minutes!
All you have to do is:
- Select the Appeal for More Financial Aid option
- Tell us which college you want to attend and list other institutions that offered you a higher amount of support (if applicable)
- Provide the required details about your family and finances
If you’d prefer to send the appeal letter yourself, make sure you specify that when completing the questionnaire.
DoNotPay answers any financial-aid-related question you may have, including whether you can get monetary support as a grad school student. Make sure you also check out our financial aid guides for other universities, such as:
Dealing with the law and understanding legal protocols is difficult if you’re not used to doing it on a daily basis. That’s why DoNotPay comes to the rescue!
That’s not all! With us, you can tackle any legal task head-on, no matter how big or small, including:
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Filing for crime victim compensation
- Getting a document notarized online
- Reducing property taxes
- Taking the perfect passport photo
If you love to shop and you want to make the experience as easy and enjoyable as possible, you’re in the right place! DoNotPay provides you with various features that allow you to accomplish just that.
You don’t have to struggle trying to reach customer support or figuring out how to claim a warranty or file an insurance claim by yourself. You can cancel any subscription, sign up for free trials, and discover how to use every last penny from your gift cards in minutes!
In case you made a purchase, but your package is missing, don’t fret! Finding your missing parcel is only a few clicks away.