UCLA Summer Financial Aid—Learning the Basics
If you are not sure whether you can afford to participate in the UCLA summer programs or not, you should apply for UCLA summer financial aid. The funds you receive should cover the expenses of attending a summer program of your choice.
If UCLA rejects your aid application, you can use our app to appeal the university’s decision. Sign up for DoNotPay and write an appeal letter quickly and without hassle!
During the summer, UCLA offers several educational programs you can apply for:
|Summer Cross Campus||
|Summer Travel Program||
|College Summer Institute||
You can apply for aid that covers the cost—including fees and living expenses—of any of these programs. The amount of summer financial aid at UCLA depends on the number of units and sessions you will attend.
While planning which UCLA summer program to enroll in, you should also consider the type of aid you want to apply for. You can choose among:
- Work-study program
UCLA awards federal and private loans for eligible students enrolled in summer programs. If you are applying for this type of financial aid, here is what you can expect:
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loans—This is need-based financial aid. The repayment for this loan starts six months after you graduate
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans—This is financial aid available to all undergraduate students, whether they are in financial need or not
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS—This loan is available for students’ parents with good credit repayment histories
- Private Loans—These loans are reserved for students who already received the maximum amount of federal loans and still need additional funds
Unfortunately, graduate students are not eligible for UCLA summer loans.
If you would rather apply for the aid that you don’t have to pay back, you should take a look at the UCLA summer grants:
|Type of Grant||Explanation|
The UCLA work-study is available for eligible students who complete their FAFSA application on time. This program enables students to earn money for their college expenses by working part-time. This is federal financial aid with a maximum award of $1,800.
To make sure summer financial aid covers your financial needs, you can use the Summer Financial Aid Calculator.
The calculator establishes awards based on available funds and the information you provide in the FAFSA application. To receive accurate information about the amount you can get, you should make sure all information on your FAFSA application is correct.
The calculator will produce a result based on the assumption that you have good academic standing and haven’t reached maximum limits on state and federal funding.
You can apply for the UCLA summer financial aid by following these simple steps:
- Fill out and submit a FAFSA or Dream application— March 2nd is the application deadline
- Fill out Summer Aid Application via MyUCLA profile—Deadlines depend on the summer program you wish to attend
- Submit additional documentation—In case you need to add some supplemental documentation, post your request on MyUCLA Financial Aid Document Tracking, and you will be notified via email about the results
Did you apply for the UCLA summer financial aid on time and with all necessary documentation, but the university still didn’t consider you an eligible candidate? You can appeal the university’s decision with a well-drafted appeal letter!
You will not have to waste the time and energy on choosing the right words. DoNotPay will help you generate an appeal letter in a few clicks.
All you have to do is:
- Use any browser to log in to your DoNotPay account
- Find the Appeal for More Financial Aid product
- Provide some basic information
When you complete this process, DoNotPay will create a tailor-made appeal letter and even send it to UCLA on your behalf!
UCLA is one of many universities DoNotPay can help you with. Check out what applying for financial aid at some of the renowned colleges in the U.S. entails:
Bureaucracy is a big part of our lives that we can’t escape. We understand the struggle over at DoNotPay—that’s why we’ve created various features that can help you out! The world’s first robot-lawyer app can assist you with:
- Faxing documents online
- Appealing parking tickets
- Accessing public records
- Scheduling DMV appointments
- Fighting discrimination in the workplace
- Getting documents notarized
- Getting gift card cash backs
- Reaching out to customer support
- Returning damaged or wrong items
- Creating various legal documents
- Getting copyright protection
- Paying your bills
DoNotPay’s number of handy features keeps growing by the day. Our platform can help you with various issues ranging from filing insurance claims to finding clinical trials. Want to save money on unused subscriptions? DoNotPay has got your back! We can help you cancel them and fight any subscription spam email that you get. Your AI assistant can also get you free raffle tickets or find any missing money in no time!