All NJIT Financial Aid Info You Need in One Place
Like at many other prestigious universities and graduate schools, the tuition fees at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) are quite high. Luckily, the institution provides more than $100 million in financial aid to its students, helping 92% of regular students continue their education.
If this is your preferred college, but you aren’t sure if you have enough money to cover all the expenses, ! Find out how to apply for any type of NJIT financial aid and appeal the rejected application or a low support offer with our app!
Here’s a detailed overview of all the available financial aid options provided by NJIT and the amounts you can get within each program:
|Grants||Federal Pell Grant||$639 to $6,345|
|Educational Opportunity Fund||
|Tuition Aid Grant||$2,588 to $11,428|
|Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)||$200 to $1,000|
|Highlander Student Emergency Fund Application||Up to $500|
|Loans||Subsidized Federal Direct Loans||
|Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans||
|Graduate PLUS Loans||Unavailable online|
|Scholarships||Governor’s Urban Scholarship||$1,000|
|New Jersey World Trade Center Scholarship||Unavailable online|
|Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Scholarship||Unavailable online|
|Veterans Scholarships||Unavailable online|
|National Merit Scholarship||Full amount necessary for tuition and other additional fees|
|Honors Merit Award||Full amount necessary for tuition and other additional fees|
|Honors Residential Scholarship||From $500 to the full room and board cost|
|Student employment||Federal Work-Study||Variable|
|Other types of aid||Military Benefits||Variable|
|Summer & Winter Financial Aid||Variable|
To file a valid financial aid application, you must:
- Check if you qualify for the program—Besides meeting the general financial aid eligibility criteria, you must comply with other basic requirements for a particular financial aid option
- Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—It’s a special form including various questions regarding your family’s income, expenses, and other financial circumstances. This document is your ticket to most NJIT financial support programs. In other words, once you complete and submit it, you will be taken into consideration for all available aid options
- Revise your Student Aid Report (SAR)—This is the second most important document for the application process, and you will get it a couple of days after submitting your FAFSA form. Its purpose is to help you revise all the information you provided in the form and ensure there aren’t any errors that could make the institution decline your application
- Wait for NJIT to make a decision—The institute will calculate your financial need by determining the difference between:
- Cost of Attendance (COA)
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
Based on the result, the university can approve your request and send you an official financial aid offer or reject your application if you don’t meet the necessary criteria.
|Phone (mainline)||(973) 596-3479|
|NJIT - Student Mall
Newark, NJ 07102
NJIT financial aid office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Composing an appeal letter can be tricky and quite time-consuming. If even the thought of doing it on your own makes you anxious, we have a solution! DoNotPay can generate a customized letter with all the necessary details and help you request more financial aid money!
All you should do is answer a few of our chatbot’s questions about your finances, and our app will do the rest of the work!
Here’s what you need to do:
- and sign in to your account
- Look for the Appeal for More Financial Aid option
- Tell us to which college you want to go and what colleges offered you a higher sum than that one—if there are any
- Enter the requested information about your income and family
After completing these steps, we will generate your request and send it where necessary! By using the Appeal for More Financial Aid, you won’t need to:
- Spend hours on manual drafts
- Explain the situation in your own words
- Waste money on paying someone to write the letter for you
Our learning base contains dozens of articles describing how financial aid works at other universities, such as:
Whether you need help with preparing for government tests, online faxing, or getting your documents notarized—DoNotPay will be able to help! Whatever problem you’re facing, we’ll turn it into a breeze!
The beauty of our platform is that besides bureaucratic issues, it can also assist you with numerous other struggles! To name a few, we can help you:
- Deal with inconsiderate neighbors
- Claim warranties
- Fight discrimination at your workplace
- Create passport photos
- Keep yourself safe from sex offenders
- Get cash back for gift cards
- Draft a consent letter for your child's travel
- Stay safe from stalking and harassment
- Mail letters hassle-free
- Connect with your locked up loved ones
The list could go on for days!