Notarize Documents Without Wasting Money on a Mobile Notary in Sacramento
To avoid the tiresome and complicated traditional notarization process, many Sacramento citizens rely on traveling notaries even though they are more expensive. Since California prohibits remote notarization, hiring a mobile notary in Sacramento can be convenient, but is it really necessary?
DoNotPay is here to explain all about online notarization and help you get your documents notarized in a few clicks. Sign up for DoNotPay to get connected with an online notary in a matter of minutes!
What Does a Mobile Notary Do?
Mobile notaries are officials authorized to travel from one location to another to perform notarial acts, such as:
- Administering oaths and affirmations
- Certifying copies of personal documents
- Taking acknowledgments
- Notarizing proofs of execution
While standard Sacramento notaries work solely from their offices, mobile notaries can come to your home, office, or any other location, including jails, hospitals, and restaurants. Traveling notaries require in-person presence during notarization.
The mobile notary you hire has to:
- Check your passport, driver’s license, or any other valid identification document to verify your identity
- Determine your competence and willingness by asking you whether you’re:
- Familiar with the contents of the document you’re about to sign
- Singing the document voluntarily
- Ensure you’re of sound mind
- Review your document to make sure it’s complete
- Witness your signature
- Write a notarial certificate
- Sign and place his or her official stamp on the document
The notary must refuse to notarize your document if:
- You don't appear in front of him or her
- They notice fraudulent behavior
- You don’t have an ID
- The notary suspects you’re:
- Forced to sign the document
- Mentally incapacitated
- Your document has missing pages or blank spaces
Which Documents Can a Mobile Notary Notarize?
Most people hire mobile notaries for their real estate loan documents, but traveling notaries can handle any type of document that requires notarization, including:
- Car titles
- Power of attorney forms
- Copies of documents (e.g., diplomas, passports, driver’s license, and similar)
- Living wills
- Bills of sale
- Business contracts
How Much Can Mobile Notaries in Sacramento Charge?
The State of California imposes the limit on notary fees in all counties and cities. Sacramento notaries can’t charge more than:
- $30 for taking depositions + $7 when administering the oath and $7 for the certificate
- $15 per signature regardless of other notary acts
While the maximum fee for standard notary services is limited, notaries can determine prices for postage, travel expenses, and similar independently.
Notaries must inform each client about the fees before setting up an appointment. As a client, you have the right to call multiple mobile notaries public in Sacramento and ask about their prices to make an informed decision.
Is Hiring a Mobile Notary the Most Convenient Option?
While booking an appointment with a mobile notary is practical because it saves you a lot of time, it can also be super expensive. Remote notarization is a much better solution because it:
- Enables you to get your documents notarized without appearing before the notary in person
- Is a more affordable option
- Allows you to handle document notarization whenever and wherever you want
All online notary platforms work in the same way. They connect you with a remote notary who verifies your identity and witnesses the signing of the document via a video call.
Some states allow online notarization either permanently or only during the COVID-19 pandemic. California prohibits online notarization, but its residents have the right to get their documents notarized remotely by an out-of-state notary.
Get Your Contracts Notarized in Under Three Minutes With DoNotPay!
Even if you live in Sacramento, Anaheim, San Diego, or any other city in California, you can have your documents notarized remotely by registering for DoNotPay. We will connect you with an online notary from a state that allows remote notarization, such as:
With us, you can get any document notarized using nothing but your computer or smartphone. To take care of document notarization effortlessly, access your DoNotPay account and do the following:
- Pick the Notarize Any Document product
- Upload your document
- Provide your email address
- Open the email from DoNotPay
- Click on the link to book a virtual meeting with a notary
The table below shows why DoNotPay should be your choice each time you need to get your contracts notarized in Sacramento:
|Online notarization with DoNotPay||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Want To Draw Up Legal Documents Quickly? Rely on DoNotPay!
DoNotPay enables you to complete multiple administrative tasks with zero effort. We can help you create numerous legal documents and get them notarized right away with the same AI-powered assistant. These are some contracts you can draw up quickly with DoNotPay:
- Non-compete agreements
- Prenuptial agreements
- Operating agreements
- Child custody agreements
- Lease agreements
Save Some Coins With DoNotPay
Next time you want to register for a free trial, prevent unexpected costs with our virtual credit card. Once the trial is over, you’ll be unsubscribed right away because our virtual credit card doesn’t contain any money. We will also generate a random email address you can use if you want to protect your privacy and avoid spam marketing emails.
DoNotPay Can Help You Earn Money Too
DoNotPay users can save hundreds of dollars thanks to our app, but did you know that we can help you earn a few bucks as well? Our app enables you to claim missing money under your name or file your application for paid clinical trials in less than five minutes.