A Comprehensive Guide to Miami Dade College Financial Aid
Students looking for top-level degrees won’t make a mistake if they apply for Miami Dade College, but the price, which can reach $32,638 for out-of-state students, can be a dealbreaker for some.
Luckily, the Miami Dade College financial aid program can help you overcome your financial hurdles, and we’re here to explain how it works, how to apply for it, and how to if it doesn’t work for you!
Make sure to submit your application in a timely manner to secure maximum financial aid. The deadlines for financial aid applications are:
- May 31 for MDC scholarship applications
- June 30 for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Work-study programs
|Category||Grant||Amount and Duration|
|Federal||Federal Pell Grant||Up to $6,495 per year for a maximum of six years|
|Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)||Up to $4,000 per year for a maximum of six years|
|Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH Grant)||Up to $4,000 per year for a maximum of:
|State||First Generation Matching Grant||
|Florida Student Assistance Grant||N/A|
|José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant||Up to $2,000 per year for a maximum of four years|
|Honorably Discharged Graduate Assistance Program||$50 for a maximum of 20 days during the academic year|
Keep in mind that the maximum duration refers to how long you can receive the grant if you renew your financial aid application each academic year.
Some of the available scholarships the College offers include:
- St. John Community Development Corporation Scholarship
- Watermark Scholarship
- Army ROTC Scholarships
- Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund
- UNCF Scholarships
- Publix Tuition Reimbursement
- Miami Bayside Foundation/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
Miami Dade College students that are seeking employment opportunities can opt for one of the following work-study programs:
- Federal Work-Study
- Community Service
- Florida Work Experience (FWEP)
- Institutional Work-Study
If all previous types of aid did not suffice and you still have substantial student contributions, you can borrow the following loans at Miami Dade College:
- Direct Subsidized Loans
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Direct PLUS Loans
In the academic year 2020/2021, Miami Dade College awarded:
- 83% of first-year MDC students with an average financial aid package value of $11,256
- 5,530 first-year students with federal grants, averaging $5,851 per person
- 1,772 first-year students with scholarships, averaging $2,458 per person
To apply for Miami Dade College financial aid, prospective students must complete their FAFSA and include a federal school code. The code you need to include depends on the campus you choose. Check the following list for all Miami Dade College campuses and their federal school codes:
If you need assistance with your application, you can contact Miami Dade College Financial Aid Office by sending an email with your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require more aid due to unfortunate circumstances, you can appeal the school’s decision by submitting a Changes in Eligibility form using your Miami Dade College student account. The school will be more likely to reconsider your financial aid application and offer more aid if you include a convincing financial aid appeal letter, and we can help you write one in a matter of moments!
If you can’t enroll at Miami Dade College without more aid, request it in three simple steps:
- Search for Appeal for More Financial Aid
- Answer a few questions about your financial aid application and include offers you got from other schools
After you complete all steps, you will receive a custom-made appeal letter to send to Miami Dade College! If you want, we can also send the letter on your behalf.
Did Miami Dade College not meet your expectations regarding financial aid? Whether you’re applying to undergraduate or graduate schools, we can help you explore other options and their financial aid programs, such as:
Tedious administrative tasks are always headache-inducing, but they don’t have to be if you use DoNotPay. With our AI-powered app, you will be able to:
- File insurance and warranty claims easily
- Get compensation from airline companies
- Appeal parking tickets anywhere in the U.S.
- Get refunds and chargebacks from various companies
- Schedule appointments at the DMV
- File FOIA requests
- Fight discrimination at your workplace
DoNotPay is an AI assistant that is able to solve almost all issues you’re facing. Whether that be your noisy neighbors, the annoying text and email spam you’re receiving, or the frustrating robocalls that won’t leave you alone. We’ll even cancel your unneeded subscriptions and get you a few extra bucks you’ve been cheated out of.
The world’s first robot lawyer app can help you get:
- Compensation if you’re a victim of crime
- In touch with your locked-up relatives
- Your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- A temporary phone number to ensure your privacy
- Unclaimed money
- College fee waivers
- Virtual credit cards for avoiding scams
- Tailor-made divorce settlement agreements