Affording Education Made Easy With Scholarships for Moms
If you have children, then you know how parenting can put your life and education on hold. Affording college is a challenging task on its own, but the situation becomes even trickier when you are a mother.
While scholarships created explicitly for mothers exist, they usually fall under either awards for adults returning to school or financial aid for female students. If you’re a teenage mom or over 40 years old, don’t be discouraged, as there is a scholarship for every student category imaginable.
Here are some ideas to help you understand how you can qualify for more scholarships:
- Yours, your spouse’s, or your parent’s veteran status could help you secure more aid
- Scholarships for your field of study can provide significant financial relief. Many associations, especially in STEM fields, offer generous financial support to women as they are underrepresented
- Every school offers institutional awards, often dedicating a part of available funding to scholarships for moms going back to school
- Various scholarships and grants are available for students of different ethnicities
- Religious groups, such as Christian, Muslim, or Jewish ones, for example, often offer financial aid for their supporters
- Your company might offer support for working moms as well as single parents in the form of scholarships
Before looking for awards elsewhere, call the financial aid consultant at your school to ask about institutional scholarships for moms returning to college.
Other resources that lead moms to scholarships include:
Application requirements are different for every award, but most entail that you need to submit a:
For both applications, it’s crucial to include your school’s federal code. That way, your school receives your request and creates a financial aid package for you.
Some scholarships might require you to put in extra effort and submit additional documentation, such as:
- Your resume or college transcript
- An essay or personal statement
- A letter of recommendation from your mentor or teaching staff at your school
If you don’t have the time to bother applying for scholarships that require more work, no-essay ones are an easy way to get additional financial support. Because so many of them are available, keeping track and applying for each can be time-consuming.
That’s why you should try DoNotPay! Our app offers a feature that allows you to apply for no-essay scholarships automatically when they appear, saving you precious time and energy!
Take a look at the following table to learn about some of the best scholarships for moms:
|Scholarship||Who Is This Scholarship For?|
|The Jeannette Rankin Foundation Scholarship Program||Low-income women over the age of 35 looking to return to college|
|Society of Women Engineers||Moms attending an ABET or CSAB baccalaureate or accredited graduate program to pursue a career in STEM|
|The R.O.S.E. Scholarship||Women seeking empowerment and support after surviving abuse or other hardships|
|The Health Corps Scholarship||Moms interested in earning an undergraduate degree in the following fields:|
|The AARP Foundation||Mothers who are having family-related issues and financial difficulties that deter them from returning to school|
|Patsy Takemoto Mink Memorial Scholarship for Low Income Women and Children||Moms with low-income jobs|
|The Denny's Single Parent Student Scholarship||Mothers with Hispanic backgrounds|
|Brookhaven Women in Science||Single moms looking to complete a degree in:
You receive a list of scholarships created according to your qualifications and preferences. The list updates frequently, so you don’t miss out on any opportunities that show up!
The best part is, if you go for a no-essay scholarship, you can apply through our app.
To secure funding that will enable you to complete your degree:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Enter Apply for Scholarships in the search bar
- Answer a few brief questions about your field and level of study and any other special circumstances that would make you qualify for scholarships
After completing all steps, your list will be waiting for you to:
- Compare scholarship awards
- Learn about the requirements of different scholarships
- Submit individual applications at your own pace by answering another set of questions for each scholarship you apply for
If you’re on a tight schedule and you can’t afford to spend hours running errands, DoNotPay steps in with a perfect solution! You can skip going to the post office to request an item return or visiting a notary public to get your documents notarized—Our app will help you get it all done without going anywhere!
Visiting your local Walmart to have your passport photo taken is unnecessary since DoNotPay can help you get it at home!
Consult the list below to see what other tasks you can complete using our app:
- Send letters to your incarcerated loved ones
- Request gift card cash back
- Contest parking tickets
- Sign up for various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Lower your property taxes
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Simplify mailing services
Companies tend to keep charging their clients monthly subscription fees automatically if they don’t end their subscriptions. Stop wasting money on forgotten memberships—DoNotPay will show you how to terminate your subscription in a few clicks!