Avoid Hiring a Notary in San Clemente and Choose Online Notarization
If you live in San Clemente, California, you can get legal documents—such as deeds, affidavits, or powers of attorney—notarized in person. The two available choices include visiting a local notary’s office or hiring a mobile notary.
If none of these options sound appealing to you, there is another way—hiring an out-of-state online notary.
DoNotPay will explain what it means to hire a notary in San Clemente and why online notarization is the way to go!
Duties of a Notary Public in San Clemente
All notaries in San Clemente are authorized by California law to perform the following acts:
- Take acknowledgments
- Administer oaths and affirmations
- Certify copies
- Take depositions
- Complete proofs of execution
- Notarize signatures on legal documents and immigration papers
Notaries in San Clemente have to complete specific steps before notarizing your document. Their job is to prevent fraud from taking place during the signing. They ensure lawful notarization by:
- Meeting you personally to complete the process
- Checking your ID to confirm your identity
- Asking you a series of questions to assess your mental state and awareness of the document’s content
- Determining if you are signing the document of your own free will
- Glancing over the document to make sure there are no blank spaces or missing pages
- Watching you sign the document
If everything checks out, the notary will complete the notarial certificate, sign it, and place a seal. They will also make an entry in a notary journal detailing every step of the process—including the fee, type of notarization, and the ID used for identification.
What Does Notarization in San Clemente Entail?
If you choose to get your documents notarized in person, you will have to complete the steps described in the table below:
|Steps for the In-Person Notarization||Description|
Find a local notary
|You can try locating a notary public by visiting local places, such as:
They typically have an in-house notary, but it doesn’t hurt to call them ahead and check.
Another option is to visit notary search websites, including:
Make sure to adjust the filters for finding regular and mobile notaries
|Schedule an appointment||Traditional notaries have limited working hours. That can lead to conflicting schedules between you and the notary, which causes a delay in setting up an appointment.
Mobile notaries are more flexible and can visit you even on the weekends
|Meet with the notary||If you choose the traditional method, you are required to visit the local notary’s office at the agreed time. Mobile notaries will travel to meet with you at any sensible location, such as your home, office, or a coffee shop|
|Pay the fee||California sets a cap on notary fees, but mobile notaries charge for travel expenses on top of regular fees|
|Complete the process||The notary witnesses you signing the document in person. Since getting documents notarized in person during the COVID-19 pandemic can be inconvenient, notaries and clients have to:
Why Is Online Notarization the Best Choice?
Many U.S.states have embraced remote online notarization as a permanent solution. Some of those states are:
Since California doesn’t allow its notaries to perform online notarizations, you can find and hire an out-of-state online notary. Better yet—subscribe to DoNotPay, and let us find one for you in a flash!
Online notarization offers perks you won’t get with other notary services, including:
- Practicality—All you need to get documents notarized online is a strong internet connection and a digital device. You can complete the procedure on a video call with the notary
- Document security—The notary will notarize your document with an encrypted electronic signature and stamp, which minimizes the chances of subsequent document alterations
- Speed—Scheduling an appointment is fast since online notaries are available 24/7
- Safety—You won’t have to risk your health in these dangerous times by meeting the notary in person
DoNotPay Is Your Ticket to Smooth Notarization
If online notarization ticks all your boxes, subscribing to our AI-driven app is the way to go.
We will streamline the notarization process by connecting you with an online notary and helping you schedule an appointment.
To start the procedure, subscribe to DoNotPay and follow these steps:
- Select the Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload the document you want to have notarized
- Type in your email address
Soon after completing these steps, you will receive a link. Follow it to schedule an appointment with an online notary. The rest is simple—meet them at the agreed time and complete the notarization.
Learn About DoNotPay’s Awesome Products!
DoNotPay is a multifunctional app that can solve numerous everyday challenges swiftly.
We have created many useful products to help our users take care of their issues through the same app. With us, you can:
- Request a refund for:
- File a claim with the small claims court or your insurance and warranty providers
- Write any legal documents—including child travel consent statements—without wasting money on a lawyer
DoNotPay Connects You With Your Loved Ones
Sending letters to inmates can be difficult since you have to follow certain rules to a T to avoid having your letter rejected. The situation is even more complicated if you don’t know where your incarcerated loved one serves time. DoNotPay’s app can help you locate prisoners and correspond with them without worrying whether you’re breaking any rules.
Do you want to send a letter, but you don’t feel like heading over to a post office? By using our mailing service, you can mail as many letters as you want from the comfort of your home. With DoNotPay, you can also send online faxes in under five minutes!
Email and text spam is something that everyone experiences at least once in their lives. DoNotPay has a solution for that too. Access your DoNotPay account and count on us to help you block spam and get compensation by reporting pesky robocalls.