Use California Notary Search To Have Your Documents Notarized
Searching for a notary in California doesn’t have to be difficult if you know where to look. You don’t have to browse various websites to find a local notary. DoNotPay can show you the tricks for a California notary search and help you finish the whole process without a hassle!
Learn different methods of getting documents notarized in California and check out our recommendation for the best one!
When Should You Look for a Notary in California?
Many documents—such as wills, deeds, affidavits, and powers of attorney—require a notary’s signature. You can also benefit from notarizing other legal documents because notarization provides extra security in case of legal disputes.
A notary in California can also perform the following services:
- Take an acknowledgment
- Protest notes or bills of exchange
- Administer an oath
- Take a statutory declaration
- Provide notice of foreign drafts
Notarization Methods in California
Before starting the search, you should get familiar with different notarization methods in California. If you opt for a traditional method, you should:
- Find a local notary
- Schedule an appointment
- Head to the notary’s office
- Pay a fee
- Sign the document in the notary’s presence
- Collect the notarized document
Make sure to follow the notary’s instructions carefully. Any mistake, such as forgetting to bring an ID or signing the document in advance, can cause you to repeat the process from the beginning.
Another option is to choose a mobile notary. Traveling notaries have more flexible business hours and will come to you at an agreed time. The only downside is the price. Mobile notaries charge for travel expenses, which can be significant.
How To Perform a California Notary Public Search Online
If you want to locate a notary in your area, you can use an online database. Some of these websites contain customers’ comments about the quality of the notary’s service. The most reliable California notary search platforms are:
- Yelp—You have to type in the desired location in the search box and click on the search button. The website will display the list of local notaries with comments and ratings from customers
- 123notary.com—This website allows you to search the local notary by city, county, ZIP code, and alphabetically. You can narrow down your search even further to find a 24-hour notary, mobile notary, etc. The website will display detailed information on all available notaries that match your search preferences
- California Secretary of State—You can access the information on local notaries by clicking on the Notary Public Listing option. The details include notary’s names, email addresses, and commission expiration dates
- American Society of Notaries—The website displays notaries’ contact information according to the ZIP code you enter
- American Association of Notaries—You can perform the search by the ZIP code, city, county, or name. Click on the notary’s name to access the contact information
- California Notary Public Search—The website offers search by city, county, ZIP code, and name. Click on one of the listed items to access the notary’s name and phone number
Search for a California Notary in Your Area
Many businesses offer notarial services to their customers and the general public. Take a look at the most common places in your area where you can find a notary:
- AAA offices
- Photocopy shops
- UPS stores
- Law firms
- Colleges and universities
- Accountant offices
- Real estate firms
- Auto tag and license service centers
Before heading to one of these locations, make sure to check if they have a notary on site and what kinds of documents they are allowed to notarize.
Can You Get Your Documents Notarized Online in California?
While many states have allowed permanent or temporary online notarization, California isn’t one of them. The state endorses the use of mobile notaries in the face of the COVID-19 outbreak. Citizens who want their documents notarized remotely can use out-of-state online notary services.
The process requires you to:
- Schedule an online appointment with the notary
- Meet the notary online at the agreed time
- Get the document notarized in a virtual environment
Get Your Documents Notarized Online With DoNotPay
Online notarization is far more practical than any other method. You can meet the notary on a video call and finish the entire process from the comfort of your home. Our app will schedule the appointment for you. All you have to do is:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload the contract you’d like to have notarized
- Enter your email address
Once you receive a link from us, click on it and confirm the appointment with the online notary. After you e-sign the document, the notary will provide an electronic signature and stamp.
Use Our Other Features at the Same Price!
We can generate personalized contracts and agreements that meet state-specific requirements. Check out some of the contracts and agreements you can draw up with our help:
|Type of Documents||Detailed List|
Forget About Bureaucracy With DoNotPay
There’s no end to what our app can help you do. From drafting legal documents and asking for bill extensions and reducing property taxes to connecting with an inmate in a federal prison and contesting parking citations, DoNotPay can handle it all and cut through the red tape.
Need to pass a government test? Use our practice tests database to nail it. Looking to file an insurance claim? You’ve come to the right place. College applications drained your accounts? Request college fee waivers with our assistance.
The DoNotPay app is so versatile that it can easily locate any unclaimed funds under your name or any clinical trials that you’re eligible to participate in. We can also schedule DMV appointments and take care of your small claims court documents.
Check Out What Else DoNotPay Has in Store
DoNotPay never stops upping the game. You can explore some of our latest features and see how you can access public records, receive free online fax, submit a warranty claim, or get compensation if you were a victim of a crime.
Alternatively, check out some of our most popular products that aim to reclaim your funds—from getting airline flight compensation and submitting refund and chargeback claims to canceling your unused subscriptions and getting class action cash from email, text, and robocall scammers.