How To Claim an Extended Warranty for Used Cars
An extended car warranty is a warranty plan you can purchase to ensure coverage of repairs and replacements of certain parts of your vehicle. The extended warranty covers a specific period or mileage and extends beyond the limited manufacturer warranty.
If you’re wondering whether an extended warranty for both new and used cars is worth it, we will help you make a decision and show you how to claim your warranty in five steps.
What Does an Extended Warranty Cover on a Used Car?
When looking for extended warranty companies, you need to be careful. The majority of extended warranty plans don’t cover the same parts that your original manufacturer warranty does. In most cases, extended warranties don’t even cover new tires, new brakes, oil change, etc.
You’ll know you’ve found the right extended warranty plan if it includes:
- Repair and replacement coverage
- Gas delivery
- Diagnostic fee coverage
- Rental car services
- Roadside assistance
- Trip interruption service
Are Extended Warranties on Used Cars Worth It?
There are plenty of divided opinions on whether extended warranties on used cars are worth it.
Check out the pros and cons in the table below:
|Why You Should Buy an Extended Warranty
|Why You Shouldn’t Buy an Extended Warranty
DoNotPay Will Help You Claim an Extended Warranty on a Used Car
Our app is here to do all the tedious administrative work for you.
With DoNotPay, you’ll be able to file a warranty claim in under five minutes without leaving home, talking on the phone, and holding for customer service agents.
All you need to do is open DoNotPay in any and do the following:
- Find the Claim Warranty option
- Select Car Warranty section
- Provide the name of your extended warranty provider
- Provide information about issues you’re experiencing with your vehicle
- Click on Submit My Claim
DoNotPay will generate a claim using all the information you provided, and the company will get in touch with you directly.
You can also check out what to do if your dealer refuses to cancel your extended warranty in DoNotPay’s Learning Center.
We will help you claim warranties from the following companies:
- General Motors
- Mercedes Benz
- AAA Club Alliance
If a Company Rejects Your Claim, We Will File an Appeal on Your Behalf
Don’t worry if your extended warranty provider denies your claim—DoNotPay will file an appeal in your name. You won’t need to waste your precious time on collecting all the paperwork and taking it to your warranty provider. We’ll do it for you and submit it online.
All you have to do is:
- Click on the Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim option in the Claim Warranty feature
- Select Extended Warranty Provider
- Provide the original warranty claim
- Tap on Submit
DoNotPay will generate an appeal and file it for you. After we submit the appeal, your warranty provider will contact you to discuss your case.
How Else Can DoNotPay Make Your Day?
Aside from helping you claim car warranties, DoNotPay can help you with your home warranty too. See how to claim your home warranties in America from various companies, like BFS, Amazon, Nations, Costco, iBEX, Super, TotalProtect, and others. If you need additional help to choose the best home warranty, check out the home warranty reviews.
DoNotPay is your ticket out of legal and administrative issues. You can find out what other problems we can solve for you by accessing DoNotPay from any .
Use DoNotPay to find out how to:
- Claim all types of warranties
- Jump the phone queue when contacting a customer service agent
- Get rid of spam texts on any device
- Cover the bills you can't currently pay
- Schedule a DMV appointment in the blink of an eye
- Bypass phone number verification using a fake phone number
- Avoid traffic citations
- Find your missing money
- Terminate subscriptions and memberships
- Protect your work from copyright violation
- Report robocalls and get money off them
- Solve credit card problems
- Start free trials without leaving your payment info
- Contact your incarcerated loved ones
- Appeal parking tickets
- Get a refund or compensation from airline companies
- Get justice in small claims court
- Get rid of spam emails forever
- Request a refund from any company
- Protect yourself and your loved ones from stalking and harassment
- Have college application fees waived in a flash
- Fight speeding citations
- Participate in all types of clinical trials