Fast-Track the Process of Filing a GM Extended Warranty Claim
General Motors or GM is a vehicle manufacturing company, bringing us cars such as the GMC, Buick, Cadillac, and Chevrolet. Aside from the limited or bumper-to-bumper car warranty, GM offers an extended warranty.
This warranty is not the typical extended warranty that starts once the manufacturer warranty ends—it is an opportunity to extend the existing warranty of your car.
What Does a General Motors Extended Warranty Cover?
You can only get GM’s extended warranty at the time of purchase of your new car. The coverage, pricing, and warranty period may vary depending on the vehicle:
Extended Warranty Period
|Extended Warranty Covers||Extended Warranty Doesn’t Cover|
Five years or 60,000 miles
|Buick||Five years or 60,000 miles||
|Cadillac||Six years or 70,000 miles||Exchange or repair of components that broke down due to material or workmanship defects|
|Chevrolet||Five years or 60,000 miles|
How Much Does a GM Extended Warranty Cost?
The cost of a GM extended warranty ranges between $1000 and $2000. The exact price of your warranty depends on various factors, such as:
- Coverage length
- The year, model, and mileage of your car
How To Claim General Motors Extended Warranties
You have a few options to file a GM extended warranty claim—use DoNotPay, call to schedule, or make an appointment in person.
If you want to reach out to local GM-authorized car service, find its address and contact information on the respective dealer locator web pages:
Submit an Extended GM Warranty Claim Using DoNotPay
You don’t have to search for your local car service and check multiple websites. We have all you need to file a GM extended warranty claim!
Once you open DoNotPay in a , do the following:
- Select our Claim Warranty feature
- Click on Car Warranty
- Answer a few questions about your car and the warranty
- Tap on Submit My Claim
DoNotPay will contact the service, and they will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.
Even if you own a used car with an extended warranty, we’ll help!
Appeal Your Denied GM Car Warranty Claim With DoNotPay
If GM rejects your warranty claim, you don’t have to settle! Some companies deny claims the first time around. What you can do is appeal your original warranty claim, and we’ll help you along the way!
Here’s how to do it:
- Access DoNotPay from your
- Navigate to the Claim Warranty feature
- Choose Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Answer a few questions about GM and the original warranty claim
- Click on Submit
DoNotPay Keeps Numerous Issues at Bay
Do you want to get rid of your extended warranty? There is conflicting info online about people not being able to cancel extended warranties because they are essentially prolonged manufacturer warranties. No worries—we know how to deal with a dealer refusing to cancel your extended warranty.
Are you also considering getting a home warranty? DoNotPay’s home warranty reviews will help you find the best home warranties in America and make an informed decision. We’ll also assist you in claiming your home warranty in no time!
Open DoNotPay in your , and we’ll be your virtual assistant for many other tasks, such as:
- Terminating any of your subscriptions or memberships
- Getting rid of spam text messages
- Keeping safe from stalking and harassment
- Contesting your traffic tickets
- Filing and appealing a claim for any warranty
- Handling issues with your credit card
- Protecting your work from copyright infringement
- Starting free trials without revealing your credit card info
- Registering on different services without phone verification
- Waiving college application fees
- Filing lawsuits in small claims court
- Stopping spam emails forever
- Getting refunds from different companies quickly
- Skipping the call waiting when contacting customer support
- Applying for clinical trials in your area
- Blocking irritating robocalls
- Finding any unclaimed funds you may have
- Managing your unpaid bills
- Requesting a refund and compensation for a delayed or canceled flight
- Making a DMV appointment fast
- Appealing your speeding tickets
- Fighting your parking tickets
- Getting in touch with your loved ones in jail