Learn What the Best Home Warranty Is and How To Claim Yours
A home warranty plan covers all the needed repairs and replacements in your home. In most cases, home warranties last for one year.
There are many home warranty companies in America, but how will you find the best one? We can help you find the best home warranty company, and when the time comes, DoNotPay will help you file a warranty claim.
How Does a Home Warranty Work?
When an appliance or a home system stops working, you call the company to claim your warranty. The official method for filing a warranty claim depends on the company. Once you file the warranty claim, the company schedules a maintenance appointment with a technician who comes to your house and fixes the problem.
The home warranty company pays if your appliance needs a replacement. The customers usually pay a small fee for the repairman’s visit.
Sometimes, companies might reject your first claim, leaving you the option to file an appeal.
Which Is the Best Home Warranty Company?
Every company claims that it’s the best. To avoid falling for their ads, you should always consult home warranty reviews. According to the reviews, these are the best home warranty companies on the market:
|AFC Home Club||Starts at $350/year||
|First American Home Warranty||Starts at $28/month||
|Amazon Home Warranty||Starts at $349/year||
|American Home Shield||Starts at $75/month||
|American Residential Warranty||Starts at $34.99/month||
How To Claim a House Warranty Using DoNotPay
Claiming warranties with DoNotPay is completely straightforward. You’ll file your claim with only a few clicks on the computer. DoNotPay will do most of the work for you—all you need to provide is information about your warranty company. The same goes for car warranties and other manufacturer warranties.
The only few steps you need to take are:
- Access DoNotPay from any web browser
- Type in Claim Warranty in the search box
- Click on the Home Warranty button
- Enter the name of your home warranty provider
- Let us know what issues you’re having in your home
- Click on Submit My Claim
DoNotPay will create your warranty claim and file it with the company. After we submit it, your warranty provider will contact you.
DoNotPay Can File Appeals to Your Home Warranty Providers
When you file a claim for the first time, the company might reject it. They tend to do this so that you’d withdraw your warranty claim. If you run into this obstacle, DoNotPay can help you file an appeal. Using DoNotPay for home warranty claim appeals will save you a lot of time and energy.
Follow the steps below to file your appeal with DoNotPay:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account
- Open the Claim Warranty feature
- Select Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Indicate against whose decision you’re filing the appeal—pick Product Manufacturer or Extended Warranty Provider
- Add relevant details and the denied claim, then click on Submit
We will collect all your information and generate an appeal. After we submit it, the home warranty provider will contact you as soon as possible.
Get DoNotPay for Other Bureaucratic Issues You’re Dealing With
DoNotPay can also cancel services you no longer need, such as American Home Shield, if you found a better home warranty, or Vivint, if you’re moving to a new home and don’t require home smart technology.
To access all of DoNotPay’s features, open our app in a web browser of your choice. You’ll get help with:
- Claiming other types of warranties
- Applying for a variety of clinical trials
- Suing any company or person in small claims court and winning
- Starting various free trials without leaving credit card information
- Contesting speeding citations
- Jumping phone queues when contacting customer support
- Pushing the deadlines for bills you can’t currently pay
- Stopping spam SMS on your phone
- Using burner phones to avoid phone number verification on various services
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Making an appointment with the DMV in a snap
- Dropping memberships and subscriptions you have no use for
- Protecting your art from copyright infringement
- Getting even with robocalls
- Solving credit card issues quickly
- Finding missing money under your name
- Contacting your loved ones in jail
- Avoiding parking tickets
- Requesting a refund or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Putting an end to spam emails once and for all
- Getting a refund from any company
- Handling stalking and harassment
- Eliminating college application fees in under five minutes