How To File an LG Refrigerator Warranty Claim in Just a Few Steps
LG is a South Korean company that produces home appliances, mobile devices, home entertainment, vehicle component solutions, etc.
LG is a renowned brand, and although the company applies new technologies in the production of its products, some LG refrigerators or their parts may show a malfunction over time. This is when you reach for the warranty papers, but you might experience certain problems when trying to file an LG refrigerators warranty claim.
What Does an LG Refrigerator Warranty Cover?
Warranties should guarantee free repair service for their products or replacement of (core) parts within the warranty period. This applies to LG too, but each LG product has different terms.
If your LG fridge malfunctions, it’s best you consult the warranty you got once you bought it. Check the purchase date and the LG refrigerator warranty period first. If you can’t find the warranty, you should know that most LG fridge warranties include the following:
|Period of Coverage||Extended Coverage|
| || |
LG sealed systems warranty (dryer, condenser, connecting tube, evaporator):
LG compressor warranty:
LG linear/inverter compressor warranty:
How To File an LG Refrigerator Warranty Claim With DoNotPay
The whole process is easy and fast, and you’ll complete it by:
- Opening DoNotPay in your web browser
- Going to the Claim Warranty feature
- Selecting Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Typing LG, entering LG refrigerator purchase and warranty details, and describing the problems you’ve been having with your fridge
- Clicking on Submit my claim
The DoNotPay app automatically submits your claim letter—the claim is processed, and an LG customer service representative gets in touch with you.
Even if you don’t know the details of your LG refrigerator warranty, DoNotPay will generate an argument based on implied warranty laws.
Claim an LG Fridge Warranty by Yourself
If you’d like to try making a claim yourself—here’s what you can do:
- Use the online chatbot
- Submit an online inquiry
- Request a repair online
- Call LG support
Use the Online Chatbot
On the LG support page, click on Start LG chatbot—a new window opens and then:
- Choose one of the offered cards
- Answer the questions the chatbot’s asking
- Describe the request you have
How To Send an Online Inquiry
Submit your LG fridge warranty claim online by:
- Accessing the same support page on the LG website
- Selecting the right type of inquiry from the drop-down menu
- Entering details about your LG refrigerator
- Typing in your personal data
- Describing your problem
- Clicking on the submit button
Submit an Online Repair Request
If you’ve experienced problems with certain parts, e.g., LG (linear) compressor, your warranty also covers this issue.
- Open this page in your browser
- Choose to sign in or proceed as a guest
- Enter your LG fridge model number or find it in the product category
- Type in the serial number and purchase data
- Continue to Step 2 and 3
Get in Touch With a Support Representative
Call LG support service at 800 243 0000. You might need to wait for a while for a support representative to answer, but when they do, describe the problem you’ve been having with your LG fridge.
If you don’t hear from them back in due time, call them back, try contacting LG support in some other way, or let DoNotPay handle everything for you.
|Can You Claim Your Warranty With||Yes/No|
|Online Inquiry/Request Form||Yes|
Can DoNotPay Help You Appeal a Denied LG Fridge Warranty Claim?
Yes, DoNotPay can help you appeal if your LG refrigerator warranty claim is rejected. Follow these simple steps:
- Access DoNotPay in your web browser
- Open the Claim Warranty feature
- Select Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Indicate whether you’d like to appeal against an extended warranty provider or LG
- Enter details about the company you’ve chosen in the previous step and about your LG refrigerator warranty claim
DoNotPay automatically submits your appeal, and you can expect to hear from LG regarding your case.
What Else Can DoNotPay Assist You With?
There are lots of issues the DoNotPay app can help you deal with. It can provide you with reviews of home warranties, information on the home warranty of America, used cars extended warranties, and much more.
- Handling issues with credit cards
- Getting a refund from a company
- Terminating subscriptions or memberships
- Protecting yourself from stalkers and harassers
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Skipping waiting on hold with customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Dealing with bills you cannot pay
- Getting compensation for robocalls
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Scheduling DMV appointments in no time
- Contesting parking tickets
- Applying for additional clinical trials
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Filing a warranty claim
- Protecting yourself from spam text messages
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Avoiding phone verification when signing up for services
- Identifying all unclaimed funds under your name
- Waiving college application fees