How To Work Around Venmo’s Verify Phone Step at the Signup
As a mobile payment service, Venmo requires that you connect a phone number to your account to verify it. If you already have an account but want to create more, you probably don’t have any extra numbers to spare.
Don’t worry, because DoNotPay can step in and provide you with a fake phone number to sign up for Venmo. You won’t have to buy an expensive burner phone or use someone else's number to create a Venmo account. Our app keeps it simple and lets you sign up for any service that requires phone number verification. We can even help with the ones that ask for credit card details.
How Does Venmo Text Phone Verification Work?
You can sign up for Venmo without providing them with a valid phone number, but you won’t be able to use the app. You must verify your account before you can start receiving payments.
Once you sign up with a number, you’ll be sent a verification text to your phone. When you input the verification number, your account will be ready to use.
If you signed up without a number, you can add a number in the app’s Settings section.
How Do I Bypass Venmo Phone Verification?
If you’re wondering how to verify a phone on Venmo without disclosing your real number, there aren’t many solutions that are practical and cheap. You can try a few different methods to acquire a valid number:
Buying a burner phone
Googling fake phone numbers
Using someone else’s phone
Why Do I Have To Verify My Phone at Venmo?
The company’s policy for signing up is clear—you have to use your phone number to verify a new account. There are valid reasons for this policy:
- It reduces the number of spam accounts, as phone numbers aren’t easy to come by
- It helps track potentially fraudulent accounts
- It allows you to use your phone for two-factor authentication
DoNotPay Will Help You Verify Venmo Without a Phone Number
Studies have shown that consumers don’t trust big corporations with their information anymore. It’s become common knowledge that companies such as Facebook and Venmo collect and sell every bit of personal information they have on their users to different businesses. If you don’t have a number to spare or don’t want to share your number with Venmo, you should use DoNotPay’s Burner Phone feature.
We can help you skip the verification process by generating a temporary phone number that you can use to verify Venmo or any other service. Follow these steps to easily gain access to any service that asks for a phone number:
- Access DoNotPay from your
- Navigate to the Burner Phone tab
- Enter the name of the company that requires phone verification
- Press Create a temporary number
You’ll receive a temporary phone number that you can use to verify your Venmo account without disclosing your real details. The phone number is operational for ten minutes, which gives you ample time to receive and type in the verification code you receive from Venmo.
DoNotPay will provide you with a temporary phone number multiple times per month, which beats having to buy a new burner phone any time you want to sign up for a new service.
What To Do if Venmo Can’t Verify a Phone Number?
A common issue for Venmo users is that their phone isn’t recognized by the app’s verification system. This can happen if you use a VOIP line, which Venmo doesn’t support. If you switch your number from a VOIP to a non-VOIP line, it might take some time for Venmo to process the change. In case you want to activate your account as soon as possible and skip the wait, use DoNotPay’s Burner Phone feature.
If your phone is on Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode, you won’t receive a confirmation text from Venmo. Make sure you enable messages from unknown numbers and disable DND and Airplane Mode before you request a confirmation text.
To send the verification text again, you should:
- Check if you have short code messaging enabled with your provider
- Text Start to 86753, which will check if you allow text messages from Venmo on your phone
- Press Resend Code
If none of these methods work, consider logging into Venmo from another device.
The Best Part About DoNotPay’s Fake Phone Number Is Its Versatility
Plenty of apps and services require phone number verification. While two-step authentication is a great way to ensure that nobody else can log into your account, you may not always feel comfortable giving something as private as your phone number to big corporations.
If you want to test out the service, but are reluctant to provide your actual phone number, you can use DoNotPay’s randomly generated phone number instead. Here are some instances in which DoNotPay can help you bypass phone verification:
Use DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card for Free Trials
Online services often demand either a valid phone number or credit card upon signup. Giving away the latter can feel even more daunting than disclosing your phone number. Companies that offer free trials are notorious for trying to get you to sign up for free, then charging you once the trial is over. If you forget that you signed up and the trial expires, you’ll be charged because it auto-renews into a paid version.
DoNotPay offers a clever workaround that will keep your credit card safe from unwanted charges—a free virtual credit card generator. The way it works is simple:
- We generate a credit card number
- You use it to sign up for a free trial
- Once the trial runs out, you’re unsubscribed because there are no funds on the card
This way, you avoid risking your money, and the company doesn’t get your credit card information.
DoNotPay Provides More Than Just Burner Phones
Our AI Consumer Champion app can help you generate virtual phone numbers for a variety of services. If you need a new number to verify Snapchat, Reddit, or MeetMe, our Burner Phone feature has you covered.
DoNotPay can help you deal with other administrative tasks. We’ll show you how to appeal parking tickets in Oakland, Austin, New York, or any other city in the U.S. If you don’t know how to sue someone for harassment, ask the world's first AI Consumer Champion to jump in.
Take advantage of useful features once you access DoNotPay in your . Here’s a list of tasks we can help you with:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting refunds from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Applying for clinical trials
- Stopping text spam
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for other services without phone verification
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement