How To Get Past Tinder Phone Number Verification
Being available in over 190 countries and downloaded more than 340 million times, Tinder is the world’s most popular dating app. If you are single or have been recently, you probably used it at least once.
In the beginning, Tinder allowed users to create an account using Facebook instead of a phone number. That option is no longer available, so people opt for fake phone numbers or even burner phones for verification to protect their privacy.
If you’re trying to bypass Tinder phone number verification, you are in the right place, as you can use DoNotPay to create a temporary phone number for this service.
Why Does Tinder Need Your Phone Number?
There is plenty of fish in the sea—a lot of them are catfish, unfortunately.
Up until 2018, you could sign up for Tinder with your Facebook account. But a large number of bots and fake profiles caused Tinder to change this policy and make phone number verification a mandatory requirement for creating an account. The goal was to create a process that would confirm that the person behind an account is real.
How Does Tinder Use Phone Numbers for Verification?
Tinder requires a phone number for the mere process of creating an account, as they send a text message with the initial access code. They don’t use it to send promotional or informational texts, and your account cannot be traced through it—at least not in the app.
It is also made clear that your phone number does not appear anywhere on your profile.
If it is all so straightforward, why are so many people looking for loopholes and other options to bypass phone number verification on Tinder?
Reasons To Use Fake Phone Number for Tinder
People are rightfully concerned about their privacy on dating apps. Tinder goes out of the way to prove your number stays private, but other service providers may not be as considerate. One thing you should keep in mind is that people can use your phone number to track down your Tinder account, using apps designed specifically for that. Another downside of using a real number online is that numerous companies sell their users’ phone numbers and personal info to advertising agencies and political groups. If you’ve already provided your real number, there is not much that you can do.
Plenty of services, including Tinder, offer two-factor authentication, in which case your number is used to prevent others from hacking your account. When Tinder notices there’s been an attempt of logging in to your account from another device or location, they inform you via text message. They also include a verification code in the text, which you must enter to log in.
How To Avoid Phone Verification on Tinder?
Statistical research shows that more than 80% of Americans are hesitant about giving away their personal information online since it can lead to potential data leaks, spam texts, and annoying advertisements. If you are unwilling to give out this kind of information, does it mean you have to give up using online services altogether?
Well, not necessarily because there are multiple options for registering your account without giving out your real number:
- Use someone else’s phone—Ask a friend that doesn’t have a problem with disclosing their personal information online, but make sure they don’t have a Tinder account and don’t intend to make one since a phone number can be used only for one account
- Buy a burner phone—You can buy a burner with a prepaid SIM card and use it for other apps as well, but it is not so cost-effective, especially if you want to register multiple accounts in one app
- Try fake phone number apps available online
If you’re not sure how to verify a Tinder account without your phone number, take a look at the brief overview in the following table:
|Can I Verify Tinder Account Using||Yes/No|
|No (as of 2018)|
Use DoNotPay To Bypass Tinder Phone Verification
DoNotPay came up with a convenient alternative for people reluctant to provide their real phone numbers when signing up for different online services. Use our Burner Phone feature to bypass phone number verification for apps, subscriptions, and other services that demand this kind of authentication.
Access DoNotPay from your web browser and follow these steps to generate a phone number for Tinder verification:
- Click on Burner Phone
- Choose Tinder as the company you need a number for
- Select Create a Temporary Number
- Use it to verify your account
- Enter the code you received
When registering for a service with your phone number, you get a text message with a confirmation code. If you use our service, DoNotPay will display a message containing the code in your account. You can use this number once because it gets deactivated in 10 minutes to prevent spam and ensure privacy.
We allow users to create multiple temporary phone numbers per month, and it is all included in our monthly subscription with no extra fees. That amount is next to nothing compared to $50 and more with some other services.
Use DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card and Secure Your Info
If you don’t feel comfortable with giving out your phone number, disclosing your credit card information is probably even more problematic. Fortunately, DoNotPay has the Free Trial Card feature, which allows you to sign up for any service, risk-free. It works like this:
- DoNotPay creates a virtual credit card
- You use it for a free trial
- After the trial ends, you get unsubscribed automatically
With our virtual credit card, you needn’t worry about your information being used or getting charged automatically. This card is not associated with your bank account or real card, so it’s only valid for free trials.
DoNotPay Is So Much More Than Your Wingman
We can help you create a Google account, sign up for Yahoo, or join PayPal without giving your real phone number. You can even generate a phone number to participate in a survey. The possibilities are endless. Access DoNotPay from any web browser and experience it yourself.
We can help you with:
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Taking people and companies to small claims court
- Making a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself and your loved ones from stalking and harassment
- Asking companies for refunds
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail for good
- Putting an end to text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your imprisoned loved ones
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Appealing speeding tickets
- Signing up for other services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name